|The subject of this article has been removed from Heroes of the Storm.
• This includes skins that can no longer be obtained or are now deprecated.
- "Rulers breakers and masters of unconvetional warfare."
Specialist heroes do various things that aren't covered by other roles. Specialists can be siege heroes that do massive damage to enemy bases and towers, but some can have completely different effects on the flow of battles. With the Caldeum Complex event, this role was completely removed, with its Heroes being moved to other roles.
Specialists Role[edit | edit source]
Specialists are usually the "wild card" factor for the team, as they tend to have very unique, untraditional styles of gameplay. Specialist heroes can have a sharp learning curve, as they often approach battles in a vastly different way than the other roles. A specialist can be a deadly team-fighter, a diehard split-pusher, or a hybrid of the two.
As a Specialist, you'll want to identify what your goals are going into a match and adjust your playstyle accordingly. For example, Abathur can be played almost exclusively as a lane pusher, focusing on empowering his Locusts, and taking down enemy structures. Conversely, he can focus on employing his Symbiote ability; “hatting” his allies to assist them during battle.
It is this flexibility that defines Specialists, allowing them to thrive and bring their own flavor (a fishy flavor... in Murky’s case) to the fight. As always, remember that communication is key to victory! Be sure to give your teammates a heads-up about your plans if you're looking to split-push, and be willing to assist with team fights and objectives if your allies need help.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Learn your Specialists, and play to their strengths! Sylvanas' ability to shut down structures makes her an attractive choice to push lanes – but she’ll be a much greater asset if she has assistance during those pushes. Azmodan, on the other hand, is a great choice for soloing a lane.
- When split-pushing, you're certain to draw attention to yourself, so don't push too far out, or you might find yourself getting ganked!
- Upon seeing an allied Abathur for the first time, some new players assume he is sitting in base doing nothing. This is not the case! Abathur does not want to get up-close-and-personal with opponents. Instead, he uses long-range abilities to assist allies from afar and control the battlefield. Try Abathur yourself to learn much more about this oft-misunderstood space slug.
List of original specialist heroes[edit | edit source]
|StarCraft||A unique Hero that can manipulate the battle from anywhere on the map.|
|Diablo||A Summoner that can also deal high damage from far away.|
|Warcraft||A Summoner that specializes in controlling key areas of the battleground.|
|Warcraft||A Support who can negate burst damage and allow his allies to teleport.|
|Warcraft||Not quite a full Hero, Murky can place an Egg to respawn quickly back into battle.|
|Diablo||A sustained damage Mage who gains power when killing enemy minions.|
|StarCraft||A high damage Summoner that must stay near Pylons to be effective.|
|StarCraft||A long-range, Physical Damage dealer that needs protection from allies.|
|Warcraft||An Assassin who can shut down enemy Forts and Keeps.|
|The Lost Vikings||Three Heroes in one! Can gather exprience from multiple locations.|
|Diablo||A Summoner who can push multiple lanes with ease.|
|StarCraft||A Summoner who provides lots of vision of the battleground.|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- In Blizzard DOTA, this role was called "siege".
References[edit | edit source]
|Current_||_ Bruiser • Healer • Melee Assassin • Ranged Assassin • Support • Tank|
|Removed_||_ Assassin • Multiclass • Specialist • Support • Warrior|
|Former Specialist heroes_||Abathur • Azmodan • Gazlowe • Medivh • Murky • Nazeebo • Probius • Sgt. Hammer • Sylvanas • The Lost Vikings • Xul • Zagara|