Time Stop is an effect that pauses all of the unit's actions for a short duration of time. This includes movement, attacks, durations, cooldowns, unresolved dashes, channels, on-going buffs and debuffs - everything. Units caught in Time Stop can't be interacted with in any way, as they are untargetable by both allied and enemy Abilities. Once Time Stop ends the actions caught in mid-animation will resolve from the same state as they were before Time Stop. Time Stop can affect Invulnerable and Unstoppable heroes, but not heroes in Stasis.
- Chromie's ability, "Time Trap", places a trap that arms after 2 seconds. The first enemy hero to touch the trap is put in Time Stop for 2 seconds.
- Maiev's level 10 heroic ability, "Containment Disc", places an enemy hero hit in Time Stop for 4 seconds.
- Medivh's level 10 heroic ability, "Ley Line Seal", unleashes a wave of energy that places enemy heroes in Time Stop for 3 seconds.
- His level 20 talent, "Medivh Cheats!", increases "Ley Line Seal"'s Time Stop duration to 4 seconds.
- Zeratul's level 10 heroic ability, "Void Prison", places a sphere that puts any allies and enemies inside it (besides Zeratul himself) in Time Stop. The sphere lasts for 5 seconds.
- His level 20 talent, "Gift of the Xel'Naga", makes allies immune to the effects of "Void Prison".