"Make way for the bad guy!"
|Title||Warlord of the Amani|
|Price||750 / 10,000|
|Release Date||January 4, 2017|
Background[edit | edit source]This section concerns content exclusive to the Warcraft universe.
Zul'jin is a warlord of the Amani forest trolls and has been chieftain of the Amani tribe since before the Second War. Zul'jin and the Amani tribe were allied with the orcish Horde for the duration of the Second War, but Zul'jin himself was captured near its end by the Alliance. Upon gaining his freedom he went into hiding to rebuild his army and plan an attack on the remnants of the high elves, now known as blood elves, only to find them allied with the Horde.
A fierce forest troll of the Amani tribe, Zul'jin's ability as a warrior and leader meant he was able to do what no other troll had done since the Troll Wars: unite the warring tribes of Zul'Aman under a single leader. He was infamous for his daring raids on the outskirts of Quel'Thalas at a time when trolls had been completely beaten into obscurity by the high elves. Some claimed he planned to unite all trolls, but his plans were quickly put on hold by the events of the Second War.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
Strength[edit | edit source]
- Can be utilized as either a Basic Attack sustained damage dealer or Basic Ability burst "mage".
- Can fill multiple roles to accommodate a multitude of team compositions and match-ups
- Regeneration adds self-sustain in lane and between teamfights.
Weaknesses[edit | edit source]
- Players need to determine when to sacrifice Zul'jin's Health for bonus damage.
- No gap-closer; very susceptible to enemy ganks and dive
- Vulnerable to crowd control, Blinds and focus-fire
- high learning-curve
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Talents[edit | edit source]
❢ Quest: Zul'jin's first Takedown against each enemy Hero permanently increases his damage dealt by 2%.
❢ Reward: After getting Takedowns on every enemy Hero, Basic Attack range is increased by 1.1.
- Boosts both Spell and Physical damage.
Activate to remove all current Root and Slow.
Passive: Lower the cooldowns and Mana cost of Regeneration by 40%.
For the next 4 seconds, Zul'jin is Unkillable, and cannot be reduced to less than 1 Health. Taz'dingo!
Zul'jin launches a massive axe into the air that drops on the targeted area, dealing 330 (+4% per level) damage plus bonus damage the lower his Health is.
This cannot be interrupted, once cast.
- Bonus damage may occur in both locations where the two axes meet each other: in the mid-arc as well as in the end of axes' traveling path, i.e. at the initial cast location.
- After completing the You Want Axe? quest, the second revolve also applies bonus damage.
Hero Takedowns instantly grant 40% Attack Speed.
- Healing is calculated after Armor reductions and other damage modifiers.
Skins[edit | edit source]
| Zul'jin Event Skins|
|Backstory: For Azeroth's trolls, the loa are a central part of the Lunar Festival. Shadow hunters celebrate the powerful spirits by crafting elaborate masks in their likenesses.|
|Notes: This skin theme is part of a shared theme of holiday skins.|
Portraits[edit | edit source]
| Zul'jin Portraits|
Lil' Lunar Zul'jin
Robo Zul'jin Insignia
Toon Lunar Zul'jin
Sprays[edit | edit source]
| Zul'jin Sprays|
Robo Zul'jin Insignia
Emojis[edit | edit source]
Quotes[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Zul'jin made his debut in Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness (December 1995).
- His book debut was eleven years later, in World of Warcraft: Tides of Darkness (August 2007).
- The story of how Zul'jin lost his right eye to the elves, and lost his left arm escaping them, was told in the Gods of Zul'Aman patch trailer.
- Zul'jin tends to use Ds instead of Ts due to his thick Jamacan accent.
- Zul'jin is the first and only troll hero in the game.
- He is also the twelfth Warcraft assassin hero in the game.
- Zul'jin has an extremely strong detestment of high elves.
- Zul'jin is shown to be two-handed and two-eyed like in Warcraft II instead of having one of each cut down as his appearance in The Burning Crusade. His bio also shows that he hasn't regressed to his all-hating self of the expansion, only concerned about taking back the Amani from the elves and mostly using throwing axes, the only time Loa magic is used is during Taz'dingo! to render himself unable to die for a few moments.
- One of Zul'jin's gag quotes references the saying "seeing the forest for the trees."
- Zul'jin is voiced by Chris Metzen in World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade, and by Andre Sogliuzzo in Heroes of the Storm. 
- Zul'jin's dance is a reference to the Axe Gang from the movie Kung Fu Hustle (April 2005).
Gallery[edit | edit source]
General[edit | edit source]
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Prerelease[edit | edit source]
The Blizzard DOTA models of Zul'jin and various other heroes
Zul'jin and Samuro try to take a mercenary camp, shown at BlizzCon 2013
Videos[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Zul'jin - Heroes of the Storm
- Zul'jin - Wowpedia
- Zul'jin Build Guide on Icy Veins
- Zul'jin Balance Changelog - Heroes Patch Notes
- Zul'jin Sound Files - Sounds of the Storm