Statistics are the numerical measurement of the Abilities of Heroes. All Heroes have the same statistics which are earned by levelling up by gaining Experience, as well as selecting Talents. Some Abilities can also grant temporary bonus statistics.
Basic Attacks (also called AA - Auto Attack) are the attacks that the hero will perform after clicking Right Mouse Button on the target. Attack stats improve a Hero's Basic Attack and determines how strong it is. Some Assassin and Specialist Heroes benefit greatly from increases to their attack stats.
- Attack damage - the amount of damage a Hero does when they attack an enemy with their Basic Attack.
- Attack Range - the range at which a Hero can use their Basic Attack.
- Attack speed - the speed at which a Hero can use their Basic Attack, in attacks per seconds.
- Attack DPS - damage per second using Basic Attacks. Calculated as Attack Damage x Attack Speed.
Every Hero has their own diverse kit abilities. Ability stats improve a Hero's abilities and allow them to use them more effectively. Support, Specialist, and some Assassin Heroes benefit greatly from increases to their ability stats.
- Resources - Most heroes have a resource that limits how frequently they can use abilities (in addition to individual cooldowns). A hero cannot use an ability without having the required amount of his or her resource.
- Spell Power - the amount that a hero's Ability Damage is increased by, in percentage of the base damage.
- Cooldown - time needed before the Ability can be used again.
Defense[edit | edit source]
Defense stats improve a Hero's ability to take damage. Warrior Heroes benefit greatly from increases to their defense stats.
- Health - the maximum number of Hit Points a Hero has.
- Health regen - the rate at which a Hero regenerates Hit Points passively, in Hit Points per second.
- Healing - Healing is a game mechanic to restore a unit's health.
- Lifesteal - Lifesteal is a form of self-healing derived from damaging the enemy.
- Shields - Shields are a bonus layer of defense a hero has on top of their Health.
- Armor - Armor is a numerical representation of a given Hero's ability to mitigate damage. Each point of Armor is equal to a 1% reduction in damage.
Utility[edit | edit source]
Utility stats improve Heroes in all other ways.
- Movement speed - the speed that a Hero moves at.
Status Effects[edit | edit source]
Status effects are conditions that affect targets for a certain period of time. The effects are inflicted usually by an ability.
Buff[edit | edit source]
A Buff is a general term that refers to any positive effect with a duration. Effects that improve one's damage output, prevent damage, or increase movement speed are examples of buffs. The inverse is called a debuff.
List of Buffs[edit | edit source]
|Evade||Evade is an buff effect that Basic attacks from heroes and targeted effects from non-heroic sources don't hit.|
|Invulnerable||Invulnerable is a buff effect that nullifying all damage taken and most Crowd control effects.|
|Protected||Protected is a buff effect preventing the hero from taking damage.|
|Stasis||Stasis is an effect that makes the target immune to damage and untargetable while unable to do anything for a short duration of time.|
|Stealth||Stealth is a hero ability that makes the hero nearly invisible, hidden on the minimap and untargetable by direct abilities and Basic Attacks.|
|Unkillable||Unkillable is a buff effect that means the target will receive damage like normal, but the target will not go under 1 HP, becoming unkillable for the duration of the buff.|
|Unstoppable||Unstoppable is a buff makes the affected Hero immune to most forms of crowd control (like silences and stuns).|
|Untargetable||Untargetable is a type of status effect that prevents the unit from being affected by basic attacks or abilities that involve selections, and skillshots will pass through an untargetable unit.|
Debuff[edit | edit source]
A Debuff is a general term that refers to any negative effect with a duration and/or an area of effect. Damage over time, reveal and crowd control effects, such as root and stun are all examples of debuffs. The inverse is called a buff.
List of Debuffs[edit | edit source]
|Blinded||Blinded is a debuff that causes you to miss your Basic Attacks for a set period of time.|
|Damage over Time||Damage over Time (short: DoT) is a debuff that causes the affected unit to constantly take damage until the effect expires.|
|Displacement||A Displacement (also called daze) effect is a debuff effect that pushes enemies in a direction.|
|Feared||Forces a player to move away from a point for a period of time.|
|Mindcontrol||Mind Control is a debuff effect that gives control of a player's movement to their enemy, Silences them and prevents them from doing anything else for a period of time.|
|Polymorphed||Polymorph is a debuff that makes the player unable to attack and Silences them for a period of time.|
|Revealed||Revealed is a debuff that allows players to see enemy heroes, even if the target is out of sight, cloaked, within or behind a bush.|
|Rooted||A Root is a debuff that causes the affected unit to be unable to move or use any movement abilities.|
|Silenced||Silence is a debuff that makes the player unable to use any skill.|
|Sleep||Sleep is a debuff effect that makes the target unable to do anything for a short duration of time. It acts the very similar way to Stun but ends with the first damage taken after 0.5 seconds.|
|Slow||A unit that is Slowed has reduced Movement Speed for the duration.|
|Time Stopped||Time Stop is an effect that makes the target Invulnerable while unable to do anything for a short duration of time.|
|Stunned||Stuns are a debuff effect that makes the target unable to do anything for a short duration of time.|
|Taunted||Taunt is a debuff effect that Silences an enemy hero and forces them to attack the source for a period of time, preventing from doing anything else.|