We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
|Title||Champion of the Horde|
|Price||500 / 4,000|
|Release Date||September 8, 2015|
Rexxar, Champion of the Horde, is a ranged warrior hero from the Warcraft universe. Out in the wild, there is only the law of the jungle; survival depends on having a pack, on looking out for one another. Together with his loyal animal companions, the bear Misha and Spirit the hawk, he prowls the Nexus, always looking for the next challenge. The strength of the bear, the hawk's swiftness, and the hunter's cunning make them a formidable (and inseparable) team.
Background[edit | edit source]This section concerns content exclusive to the Warcraft universe.
One of the greatest heroes of the Horde was the fruit of an unusual union between orc and ogre. Raised by the Mok'nathal clan on Draenor, Rexxar's massive size and strength made him invaluable during the Horde invasion of Azeroth during the First War, despite his mixed heritage. Yet bloodshed and backstabbing from within his faction (coupled with the death of his companion wolf Haratha at the hands of an orc warlock) eventually diminished Rexxar's will to fight for the Horde, and he left to wander alone. Rexxar disappeared in Azeroth with new companions, including the bear Misha; now, he trusted the wilderness more than the "civilized" world.
During the Third War, while traveling through Kalimdor's Barrens, Rexxar stumbled upon Mogrin, an orc warrior defeated by quilboar, and agreed to take a message to the new warchief of the Horde. Journeying to the recently built city of Orgrimmar, Rexxar met the young warchief Thrall, who schooled him in the attitudes of a reformed Horde. Impressed by what he saw, Rexxar decided to fight alongside the troll scout Rokhan and the pandaren traveler Chen Stormstout to keep Orgrimmar safe from the attacks of Grand Admiral Daelin Proudmoore. Daelin ignored the pleas of his daughter Jaina and attacked the Horde, believing them to be untrustworthy monsters. Rexxar led a counterattack, which led to the death of the grand admiral. With Orgrimmar established, the newly-titled Champion of the Horde returned to his homeland in Outland, the remnants of the world of Draenor. Rexxar remains ever ready to serve the new Horde – his true people – once again.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Talents[edit | edit source]
❢ Reward: After gathering 20 Globes, Rexxar and Misha gain 10 Armor.
Heroes and Summons that attack you or Misha have their Attack Speed slowed by 20% for 2.5 seconds. Activate to slow the Attack Speed by 50% and Movement Speed by 20% of nearby Heroes and Summons near Rexxar and Misha for 2.5 seconds.
Fake your death, becoming Invulnerable and untargetable for 5 seconds. During this time you control Misha.
You and Misha take 75% less damage for 4 seconds.
Skins[edit | edit source]
| Rexxar Skins|
|Backstory: It was a strange twist of fate that led the wandering half-ogre Rexxar to the fledgling city of Orgrimmar. With his aid, Thrall and the Horde were able to secure their homeland and defend it from the invading forces of Lord Admiral Daelin Proudmoore.|
500 / 4,000
Champion of the Horde
|Backstory: A beastmaster is at one with the wilds. When they kill, they ensure every part of the animal is made use of.|
|Backstory: When the Crystal Citadel fell, the Frostlords were scattered and never heard from again. Legend holds that some still wander the frozen tundras of the north, ever searching for a new home.|
|Features: Themed abilities.|
|Backstory: The terrans are descended from Earth's exiled prisoners, mutants, and degenerates. Some, like the military ursine-handler Cpl. Rex Arkk, are more genetically aberrant than others.|
|Features: Altered voice-over, themed abilities.|
|Notes: This skin theme is part of a shared theme of other universes merging into StarCraft skins.|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Rexxar first appeared in Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne (2003).
- His book debut was nearly three years later, in Cycle of Hatred (January 2006).
- Rexxar is voiced by Steven Blum in Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne and Heroes of the Storm, and Matthew Mercer in Hearthstone, World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor, and World of Warcraft: Legion.
- Rexxar was previewed at Gamescom 2015.
- Rexxar was the first ranged warrior hero.
- Rexxar's ability Mend Pet is the only basic ability in the game that is not affected by any talent of the hero.
- If Rexxar kills Jaina he will say "that's two Proudmoores down", referring to how he killed her father, Grand Admiral Daelin Proudmoore.
- Rexxar says his mask isn't supposed to be a bat, but a wolf ("and a dark one at that"). This refers to how his design was inspired by Darkwolf, a character from the 1983 Ralph Bakshi film Fire and Ice.
- Rexxar had a wolf companion named Haratha, but she was killed near the end of the Second War.
- Fortunately, players can still find Haratha in World of Warcraft: Warlord's of Draenor.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Artwork[edit | edit source]
Rexxar's arena team.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
Rexxar fighting over one of the Infernal Shrines.
Rexxar heals Misha with Mend Pet, and attacks Stitches with Spirit Swoop.
Rexxar orders Misha to charge Kerrigan.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Prerelease[edit | edit source]
The Blizzard DOTA models of Rexxar and various other heroes.
Videos[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- 2013-11-09, Heroes Skin Showcase - Heroes of the Storm - Blizzcon 2013. YouTube, accessed on 2013-12-01
- 8/5/2015, Battle.net: New Heroes Storm the Nexus at gamescom
- 8/5/2015, HeroesNexus: Gamescom Info
[edit | edit source]
- Rexxar Hero Week
- Rexxar - Heroes of the Storm
- Rexxar - Wowpedia
- Rexxar Build Guide on Icy Veins
- Rexxar Balance Changelog - Heroes Patch Notes
- Rexxar Sound Files - Sounds of the Storm