Gamepedia was upgraded to MediaWiki version 1.31 on Wednesday November 14th. To learn more about the upgrade and its effects click here.
|Title||Lord of Hatred|
|Price||750 / 10,000|
|Release Date||September 4, 2018|
Dul'Mephistos, the Lord of Hatred, is a ranged Assassin hero from the Diablo franchise. He is said to the be most cunning among his brethren. Even while imprisoned in a soulstone, his vile influence corrupted the Zakarum and manipulated them into breaking the seal, giving him free reign to reunite the Prime Evils and enslave humanity. Now he enters the Nexus where all shall kneel before the Lord of Hatred!
Background[edit | edit source]
This section concerns content exclusive to Diablo universe.
Born from the seven heads of Tathamet, Mephisto is one of Three Prime Evils, alongside his younger brothers Baal and Diablo. He was known as the greatest tactician and most cunning of the seven Great Evils, unifying the Burning Hells as its true leader and manipulating both demon and mortal alike. Mephisto and his siblings waged a war against the Heavenly Host of the High Heavens that would last for all eternity until the Worldstone, the goal of their conflict, mysteriously disappeared and put the war on halt. In truth, the Worldstone was stolen by his renegade daughter, Lilith, and her lover angel, Inarius, to create the world of Sanctuary. Together with a group of like-minded renegade demons and angels who grew tired of the conflict, they fled the war and made Sanctuary their new home. The renegades mated and their offspring, unions of both demon and angel, would later become known as the nephalem. Terrified of their powers, Inarius used the Worldstone to weaken the nephalem with each generation. Their descendants eventually would turn into the mortal race of humans.
Thousands of years later, Mephisto learned of Sanctuary after humans summoned demons from the Burning Hells to Sanctuary, to learn their powers and use the demons to conquer the world. Sensing their partial demonic heritage, Mephisto planned to enslave the human race and use them as an army to tip the scales against the High Heavens in the Eternal Conflict. To achieve this, Mephisto created the cult of the Triune, masquerading himself as the benevolent Spirit of Love, Mephis, with Diablo being the Spirit of Determination, Dialon, and Baal being the Spirit of Creation, Bala. During the Sin War, the nephalem, Uldyssian and his fellow Edyrem, brought down the cult and its leaders, Mephisto's children, Lilith and Lucion. At the end of the Sin War, Sanctuary was discovered by the High Heavens, and Uldyssian sacrificed himself to prevent Sanctuary's destruction and removed the powers of the nephalem. Mephisto then met with the Angiris Council to sign an agreement, swearing that Sanctuary would stay neutral ground and to let humanity decide their own fate without any interference from either side. Shortly after, a truce between the High Heavens and the Burning Hells was reached.
Of course Mephisto never intended to uphold the agreement and kept working on his plan to invade Sanctuary and sway humanity to the Burning Hells' side. The Lesser Evils - Andariel, Duriel, Belial and Azmodan - who wanted to uphold the truce, however, grew sick and tired of Mephisto's schemes and led a rebellion that ended with the banishment of the Prime Evils to Sanctuary. As the Three Prime Evils appeared on Sanctuary, they were weak and roamed the world for forty years, spreading terror, destruction and hatred wherever they went. Eventually however, the Horadrim, a united order of mages created by Tyrael, hunted them down and imprisoned the Prime Evils within soulstones. Mephisto was the first to be captured and then taken to the city of Kurast, where the Zakarum church was entrusted with guarding him. However, this was part of Mephisto's plan. Within his prison, he worked to spread hatred and prejudice into the Zakarum faith, transforming the priesthood into his unwitting servants. Mephisto eventually sent Archbishop Lazarus to Khanduras to corrupt King Leoric and awaken Diablo, placing the pieces for all three brothers to return.
Freed from their prisons, the Dark Wanderer (possessed by Diablo) and Baal arrived at the temple of Zakarum and freed Mephisto from the soulstone. Diablo then returned to Hell to rally those still loyal to the Prime Evils, while Baal journeyed north to corrupt the Worldstone, to combine their forces into an army that would enslave all life on Sanctuary and burn the Heavens. Mephisto stayed at the temple, but was shortly after defeated by a group of mortals, amongst them Cassia and Xul, who were pursuing Diablo. Mephisto was returned to his prison, and his soulstone was then taken to the Hellforge, where it was destroyed, sending Mephisto's soul to the Black Abyss.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
Mephisto is a highly aggressive Mage who deals incredible sustained damage by reducing the cooldowns of his abilities when damaging enemies.
Strength[edit | edit source]
Weaknesses[edit | edit source]
- Low CC
- Burst Damage
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Talents[edit | edit source]
❢ Reward: After hitting 20 Heroes, increase Skull Missile's damage by 100.
❢ Reward: After hitting 40 Heroes, Skull Missile's cooldown is permanently reduced to 5 seconds.
- Damage from Furious Spark does not benefit from Lightning Nova's innate damage multiplier nor create stacks for it.
- Bonus damage from Furious Spark, Static Field, Aminosity and secondary nova from Mimic all contribute to shield amount gained.
- Gaining a shield from Static Barrier while already having one causes them to stack and refreshes the duration.
- Makes Regen Globe tick 8 times, healing Mephisto for 14.4% of his maximum health over its duration.
Channel for 2.5 seconds, revealing all enemy Heroes. After the Channel completes, all enemy Heroes take 357 damage and are Slowed by 25% for 2.5 seconds.
After 1 second, unleash a wave of evil spirits that Root the first enemy Hero hit for 2.5 seconds and deal 250 damage to them over the same duration.
Durance of Hate spreads outwards from its initial target, Rooting and damaging additional nearby enemy Heroes.
- Heroes hit by splashes apply cooldown reduction from Anger.
- Lightning Reaction can trigger multiple times on the same cast.
Activate to extend the duration of Lightning Nova by 2.5 seconds.
Passive: Basic Attacks while Lightning Nova is active cause an immediate pulse of Lightning Nova damage.
- Basic Attack-created pulses from Animosity do not benefit from Lightning Nova's innate damage multiplier nor create stacks for it.
- Basic Attack-created pulses count towards Furious Spark hits.
- Splash attacks from Shard of Hate do not trigger Animosity.
- The bonus damage amount is calculated before the main damage is dealt.
- Free cast does not require channeling.
- Shade's Lightning Nova benefits from all talents affecting it except Animosity's passive.
Activate to swap locations with Shade of Mephisto and refresh its duration.
Passive: Shade of Mephisto benefits from all of Mephisto's level 7 Talents.
Skins[edit | edit source]
|Backstory: Dul'Mephistos, the Lord of Hatred, is said to the be most cunning among his brethren. Even while imprisoned in a soulstone, his vile influence corrupted the Zakarum and manipulated them into breaking the seal, giving him free reign to reunite the Prime Evils and enslave humanity.|
750 / 10,000
Lord of Hatred
|Backstory: The Eternal Empire is built upon conquest and servitude, but not all planets submit easily. Upon the Star Lord's command, the legion of Star Wraiths descend upon rebellious worlds leaving only scarred husks in their wake.|
|Features: Altered voice-over, themed abilities.|
|Notes: This skin theme is part of a shared theme of Superheroes vs. Eternal Empire skins.|
Mounts[edit | edit source]
Portraits[edit | edit source]
Sprays[edit | edit source]
Emojis[edit | edit source]
Quotes[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Mephisto made his debut in Diablo II (June 2000).
- His book debut was eleven months later, in Legacy of Blood (May 2001).
- Mephisto is voiced by Paul Eiding in Diablo II and Heroes of the Storm.
- Mephisto is the seventeenth Diablo hero in the game.
- He is also the second Prime Evil hero in the game, the first being Diablo.
- One of Mephisto's Quotes says he is still in the host body of Sankekur. The design used for him, however, seems to reflect the design of his true from The Book of Cain.
- There were points in development where Mephisto could make enemy heroes hostile to each other.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
General[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Videos[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Mephisto - Heroes of the Storm
- Mephisto - Diablo Wiki
- In-Development: Mephisto and More! - Heroes of the Storm
- Mephisto Build Guide on Icy Veins
- Mephisto Balance Changelog - Heroes Patch Notes