Nexus Anomalies are periodic changes meant to improve the game and/or to make the game more interesting to play. When a Season starts, Blizzard releases a new Nexus Anomaly that directly affect all game modes in Heroes of the Storm. These Anomaly will last the entire season (once every three months), allowing the developers time to receive feedback on them. Depending on this evaluation, some of them may become permanent additions to the game, while others may just be a limited time event.
List of Nexus anomalies[edit | edit source]
- Experience Globes (introduced December 2019)
- A Call For Help (introduced April 2020)
- Climate Phenomena (introduced June 2020)
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The developers have a list of about 20 Nexus Anomalies that they want to bring to the game.
- One of the Anomalies developers have tested internally revolves around bringing back Tower Ammunition, but even after speeding things up, it took too much time for Towers to reload, which felt generally bad for the game, so they decided to scrap it.
- Another Nexus Anomaly they tried was turning wizard minions into sappers which is something the community's asked for.
- Another Nexus Anomaly they tried was decreasing the Heroes Death Timer and making it unaffected by the game time. However, each time that Hero get killed the Death Timer increases.