"Thanks to sound military tactics and the fierce loyalty of its soldiers, the Viper organization rose to power—squashing all who tried to stand in the way."
Background[edit | edit source]
The terrorist organization Viper wasn’t the only criminal paramilitary outfit that had desired to conquer the world, but they were the first to accomplish their sinister goals. Using unbelievable technological advances alongside ruthless tactics, they waged war on the world at large for two decades. Now, Viper serves as the united world government’s leadership and military arm, ensuring the populace remains complacent by stamping out insurrections wherever they might take root.
Despite this, a secret resistance formed in the shadows, and are fighting back for the United States.
Viper Organization content[edit | edit source]
Events[edit | edit source]
Skins[edit | edit source]
- Sidewinder Ana
- Backstory: As Viper's deadliest sniper, Sidewinder is personally responsible for killing the organization's most prominent enemies. Were it not for her, Viper may never have risen to power... a fact that she uses to her advantage whenever she is contested.
- Firestorm Blaze
- Backstory: Viper hunted him down. Slaughtered his brothers-in-arms. Now they're taken the one thing he truly loves in this world - his only daugther. The Firestorm is coming, and no snake will be spared the flame.
- Deckard Pain
- Backstory: As the United States signed the Malta accords, their sovereignty ended, and Viper's began. Yet, in secret, Maj. Pain had been given leadership over a team with a very particular set of skills and one final mission: resistance.
- Deathfang Genji
- Backstory: No one knows who Deathfang used to be. Some say he was a high-ranking Viper general; others that he was a common soldier. Whoever he was, his old identity has been permanently wiped from Viper's records. All that remains of him is his kill count.
- Delta Hanzo
- Backstory: Cpt. Shimada had his mission: to eliminate the Viper leader known as Deathfang, his brother. The government expected him to fail, but they made a mistake... they didn't realize they were dealing with Hanzo.
- Imperator Stukov
- Backstory: Thanks to the sound military tactics and fierce loyalty of Viper's soldiers, the Imperator has crushed his enemies and established a new world order. It is only a matter of time before his robotic fist snuffs out the dying embers of rebellion.
Mounts[edit | edit source]
- Backstory: Thanks to the Defensive Extraneous Research Program Assembly's grant, our combat automaton is ready for testing! As of patch 51.2.4, it now climbs up stairs and doesn't trip over its legs... as much. Welcome to the future!
- Viper Dominator
- Backstory: Build for speed and maneuverability, Dominators enable the rapid deployment of strike forces in all manner of terrain. The howl of their engines heralds the wrath of Viper.
Portraits[edit | edit source]
Emojis[edit | edit source]
Unreleased[edit | edit source]
The following content has been shown in the "In-Development" blog and presents in the game files, but isn't available in-game yet.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The preview video for the original skin set ends with a mysterious, unidentified figure punching the screen with the three agents on it, knocking down a picture of a little girl. This turns out to have been Blaze, setting up the sequel for next year.
- Motif wise, Viper resembles both Cobra from G.I. Joe and the Brotherhood of Nod from Command and Conquer. Their troopers resemble those used by Talon in Overwatch.
- The morse code during the end of the "Join the Resistance" trailer is "••• - •- -•-- •- •-- •••• •• •-•• • •- -• -•• •-•• •• ••• - • -•" which translates to "Stay A While And Listen".