Falstad Wildhammer, the Wildhammer Thane, is a ranged assassin hero from the Warcraft universe. He is the High Thane of the Wildhammer clan and a founding member of the Council of Three Hammers that now presides over Ironforge. Despite wild speculation, Falstad has never been dead and anyone who claims such is a liar.
|Price||625 / 7,000|
|Release Date||March 13, 2014|
Falstad Wildhammer first gained notoriety as the leader of a group of gryphon riders that patrolled Lordaeron's shores against dragons after the Second War, earning him the name Falstad Dragonreaver. Despite his skill against the giant creatures, Falstad is also one of the most respected humanoids alive in the eyes of the Red dragonflight due to his participation in the mission to rescue Alexstrasza from the Dragonmaw clan at the fortress of Grim Batol.
Following the presumed death or retirement of High Thane Maz Drachrip of the Wildhammer clan, Falstad became the new High Thane. Ruling from his seat at Aerie Peak in the Hinterlands, Falstad had officially maintained neutrality in the war between the Horde and Alliance, despite his leanings towards the latter. This allowed the Wildhammers to avoid open hostilities with the Revantusk trolls, though isolated skirmishes were not necessarily rare occurrences in the Hinterlands due to limited territory and the natural animosity between the two races. This neutrality would prove to be short lived. With the Revantusk trolls to the east and the Forsaken capital only a short distance to the northwest, as well as the growing threat of the Scourge, Falstad found himself squeezed from three sides and worked to rebuild the relationship between the Wildhammers and the Alliance.
When Magni Bronzebeard, King of Ironforge and head of the Bronzebeard clan falls prey to a curse that turns him into a crystal, a council with a representative of the three major dwarven clans is formed to succeed him, with Falstad representing the Wildhammer clan alongside Moira Thaurissan of the Dark Iron clan and Muradin Bronzebeard, King Magni's brother.
Falstad's gryphon mount, Swiftwing, is a minor character from the Hinterlands leveling zone. Said to be the mightiest gryphon living in the Wildhammer dwarven capital of Aerie Peak, he has a wife, Keenclaw, and a son, Sharpbeak; saving Sharpbeak from capture by the Vilebranch forest troll tribe was the focus of a quest in Vanilla WoW, but other than that Swiftwing doesn't have any other involvement with the plot.
❢ Reward: None
* Gathering Storm has no upper limit.
* Bonus damage from Gathering Storm is not affected by Scaling.
❢ Reward: Upon gaining 40 bonus Attack Damage, you can also activate Seasoned Marksman to increase your Attack Speed by 40% for 3 seconds.
Cooldown: 60 seconds
* Continues to gain stacks even after the quest is complete.
* Bonus damage from Seasoned Marksman is affected by damage multipliers, but not by Scaling.
* Bosses can't be bribed, but the Lightning Rod damage bonus works on them normally.
* There is no upper limit to damage gained through this Talent
* Shield amount stacks, but duration is refreshed by every consecutive lightning strike.
* BOOMerang activation doesn't benefit from the bonuses of Gathering Storm, nor gain stacks for it
* Increases Lightning Rod's duration to 6 seconds.
After 1 second, deal 475 (+4.75% per level) damage to enemies within a long line. The cooldown is reduced by 25 seconds for every enemy Hero hit.
Push enemies away, and slow their Movement Speed by 40% decaying over 4 seconds.
* Increases the damage of an untalented Lightning Rod by up to 45%
* Creates 8 additional pulses, one every 0.5 seconds
* Only the initial pulse causes enemies to be inable to act.
| Falstad Skins|
|Backstory: Falstad Wildhammer is the High Thane of the Wildhammer Clan and a founding member of the Council of Three Hammers that presides over Ironforge. Despite speculation, Falstad has never been dead and anyone who claims such is a liar.|
625 / 7,000
|Backstory: To this day, Captain Falstad and the crew of the Wildhammer honor the pirate’s code set by Mistharbour's Council of Three Anchors. Of course, some say those rules are merely guidelines...|
|Features: Themed abilities.|
|Notes: This skin theme is part of a shared theme of Mistharbour skins.|
|Backstory: Much like other clans and races will don warpaint as they head into battle, the Wildhammer Dwarves will adorn themselves with their gryphon's feathers.|
|Backstory: During the War of Three Hammers, no Wildhammer was as feared as the Storm Lords. Their stormhammers forced the Bronzebeards to adopt new weapons and strategies.|
- Gryphon riders first appeared in Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness (December 1995). Falstad first appeared in the novel Day of the Dragon (February 2001). His first game appearance was in World of Warcraft (November 2004).
- Falstad is voiced by Michael Sorich.
- Falstad was one of the 18 heroes revealed at BlizzCon 2013.
- Falstad was in attendance to the wedding of Tyrande Whisperwind and Malfurion Stormrage.
- Some of Falstad's dialogue references the interaction between Chris Metzen and Ian Bates at BlizzCon 2010.
- Falstad's nickname is "the Dragonreaver".
- Falstad jokes about his Barrel Roll ability in a reference to Nintendo's Star Fox series.
- Falstad notes that everyone is riding gryphons nowadays, referring to the flight paths and flying mounts in World of Warcraft.
- Falstad is the first and only mounted hero in the game.