|Price||750 / 10,000|
|Release Date||July 11, 2017|
Alexei Stukov, the Infested Admiral, is a melee support hero from the StarCraft universe. Alexei Stukov had a hard life, and an even harder death. He has been betrayed, shot into space, resurrected and infested, almost cured, and then experimented upon as the infestation returned. Now, his infestation spreads within the Nexus...
Background[edit | edit source]This section concerns content exclusive to the StarCraft universe.
In the 25th century of Earth's history, the United Earth Directorate Expeditionary Fleet was dispatched to reign in the Terran Colonies of the Koprulu Sector. Over time, these expatriate colonists that were once loyal had wavered in their allegiance, threatening the fabric of government which had been sewn across the galaxy. Of the formidable commanders tasked with this imperative endeavor, Vice Admiral Alexei Stukov was second in command.
During the violent campaign in that system, developments ensued that would eventually cast Stukov in a traitorous light to his superiors. Having been found to be in violation of a direct order to destroy the powerful Psi Disrupter, Stukov was subsequently executed for his disobedience. Unbeknownst to the UED at the time, their ranks had been infiltrated by a powerful shape-shifting alien entity that sought to sow confusion about the importance of Stukov's mission. After his death, Stukov's corpse was later recovered by the Zerg, who sought to infest human leaders and mutate them into leaders of their own colonies. As the first of their attempts to blend their genetics with that of humanity's, the once lifeless husk of Stukov was reanimated into something at once both more and less than human.
The infested Admiral known as Stukov has now entered the Nexus as a formidable melee support, ready to spread his healing pathogens and deadly disease across the battleground.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Talents[edit | edit source]
❢ Reward: After hitting 30 Heroes, reduce the cooldown of Weighted Pustule by an additional 2.5 seconds and remove its Mana cost.
❢ Quest: Detonate 10 Weighted Pustules without dying.
❢ Reward: Detonating a Weighted Pustule now applies its damage and Slow in an area.
❢ Reward: Increase Bio-Kill Switch's healing by 40%.
Swipe 3 times in front of Stukov over 1.75 seconds, dealing 50 damage to enemies hit and knocking them away. Each swipe is larger than the previous.
Extend Stukov's arm. If it hits an enemy Hero, they are rapidly shoved until they collide with terrain, taking 200 damage. Stukov gains 50 Armor while shoving an enemy.
- Detonation instantly removes Lurking Arm, even if affected by Lingering Spines talent.
Skins[edit | edit source]
| Stukov Skins|
|Backstory: Alexei Stukov had a hard life, and an even harder death. He has been betrayed, shot into space, resurrected and infested, almost cured, and then experimented upon as the infestation returned. Now, his infestation spreads within the Nexus...|
750 / 10,000
|Backstory: Decades ago, a mutiny forced the Admiral of the Three Anchors to walk the plank. On moonless nights, his form haunts Blackheart's Bay, calling itself "Krakenov" and demanding a lot of fish.|
|Features: Altered voice-over, themed abilities.|
|Notes: This skin theme is part of a shared theme of Mistharbour skins.|
Quotes[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Stukov made his debut in StarCraft: Brood War (November 1998)
- Stukov's Home Screen music is from StarCraft: Brood War, and it could be heard at the end of the Terran campaign, where a news report shows his funeral.
- Stukov is voiced by Cástulo Guerra in StarCraft: Brood War and StarCraft 64, and by Victor Brandt in StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm, StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void, and Heroes of the Storm.
- Blizzard hinted at a new StarCraft hero related to a failed research project at the Moebius Foundation. Stukov was confirmed the following day.
- Stukov's voice line when killing Dehaka references a Twitter poll.
- Stukov is the third StarCraft Support hero in the game, the first two being Tassadar and Lt. Morales.
- Stukov has a habit of calling Abathur "slug".
- Dictator Stukov is based on M. Bison from the Street Fighter series, who is sometimes referred to as "Dictator" due to having different names in different versions of the game. Stukov's "it was Tuesday" joke also makes a reference to the dialogue spoken by M. Bison in the Street Fighter film.
- Ghost Krakenov is based upon the undead pirate LeChuck from the Monkey Island series of games, with his colours matching his appearance in Monkey Island II: LeChuck's Revenge.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
General[edit | edit source]
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Sprays[edit | edit source]
Videos[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- BlizzHeroes. (2017, June 28). Initiate containment protocol 5-P0T immediately! …the Nexus has been contaminated…. Twitter. Retrieved on 2017-06-29.
- BlizzHeroes. (2017, June 29). Stukov is infesting the Nexus! Tune in to tomorrow's first HGC matches for his gameplay reveal and a dev interview.. Twitter. Retrieved on 2017-06-29.
- StarCraft. (2016, December 13). Stukov vs. Dehaka, who would win?. Twitter. Retrieved on 2017-07-04.
[edit | edit source]
- Stukov Hero Week
- Stukov - Heroes of the Storm
- Alexei Stukov - StarCraft Wiki
- Stukov Build Guide on Icy Veins
- Stukov Balance Changelog - Heroes Patch Notes