Sandbox PTR Hero Data Pages[edit source]
Tassadar has an extensive rework already up on the test realm, as of January 17, 2017. I don't know how to link it and not have this post be blocked by the bot. Is there a way to put the information into a "clone" page so that when the changes are on live, the information is current at the same time on the wiki? I'm just thinking its more efficient to "pre-load" some of those extensive changes, rather than rush on the day it goes over to live.
- I would assume you can work off of your User: namespace, but the problem is that any data pages to be transcluded in hero template needs to exist in the Data: namespace. In most wikis, creating a temporary page is done in your User space. You can probably seek for guidance from an admin to see if we can have SNAPSHOT Data pages such as: Data:Sandbox/Champions/Tassadar and create User:Custerdawg/Tassadar which points to that data page instead of the traditional Data:Champions/Tassadar data page.
- In the meantime…
- I wrote a Hero Data JSON Editor which allows you to upload a JSON data file, edit it, and save it as JSON or Wiki text. I chose JSON because it is easy to work with and it is a very good option for data storage.
- You can work off of this Tassadar JSON file that I created. Just save it as is, and load it using the "Import" button at the bottom of the editor.
- When you are finished editing make sure you save it as JSON, so you have an edited/updated copy. You can export it to Wiki text when you want to preview it.
- I will expand this editor later and host it on my website at a later date.