Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
- Tank heroes are formidable juggernauts that protect their team by absorbing attacks from theenemy and blocking their retreat.
Tank is a class of Hero in Heroes of the Storm. Tanks are designed by their role of wading into combat, absorbing attacks from enemy heroes and blocking their retreat. There are currently 12 Tank heroes.
Tanks Role[edit | edit source]
Tanks lead the charge into team fights. With high health pools, powerful crowd-control effects, and damage reduction capabilities, Tanks buy their teammates time to deliver their own fatal strikes against opponents.
In addition to damage mitigation and healing abilities that sustain them in fights, many Tanks also have roots, stuns, or pulls, which can disrupt opponents. To be as effective as possible, Tanks will need to be patient in the execution of these control-abilities. Because Tanks are often relied upon to initiate team fights, they'll want to be aware of the location of their teammates at all times. Tanks who charge in too early may lack the back-up they rely on to survive a fight. Conversely, engaging too late may give opponents a window to annihilate squishy allies, like Assassins and Healers.
Team compositions with smaller health pools but consistent damage output will typically benefit from a 'peel' playstyle, meaning that Tanks will need to attract attention away from their backline assassin and healer allies. Alternatively, compositions that prefer to dive aggressively will need their Tank to charge in with the team and remain there until the targets are subdued, the objective has been captured, or the team needs to retreat.
Tip[edit | edit source]
- Seize opportunities to shut down your opponent's powerful channeled abilities with a well-timed stun or similar crowd control effect; some Heroic abilities, like Valla's Strafe and Nazeebo's Ravenous Spirit, can be interrupted.
- As a front-liner for your team, be on the lookout for objectives and remember that your presence will be needed should a team fight erupt at the corresponding location.
- Scouting is key! Use your high health and survivability to lead the way through potentially dangerous areas, and proactively check bushes to find opponents who may be lying in wait.
- Always know where your backliners are. Be sure not to abandon your team, and do your best to disrupt and distract enemies who are attacking your squishier allies.
List of Tank heroes[edit | edit source]
|Warcraft||A Tank who specializes against Mages.|
|Warcraft||A Tank who is proficient against melee Physical Attackers, slowing them.|
|StarCraft||Blaze is a ranged Tank who specializes in initiating fights and dealing area damage by spreading his flames|
|Warcraft||Head 1 of a 2 Headed Hero, Cho controls the Body of Cho'gall|
|Diablo||A risky Tank who can devastate an enemy team with his "all-in" combo potential.|
|Warcraft||A Tank who supplies his team with a good bit of utility.|
|Warcraft||A frontline Tank that enters the fray, trying to isolate a single opponent for elimination.|
|Diablo||A Tank who shines against Physical Attackers and can effectively clear groups of minions.|
|Warcraft||A self-sustaining Tank that peels for allies and disrupts enemies.|
|Warcraft||A sturdy Tank that can do well in a multitude of situations.|
|Warcraft||A Tank who wants to isolate distant enemies away from their team.|
|Diablo||A Tank who pairs well with allies that like to dive into the enemy team.|
References[edit | edit source]
|Current_||_ Bruiser • Healer • Melee Assassin • Ranged Assassin • Support • Tank|
|Removed_||_ Assassin • Multiclass • Specialist • Support • Warrior|
|Tank heroes_||Anub'arak • Arthas • Blaze • Cho • Diablo • E.T.C. • Garrosh • Johanna • Mal'Ganis • Muradin • Stitches • Tyrael|