Tomb of the Spider Queen
|Tomb of the Spider Queen|
|First Objective||0:30 minutes|
|Subsequent Objectives||0:15 minutes after all Webweavers die|
|Release Date||March 24, 2015|
Tomb of the Spider Queen is a three-lane indoor battleground set in the realm of Luxoria. The Spider Queen Neithis demands gems, which drop off of dead enemy spider minions or heroes. If a team collects enough gems, Webweavers will be summoned which will then walk down the lane besieging buildings and enemies until they are killed.
It was confirmed to be a battleground during the Blizzcon 2014. It was released on March 24, 2015.
Background[edit | edit source]
- The long forgotten tombs of Luxoria have found a new master. Deep within their timeworn chambers, the Spider Queen Neithis stirs from her ancient slumber. Present her with the gems of power she seeks, and you may just escape with your lives."
Map layout[edit | edit source]
Areas of interest[edit | edit source]
- Mercenary camps - there are four mercenary camps to be recruited in this battleground:
Unique objective[edit | edit source]
The unique objective revolves around collecting enough gems and hand them in one of the two Spider Queen's altars to summon three Webweavers that will travel down each lane to siege the opposing team on three fronts. The Altars will activate 0:30 minutes into the match and respawn 0:15 minutes after all Webweavers died.
Collect Gems[edit | edit source]
- Enemy spider minions and enemy heroes drop gems when killed, with spider minions dropping one gem each and enemy heroes 3 each.
- Murky, The Lost Vikings, and Misha each drop 1 gem upon death.
- Unclaimed gems last for 8 seconds.
- Heroes can continue collecting gems until they hand in at the alter, however, if they get killed, their gems drop on the ground.
- Each hero can hold up to 100 gems. However, The Lost Vikings can hold up to 100 gems each Viking.
Turn in Gems[edit | edit source]
To hand in gems, a hero must channel on one of the two Spider Queen's altars for 6 seconds, during which he can be interrupted by taking damage or moving.
Webweavers[edit | edit source]
- Once a team hands in 50 gems in total, a wave of three Webweavers will be summoned after 15 seconds. When the Webweavers are spawned, they travel down each lane in a spirit form until they reach the first wave of enemy minions, at which point they will materialize.
- Webweavers lose 100 hit points per second they are alive, a value which is fixed regardless of game time. Thus, simply walking down a lane can significantly drain a Webweaver’s health, although later Webweavers have larger health pools and are thus more resistant to this effect.
- Webweavers have two spells, a Death Wave and the ability to summon two Cryptcrawlers.
- The Death Wave takes 4 seconds to channel and travels out 20m, dealing a large amount of damage on an 7 second cooldown that starts on cast completion. The minions are moderately strong and have a 20 second cooldown.
- The Webweavers will periodically summon a pair of melee warriors called Cryptcrawlers of their own to attack structures. If left unchecked, a Webweaver may end up with six of these warriors at their side.
- Each additional summoning requires handing in five additional gems then the previous one; thus, the second takes 55, the third 60, etc., up to a max of 80.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- An artifact can be found on a pedestal west of the boss. Clicking on it five times causes Harrison Jones to descend into the tomb and claim it. If a player does this, Harrison will circle the defeated team's core on his flying carpet at the end of the match.
- Mage Wars is a Brawl set on a modified version of Tomb of the Spider Queen.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Videos[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Tomb of the Spider Queen - Heroes of the Storm
- Tomb of the Spider Queen Changelog - Heroes Patch Notes
- Tomb of the Spider Queen Sound Files - Sounds of the Storm
|In Rotation_||Alterac Pass • Battlefield of Eternity • Blackheart's Bay • Braxis Holdout • Cursed Hollow • Dragon Shire • Garden of Terror • Hanamura Temple • Infernal Shrines • Sky Temple • Tomb of the Spider Queen • Towers of Doom • Volskaya Foundry • Warhead Junction|
|Custom Mode Only_||Haunted Mines • Lost Cavern|