Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
References to Darkness are a running joke that began in Warcraft III and continues in Heroes of the Storm.
Warcraft III[edit | edit source]
- Demon Hunter: "Darkness called... But I was on the phone, so I missed him. I tried to *69-Darkness, but his machine picked up. I yelled "Pick up the phone, Darkness!", but he ignored me. Darkness must have been screening his calls."
- Dreadlord: (phone rings) "Yes? Darkness, hey, what's up? The Demon Hunter left you a message? No, I don't have his number."
- Tichondrius: "Darkness... needs to get DSL. His line is always busy."
- Arthas: "Who is this "Darkness" anyway?"
Heroes of the Storm[edit | edit source]
- Arthas: "Darkness stopped calling. It's alright, though. We're still friends through Real ID."
- Crown Prince Arthas: (phone rings) "I'm sorry, I have to take this." (answers the phone) "Darkness! How's it - wait, what? Oh. Yeah, there're a lot of demon hunters now, that was bound to happen. I agree, I agree, it's very confusing. L-look, I gotta go, I'm in the middle of a thing here. Yeah, yeah, no, we'll hang out soon. Okay, bye."
- Gul'dan: "Poke not the Darkness, lest the Darkness poke you."
- Gul'dan: "I am Darkness Incarnate! Soon you shall all..." (phone ringing) "Always the worst timing. I'm so sorry, hold on... Who is this? Darkness who? Oh. Umm... hmm... okay. I'm being sued for trademark infringement. Now that's evil."
- Illidan: (text message sounds) "Hold on. Darkness just texted me."
- Kel'Thuzad: "The Darkness guides me. He's the only one with GPS after all."
- Leoric: "Darkness follows me. I follow him too, but he doesn't post much."
- Space Lord Leoric: "Never underestimate the power of the Darkness. Seriously, don't. Darkness gets all passive aggressive about it. Leaves little sticky notes everywhere."
- Li-Ming: "I once cast magic missile into the Darkness. Boy was he sore about it."
- Mal'Ganis: (phone rings) "Yes? Oh, hello Darkness. My old friend. Have you called to talk to me again?" (pauses then sighs) "No. I still don't have the Demon Hunter's number. Ask the other one."
- Malfurion: "I sense Darkness in the dreamways. You know, I haven't seen him in a while. I should go say hello."
- Valla: (Tristram music ringtone) "Hello? Who is this? I don't know any "Darkness". Look, I think you've got the wrong demon hunter. Yeah. Yeah, good bye."
- Zeratul: "Darkness is my ally... but we keep it casual. The Void is a jealous mistress."
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Li-Ming's quote is a reference to a 1996 D&D sketch by the Dead Alewives.
References[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Darkness on Wowpedia, a Warcraft encyclopedia.