The Terrain is an unpathable part of the battleground. Trees, rocks or cliffs are examples of such terrains. Heroes can also not see over terrain. After the destruction of a Fort or Keep, they still leave a rubble of unpathable terrain. Some abilities however, do Heroes allow to jump, see or fly over terrain.
Terrain Outlines are displayed on terrain when playing Diablo, Hanzo, Junkrat, Lúcio, or Qhira. This allows those Heroes a more accurate view of what can be used for jumps, Frag Launcher bounces and Wall Rides.
Pass over Terrain[edit | edit source]
Terrain collision effects[edit | edit source]
- Auriel's Detainment Strike: Deals damage knocks Heroes back. If they collide with terrain, they are also stunned and take an additional damage.
- Diablo's Shadow Charge: Charge an enemy, knocking them back. If the enemy collides with terrain, they are stunned and take an additional damage.
- Stukov's Massive Shove: If it hits an enemy Hero, they are rapidly shoved until they collide with terrain, taking damage.
Terrain interaction effects[edit | edit source]
- Hanzo's Natural Agility: Hanzo can jump over terrain.
- Hanzo's Scatter Arrow: Scatter Arrow can collide with terrain and Structures, splitting into extra arrows.
- Junkrat's Frag Launcher: Grenades can ricochet off of terrain.
- Lúcio's Wall Ride: When moving alongside impassable terrain, Lucio can walk through other units, and his Movement Speed is increased.
- Lúcio's Push Off: When moving alongside impassable terrain, Lucio can activate this to dash a short distance and slow enemies he passes through.
- Qhira's Grappling Hook: If the ability hits terrain, Qhira is pulled to it.
Terrain-creating effects[edit | edit source]
- Leoric's level 10 heroic Entomb creates three walls in a corridor shape in front of him for 4 seconds.
- Mei's level 10 heroic Ice Wall creates a wall in a target area for 2.5 seconds that traps enemies hit by it in Time Stop.
- Nazeebo's ability Zombie Wall summons a ring of zombies that act as terrain for 3 seconds. Zombies can be killed and displaced.
- Sgt. Hammer's level 4 talent Barricade adds an addition effect to her Concussive Blast ability, creating wall for 4 seconds.
- Sonya's level 20 talent Arreat Crater adds an additional effect to her Leap heroic, creating a ring of terrain around her area of impact for 5 seconds.
- Tassadar's ability Force Wall creates a wall at a target location for 2 seconds.