The Terrain is an unpathable part of the battleground. Trees, rocks or cliffs are examples of such terrains. Heroes can also not see over terrain. After the destruction of a Fort or Keep, they still leave a rubble of unpathable terrain. Some abitities however, do Heroes allow to jump, see or fly over terrain.
Terrain Outlines are displayed on terrain when playing Diablo, Hanzo, Junkrat or Lúcio. This allows those Heroes a more accurate view of what can be used for jumps, Frag Launcher bounces and Wall Rides.
Pass over Terrain[edit | edit source]
- Anub'arak's Burrow Charge: Can pass under terrain.
- Auriel's Angelic Flight: Can fly a great distance over terrain.
- Garrosh's Into the Frey: Can throw an ally over terrain.
- Genji's Cyber Agility: Can jump over terrain.
- Hanzo's Natural Agility: Target unpathable terrain or a Structure to jump to the other side of it.
- Illidan's Talent Unbound: Allows Sweeping Strike to travel over walls and terrain.
- E.T.C.'s Talent Crowd Surfer: Allows Powerslide to travel over walls and terrain.
- Falstad's Barrel Roll: Can fly over terrain.
- Falstad's Flight: Instead of mounting, Falstad can fly a great distance over terrain.
- Medivh's Raven Form: While transformed into a raven, Medivh can see and fly over all terrain.
- Muradin's Dwarf Toss: Can jump over terrain.
- Yrel's Avenging Wrath: Can jump over terrain.
Terrain collision effects[edit | edit source]
- Auriel's Detainment Strike: Deals damage knocks Heroes back. If they collide with terrain, they are also stunned and take an additional damage.
- Diablo's Shadow Charge: Charge an enemy, knocking them back. If the enemy collides with terrain, they are stunned and take an additional damage.
- Stukov's Massive Shove: If it hits an enemy Hero, they are rapidly shoved until they collide with terrain, taking damage.
Terrain interaction effects[edit | edit source]
- Hanzo's Scatter Arrow: Scatter Arrow can collide with terrain and Structures, splitting into extra arrows.
- Junkrat's Frag Launcher: Grenades can ricochet off of terrain.
- Lúcio's Wall Ride: When moving alongside impassable terrain, Lucio can walk through other units, and his Movement Speed is increased.