- Fight alongside (and against) the best of the best solo, or bring friends in a party of up to five players and storm the Nexus together.
Storm League is the Ranked Play game mode that allowes players queue up to play with (and against) other players similar skill who are going it solo looking for a challenge.
- Players must have 16 or more Heroes available and account level 50 or above to queue for Storm League
- Players will be prevented from queuing up in Storm League as a party together if their rank difference is more than 2 leagues apart
- There is a tooltip available to indicate this
- Exception: For players in a party of 5, any member outside the party’s League spread maximum will not be counted toward matchmaking requirements
- Exception: Players who have not yet placed are able to play with anyone
It may be tempting to jump straight into Storm League, but before you do that, you should learn about one more thing. How you pick your hero in a ranked game follows different rules from Quick Matches. Instead of just selecting your favorite hero and clicking "Ready", both teams go through a selection process called a Draft. Each side takes turns banning and picking Heroes until 10 Heroes (5 for each team) have been selected. Once the draft is complete, the match begins.
- Players can choose their preferred roles in the Ranked menu, so other team members can understand their play style
- The party size of enemies is not shown during the match loading screen
- Players can see party members’ win count under their rank badges on the Storm League queue screen
- Hero League and Team League have been merged into Storm League. The starting MMR in Storm League was taken from a player’s last highest MMR from Hero League or Team League, whichever is higher.