|Title||King of Stormwind|
|Price||750 / 10,000|
|Release Date||April 30, 2019|
Anduin Llane Wrynn, King of Stormwind, is a ranged Healer hero from the Warcraft franchise. As a young man, Anduin sought peace as a priest of the Holy Light and an envoy of the Alliance. After his father, Varian, fell to the Burning Legion, Anduin took up the crown as High King of the Alliance. He soon learned that peace must be fought for, even in the Nexus.
Background[edit | edit source]
This section concerns content exclusive to the Warcraft universe.
Anduin Wrynn is the son of Varian Wrynn and heir to the throne of Stormwind. Anduin was for a time following his father's disappearance the king of Stormwind, but following Lady Prestor's unmasking and Varian's return, the latter took up the mantle of king again. His relationship with his father has always been somewhat strained: although he loves and respects his father, he prefers a more peaceful approach to foreign relations, and does not agree with the king's more aggressive tactics. However as time wore on, he began to rub off on his father, who became more appreciative of diplomacy and peaceful tactics. He is also close with Jaina Proudmore and views her as a family member, affectionately calling her "aunt", and was dismayed by her change in personality and world-view as a result of Garrosh Hellscream's actions. He was subsequently relieved when she finally returned to her senses during the Blood War.
In his teenager years, Anduin took up training in the ways of the Light and became a priest, and soon after became a pupil of the Prophet Velen, leader of the draenei. Anduin becomes the King of Stormwind after his father dies heroically against Gul'dan and the Burning Legion, during the Battle for Broken Shore. After taking the throne, Genn Greymane became his second-in-command and military advisor.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
Anduin is a ranged Healer that excels at protecting himself and his allies at the same time using shields and heals. His trait is Leap of Faith, which can be activated to pull an ally to Anduin's location. His basic abilities include Flash Heal, a heal on a short channel and very short cooldown; Divine Star, a heavenly bolt that damages enemies then returns to Anduin and heals allies; and Chastise, a swell of light that damages and roots the first enemy hero hit.
His first heroic is Holy Word: Salvation, which surrounds Anduin in a holy field that rapidly heals nearby allies and protects them from all damage. His second heroic is Lightbomb, which imbues an ally with the Light, causing them to damage and stun nearby enemies after a delay then gain a shield that scales based on how many enemies were hit.
Strengths[edit | edit source]
Weaknesses[edit | edit source]
- No Mobility
- Delayed Healing
Abilities[edit | edit source]
- See Data page for a table of scaled values at key levels.
Talents[edit | edit source]
- Moral Compass benefits from all talents interacting with Anduin's Basic Attacks.
- This heal does not benefit from talents affecting Flash Heal.
- Multiple hits do not grant more Shields.
This effect has a 10 seconds cooldown.
After 0.5 seconds, Channel to invoke the Light for 3 seconds. While nearby, allied Heroes heal for up to 25% of their max Health and are Protected.
Imbue an allied Hero with the Light. After 1.5 seconds, it explodes, dealing 150 damage to enemies and Stunning them for 1.25 seconds.
The target gains a Shield that absorbs 165 damage per enemy Hero hit. Lasts for 5 seconds.
Active: Activate to reset the cooldown of Flash Heal and its next cast heals for 40% more.
Damaging enemy Heroes with Divine Star reduces this cooldown by 8 seconds.
Summon a Lightwell that periodically heals a nearby allied Hero for 75. The well only fades after healing 10 times or when recast.
This cooldown is reduced by 1 second each time Anduin heals an allied Hero.
Activate to desperately heal an allied Hero for 540, but kneel for 2 seconds, unable to act.
Using Desperate Prayer places Flash Heal on a 10 second cooldown.
Skins[edit | edit source]
Portraits[edit | edit source]
Sprays[edit | edit source]
Emojis[edit | edit source]
Quotes[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Anduin made his debut in World of Warcraft (November 2004).
- His book debut was five years later, in Stormrage (February 2010).
- Anduin is voiced by Joey Cash in World of Warcraft, Jim Mahoney in World of Warcraft: Cataclysm (December 2010), and Josh Keaton as of World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria (September 2012).
- Anduin's base skin variations are based out of places from World of Warcraft, specifically regions of the Kingdom of Stormwind.
- "Darkshire Anduin" resembles a soldier of the Night Watch.
- "Redridge Anduin" resembles the colors of Redridge Mountains.
- "Westfall Anduin" resembles a soldier of the Westfall Brigade.
- "Elwynn Anduin" resembles the colors and greenery of Elwynn Forest.
- Anduin also has an unreleased Forsaken variant for his base skin.
- The front bangs of Anduin's mane are silvery-white on the Darkshire skin.
- Anduin's dance is called the "Hand Clap" in the game's files, the animation and reference itself done by Matt Parker.
- Anduin’s taunt animation has him summoning and slicing in half the crest of the Forsaken. The crest is Sylvanas’ face.
- Anduin's hearthstone animation has him flipping through a deck of Hearthstone cards. All cards have images of Murky.
- Anduin wields Shalamayne, the same sword as his father Varian. To differentiate these weapon models, Anduin's version is tied together around the center and also has yellow gems instead of red.
- Anduin only uses the Shalamayne during his Divine Star skill. His Basic Attacks are instead ranged, in the form of holy bolts.
- Early concept arts for Anduin had him wielding his mace Fearbreaker while still carrying Shalamayne on his back.
- Anduin's design in Heroes of the Storm combines his prince garbs (as seen in World of Warcraft: Legion (August 2016) with his full plate armor that he wears in World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth, carrying the coat and armor from each respectively His face is modeled to resemble his appearance in the World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth cinematic trailer.
- A remix of "Anduin's Theme" (also known as "A World Divided", composed by Neil Acree) has been added to the game, which plays at the menu screen featuring Anduin's artwork.
- Anduin's model was datamined from PTR on February 5th, 2019.
- Holy Word: Salvation is a reference to the World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth (August 2018) cinematic trailer, in which Anduin heals his Alliance soldiers in an identical fashion. He even says "Stand as one!" when casting the ability. Holy Word: Salvation is also a talent available for Priests in World of Warcraft at level 100.
- Anduin is the second character in the game representing the Priest class from World of Warcraft, the first being Whitemane.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
General[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
Concept art[edit | edit source]
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Videos[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Anduin - Heroes of the Storm
- Anduin Wrynn - Wowpedia
- Anduin Balance Changelog - Heroes Patch Notes
- Anduin Guide on Icy Veins
|Bruisers_||Artanis • Chen • D.Va • Dehaka • Imperius • Leoric • Malthael • Ragnaros • Rexxar • Sonya • Thrall • Varian • Xul • Yrel|
|Healers_||Alexstrasza • Ana • Anduin • Auriel • Brightwing • Deckard • Kharazim • Li Li • Lt. Morales • Lúcio • Malfurion • Rehgar • Stukov • Uther • Tyrande • Whitemane|
|Melee Assassins_||Alarak • Gazlowe • Illidan • Kerrigan • Maiev • Murky • Samuro • The Butcher • Valeera • Zeratul|
|Ranged Assassins_||Azmodan • Cassia • Chromie • Falstad • Greymane • Fenix • Gall • Genji • Gul'dan • Hanzo • Jaina • Junkrat • Kael'thas • Kel'Thuzad • Li-Ming • Lunara • Mephisto • Nazeebo • Nova • Orphea • Probius • Raynor • Sgt. Hammer • Sylvanas • Tracer • Tychus • Valla • Zagara • Zul'jin|
|Support_||Abathur • Medivh • Tassadar • The Lost Vikings • Zarya|
|Tanks_||Anub'arak • Arthas • Blaze • Cho • Diablo • E.T.C. • Garrosh • Johanna • Mal'Ganis • Muradin • Stitches • Tyrael|