|Release Date||October 18, 2016|
Samuro, the Blademaster, is a melee assassin hero from the Warcraft universe. Samuro, the last remaining blademaster to wear the banner of the Burning Blade, is on a warrior's pilgrimage in search of vengeance and redemption for his fallen clan. It will be a long journey, but he has sworn an oath to restore his clan's honor.
Background[edit | edit source]This section concerns content exclusive to the Warcraft universe.
Samuro once lived in a village with his brethren. Unfortunately for him, a bloodthirsty Wildkin known as Bloodbeak destroyed his village. With vengeance in mind, Samuro hunted Bloodbeak until he finally met with success. Bloodbeak was slain, and Samuro could pay attention to his newly assigned task of sabotaging a Kul Tiras base camp near the coast.
Samuro was successful in this as well by using stealth to place demolition charges near vital structures of the Kul Tiras base (likely Tiragarde Keep in World of Warcraft). With his mission accomplished, Rexxar, Rokhan, and Chen Stormstout could continue with a mission of their own, and Samuro was free to continue as he wished.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Talents[edit | edit source]
❢ Reward: After hitting 40 Heroes, gain an additional 20 Attack Damage.
❢ Reward: After hitting 20 Heroes, Wind Walk's Unrevealable duration is increased to 2.5 seconds.
Become an Unstoppable whirlwind of death, dealing 235 (+4% per level) damage per second to nearby enemies for 4 seconds.
Switch places with the target Mirror Image, removing most negative effects from Samuro and the target Mirror Image.
Passive: You can control Mirror Images separately or as a group, and they deal an additional 10% of your damage.
Skins[edit | edit source]
| Samuro Skins|
|Backstory: Samuro, the last remaining blademaster to wear the banner of the Burning Blade, is on a warrior's pilgrimage in search of vengeance and redemption for his fallen clan. It will be a long journey, but he has sworn an oath to restore his clan's honor.|
750 / 10,000
|Backstory: There are no clans in the New Horde, but Samuro will not abandon the Burning Blade. Adorned in his family's ancestral armor, he will fight under both banners until his clan's honor is restored.|
|Backstory: The Blackrock chieftain is dead and the Doomhammer has been stolen. Samuro may have failed to protect his master, but he has sworn to exact vengeance upon the Warlord of the Ashwolf clan.|
|Notes: This skin theme is part of a shared theme of Warcraft alternative shared history skins.|
|Backstory: The Legend of the Monkey King has spread wide, across both earthly and heavenly realms alike. It is no wonder his incredible fighting spirit was drawn to the conflicted lands of the Nexus.|
|Features: Themed abilities, replaced voice-over, themed animations.|
|Notes: This skin theme is part of a shared theme of holiday skins.|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Samuro was one of the names given to blademaster heroes in Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos (2002). He also appeared during the Horde campaign in Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne (2003).
- Samuro is voiced by veteran Blizzard artist Samwise Didier.
- In earlier builds of the game, Samuro was known as Za'Muro and his design had StarCraft influences.
- Samuro is one of five orcish heoroes in the game, the others being Thrall, Rehgar, Gul'dan, and Garrosh.
- He is also the third orcish assassin hero.
- One on the arcade machines on Braxis Holdout has the title "Samuro Shodown" (a reference to the 1993 game Samurai Shodown). When clicked, two holographic blademasters start dueling each other.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
General[edit | edit source]
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Pre-release[edit | edit source]
Samuro and Zul'jin try to take a mercenary camp
The Blizzard DOTA models of Samuro and various other heroes
The updated (but untextured) model of Samuro standing beside Thrall shown at BlizzCon 2014
Videos[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Samuro Hero Week
- Samuro - Heroes of the Storm
- Samuro - Wowpedia
- Samuro Build Guide on Icy Veins
- Samuro Balance Changelog - Heroes Patch Notes
- Samuro Sound Files - Sounds of the Storm