Spell Shield is a generic Talent that grants a nice chunk of spell armor for a short duration upon being hit. It can be toggled on the hotbar so you can choose when it will protect you, but it cannot be toggled while on cooldown. It is a nice defensive option if you are up against a team with high amounts of ability damage because it can halve the damage you take, being particularly effective against heroes like Zeratul or Nova. It varies from Block in that it lasts for a duration rather than blocking specific instances of damage.
Heroes with Follow Through[edit | edit source]
Base version[edit | edit source]
Modified version[edit | edit source]
- Anub'arak's level 1 "Nerubian Armor", every 12 seconds gain 30 spell armor against the next ability for 1.5 seconds.
- Artanis's level 13 "Phase Bulwark", Shield Overload grants 50 spell armor for 4 seconds.
- Diablo's level 1 "Soul Shield", activate to gain 25 (plus 50% of Diablo's current Souls) Spell Shield for 4 seconds. 45s cooldown.
- Dehaka's level 1 "Enduring Swarm", Dark Swarm grants 40 spell armor (lasts 3.5 seconds).
- Gul'dan's level 13 "Fel Armor", Fel Flame grants 40 spell armor for 2.5 seconds upon hitting a hero.
- Illidan's level 13 "Sixth Sense", Evasion grants 75 spell armor against the next 2 instances of spell damage.
- Li-Ming's level 1 "Force Armor", Magic Missile hits grant a charge of 50 spell armor against the next instance of spell damage, 4 max. Can only gain 1 charge per cast.
- Lunara's level 13, "Greater Spell Shield", every 30 seconds gain 75 spell armor against the next ability for 1.5 seconds.
- Malthael's level 13 "Shroud of Wisdom", activate to gain 50 spell armor for 4 seconds after 2 seconds. 30s cooldown.
- Nazeebo's level 13 "Superstition", gain 40 spell armor that is lost for 3 seconds upon being hit by a heroic basic attack.
- Probius' level 4 "Photon Barrier", Photon Cannons grant 30 spell armor as long as they live.
- Samuro's level 4 "Mirage", Mirror Image grants Samuro and his images 40 spell armor against the next 2 instances of spell damage.
- Stitches' level 1 "Dampen Magic", every 8 seconds gain 50 spell armor against the next ability for 1.5 seconds.
- Thrall's level 13 "Spirit Shield", gain 50 spell armor against the next ability for 1.5 seconds, cooldown is reduced by 10 seconds upon triggering Frostwolf Resilience. 45s cooldown.
- Tychus's level 13 "Neosteel Coating", activate to gain 75 spell armor for 3 seconds. 30s cooldown.
- Valla's level 13 "Gloom", passively gain 20 spell armor, activate to consume all Hatred gaining 3 spell armor for each stack consumed for 5 seconds. 5s cooldown.
- Zarya's level 13 "Spell Barrier", upon expiration Personal Barrier grants 75 spell armor for 3 seconds.
Removed[edit | edit source]
These heroes no longer have Spell Shield as a talent option.