|Price||625 / 7,000|
|Release Date||June 30, 2015|
The Butcher, the Flesh Carver, is a melee assassin hero from the Diablo universe. The Butcher is a sadistic creature that delights in the torture and pain of others. His insatiable hunger drives him to carve up his enemies and consume their fresh meat. Even those fighting alongside him shrink away in fear when he draws near. He is violence incarnate; he is brutality given shape.
The Butcher is an Assassin who gains power as the game goes on from collecting Meat.
Background[edit | edit source]
This section concerns content exclusive to Diablo universe.
There are many butcher demons within the Burning Hells, though they used to be solely under Diablo's command. The butchers are stitched together from the parts of other demons to combine their strengths, then given life through wicked magic.
Under the guise of searching for the king's missing son, Archbishop Lazarus led many of Tristram's citizens into the old cathedral. The archbishop lured them into a trap, and most of them were killed by the Butcher. The survivors were left with wounds that festered with disease, and even the town's healer found them almost impossible to treat. The Butcher was eventually slain by Prince Aidan and his allies.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
The Butcher is a melee Assassin who utilizes his trait to grow drastically in power as a match progresses. The early part of the match should consist of The Butcher trying to complete the quest portion of Fresh Meat as soon as possible. This increase in Attack Damage and Attack Speed provide a huge power spike to The Butcher. His Basic Attacks hit incredibly hard, providing him with very high sustained damage.
Strength[edit | edit source]
- Strong Late Game
- Extremely high Basic Attack Damage
- Can recover massive amounts of health with Butcher's Brand
- Strong duelist
- Ruthless Onslaught allows for easy engages and ganks
Weaknesses[edit | edit source]
- Extremely vulnerable to burst damage and crowd control, including Blinds
- Multiple ways for enemy Heroes to negate both of his Heroic abilities
- If he is unable to use Basic Attacks on on the target marked with Butcher's Brand, he will fall very quickly in team fights
- Losing Fresh Meat on death can make it difficult to recover
- Weak Early Game
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Talents[edit | edit source]
After a 3 second delay, fire explodes around The Butcher dealing 500 (+4% per level) damage to enemies.
Can be cast while using Ruthless Onslaught.
Throw a hitching post that attaches to the nearest enemy Hero after a 1 second delay. This deals 171 (+4% per level) damage and causes the enemy to be chained to the post and Silenced for 3 seconds.
- Cleave damage is dealt in Physical Damage in a circular area around the target.
- Cleaver benefits from the bonus damage from Fresh Meat.
Active: Activate to teleport to a nearby location.
Skins[edit | edit source]
|The Butcher Skins|
|Backstory: An unrelenting hacking echoed off the walls of the Cathedral and as Prince Aidan made his way through the depths, the sound only grew louder. There were no screams; just that dreadful sound... over and over.|
625 / 7,000
|Backstory: An executioner's hood hides their identity and discourages offended parties from seeking revenge. Of course, that won't be a problem for the Butcher.|
|Backstory: There are many Butchers within the Burning Hells, but only those who serve Duriel, the Lord of Pain, bolt plates of burning iron to their flesh.|
|Backstory: Abathur's newest creation was inspired by the tenacity of the hellish abominations he encountered in the Nexus. Its instructions were simple: Acquire fresh essence. Evolve.|
|Features: Themed abilities|
|Notes: This skin theme is part of a shared theme of other universes merging into StarCraft skins.|
Portraits[edit | edit source]
|The Butcher Portraits|
Diablo III Butcher
Stylized Iron Butcher
The Butcher Hero
The Butcher Mastery
Sprays[edit | edit source]
|The Butcher Sprays|
Emojis[edit | edit source]
Quotes[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Butcher first appeared in Diablo (December 1996). His Heroes of the Storm design reflects his appearance in Diablo III (May 2012).
- The Butcher was under consideration for inclusion as early as 2011.
- The Butcher was released on June 30th, 2015.
- The models shown at BlizzCons 2013 and 2014 depicted the Butcher's cleaver, sickle, hands, and apron as being covered with blood. In the live game, they are all clean.
- The Butcher only speaks a handful of words, like "fresh", "meat", "kill", and "slaughter".
- Even without his buffs, the Butcher has the highest auto-attack DPS of any hero in the game.
- The Butcher is voiced by Steven Blum. 
- When using the Butcherlisk skin, enemy Heroes and Minions will drop Biomass instead of Fresh Meat. (This is only a visual change and still functions the same as Fresh Meat)
Gallery[edit | edit source]
The Butcher fights Johanna.
The Butcher rides his battle beast.
The Butcher in the Eternal Conflict.
Videos[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- 2013-11-09, Heroes Skin Showcase - Heroes of the Storm - Blizzcon 2013. YouTube, accessed on 2013-12-01
- The Butcher Hero Week
- The Butcher Hero Page
- Deckard Cain, Diablo III
- The Butcher (quest), Diablo
- Butcher's Carver, Diablo III
- The Imprisoned Angel (quest), Diablo III
- 2011-10-23, BlizzCon 2011 - Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm and Blizzard DOTA - Art & Technology Panel (Full). YouTube, accessed on 2011-11-07
- HeroesNexus: Eternal Conflict Event
[edit | edit source]
- The Butcher Hero Week
- The Butcher - Heroes of the Storm
- The Butcher - Diablo Wiki
- The Butcher Balance Changelog - Heroes Patch Notes
- Butcher%20-%20Default.html Butcher Sound Files - Sounds of the Storm