Editing Hero Talents[edit source]
Hey, could you maybe take a look at some questions regarding wiki editing on reddit? You seem to be most qualified, judging by amount of recent edits :)
The address is: HoTS wiki help with editing talents? – /r/NexusNewbies — AtlachNacha (talk) 14:09, 28 February 2017 (UTC)
- Hello Atlach,
- I saw your message in the Recent Changes section and decided to leave some feedback. I have responded to a similar question here: Heroes of the Storm Wiki: Discussion - Talent & Skill tables.
- Recently, I have created a JSON to Wiki editor. I have still not found the time to create the Wiki parser (to JSON). — Rmkane (talk) 16:06, 28 February 2017 (UTC)
- Hey, thank you very much! To be honest, I did it like you: I just looked at the history of some pages and figured it out... It is very user-unfriendly. I edited on WoWpedia like 10 years ago, so thats where I learned the basics... but I am still confused about the talent and data sections. Thats the reason why I only add stuff like Stuns and AoE... I would love to add the health of mercs and monsters, but I have no idea where to find the data... I also would like to do the abilities like on WoWpedia: Where you can hover with your mouse over it and read the description, but I havent figuered it out yet. --LemonBaby (talk) 20:45, 28 February 2017 (UTC)
Hero Talent Max Damage[edit source]
I was looking at an edit on here for Chen and noticed that you had started doing this:
- Fortifying Brew;D;File:Fortifying_Brew_Icon.png;Drink from your keg, gaining 40 Brew and 212 (+4% per level) temporary Shields per second, up to a maximum of 636 (+4% per level) while drinking. Shields persist for 2 seconds after you stop drinking.;5;;trait;False
Instead of this:
- Fortifying Brew;D;File:Fortifying_Brew_Icon.png;Drink from your keg, gaining 40 Brew and 465 (212 + 4% per level) temporary Shields per second, up to a maximum of 1394 (636 + 4% per level) while drinking. Shields persist for 2 seconds after you stop drinking.;5;;trait;False
I think someone else mentioned this last month. Remember, I created a Damage Calculator. Just set it to level 20 and input the base damage. The rounded value (in parenthesis) should be the damage displayed in game — at level 20.
- Thank you very much. However, I asked a couple of questions and nobody answered, so I am still holding to the official numbers. But I can repeat myself: How does anyone know, that those numbers are lvl 20 stats? Why do we only put the ability damage to lvl 20 but not AA or Health? Seems rondom. Why 20 and not 30? And are the official numbers based on lvl 1 or lvl 0? And why are we the only page doing that? And can we add tooltips for our abilities like on HeroesWikia or HeroesFire? And why are the data for the "champions" (why not Heroes?) hidden in some template? Templates are used for datas used on multiple pages. Those are only on one.... And can someone please update the main page? It still directs you to forts instead of structures....--LemonBaby (talk) 16:55, 26 March 2017 (UTC)
Those are the level 20 values. The calculator that I created has been used to match the values within the game (given the base damage and multiplier e.g. 4%). Level 20 is used because that is when players pick their final talent. The game usually does not progress long enough to reach level 30. They might be referred to champions because that might have been what they were originally called. Remember, this game was originally called Blizzard DOTA.
Also, the damage values, that are in the text descriptions that you are using, are the base values. These are damage values at level 0, but everyone starts out at level 1 in-game... So, there is already a 4% damage increase applied at the start of the game.
- I am not a native english speaker, so I will try to put my different concerns in new words:
- Lets focus on Brightwings Soothing Mist for this example. Official patch notes stated Soothing Mist (Trait) - Heal amount decreased from 120 to 115. Now icy-veins Ability Description is Brightwing heals nearby allied Heroes for 115 (+4% per level) every 4 seconds.. Heroes Patch Notes says: Brightwing heals nearby allied Heroes for 115 (+4% per level) every 4 seconds.. Heroes Wikia says "Brightwing heals nearby allied Heroes for 115 (+4% per level) every 4 seconds.". The first time I came around this page, I was like "Wow! Those numbers cant be right?! They are even in conflict with Blizzards official ability description numbers. ". Now I get the reasening behind it. But how could any new visitor or editor know that those are lvl 20 Numbers? It is literally nowhere stated. Why are we the only page doing that?
- We contradict ourself, since we dont apply the lvl 20 Numbers to Health and AA Damage. So knowing how much Brightwing heals doesnt give me anything if I dont know the health of the other Heroes at lvl 20. If you realy, realy want to go for the lvl 20 Numbers, you have to do it this way
- Can we add tooltips for our abilities like on HeroesWikia or HeroesFire?
- Templates are usually used for datas used on multiple pages. However, the Heroes Data is only used on one page. Why hide it in a Template for new editors? The current system scares away new editors.
- And can someone please update the main page? It still directs you to forts instead of structures....
- Is it possible to add a new section to the sidebar? Like "Navigation", "Partners", "Gamepedia",.... Maybe for better navigation, add a new one with "content" with "heroes", "battlegrounds", etc....?--LemonBaby (talk) 14:34, 26 April 2017 (UTC)