"Let the games begin."
|Title||The Last Guardian|
|Price||750 / 10,000|
|Release Date||June 14, 2016|
Medivh, the Last Guardian, is a ranged specialist hero from the Warcraft universe. Under the influence of the demon lord Sargeras, Medivh opened the Dark Portal and unleashed the orcish Horde upon Azeroth. To atone for this sin, he rallied a new generation of heroes to stand against the Burning Legion during the Third War. In the Nexus, Medivh continues to lead his allies to greatness. Now, he takes his place amongst the legends.
Medivh is a strong utility hero, who can fly over the battlefield as a raven and aid his allies with his portals.
Background[edit | edit source]
This section concerns content exclusive to the Warcraft universe.
Magus or Magna Medivh was the last Guardian of Tirisfal, an ancient line of protectors bestowed with great powers to do battle with the agents of the Burning Legion. He was corrupted even before birth, and possessed by the spirit of the demonlord Sargeras who used Medivh in his plan to conquer Azeroth. Medivh contacted the orcish warlock, Gul'dan, and together they opened the Dark Portal, which allowed the Burning Legion to begin its destruction of Azeroth. He was slain shortly after by a party led by one of his friends, Lothar.
Shortly before the beginning of the Third War, Medivh returned as a mysterious prophet, manipulating events in order to arrange the formation of a last-ditch alliance between the mortal races on Kalimdor, guiding them to victory at the Battle of Mount Hyjal.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
Medivh is a ranged Specialist with an exceptional amount of utility, which makes him one of the most flexible and adaptable Heroes in the game. His Force of Will possesses incredible synergy with Warriors and melee Assassins, in particular, Portal can be used to execute deadly ganks or tricky escape manoeuvres. One of Medivh's greatest strengths is his ability to scout the battlefield with his Raven Form. Doing so gathers valuable information for his team, which allows them to always be one step ahead of their opponents. With all the utility Medivh provides, he also requires a lot of game knowledge and experience to unleash his full potential.
Strengths[edit | edit source]
- Powerful crowd control abilities
- Exceptional scouting capabilities
- Synergises extremely well with melee Assassins and Bruisers
- Superior utility
Weaknesses[edit | edit source]
- Relatively low damage output
- High skill curve
- Area of Effect and sustained damage
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Talents[edit | edit source]
- The familiar lasts for 5 seconds before expiring if no attack is made.
Active: Activate to greatly increase sight range for 5 seconds and reveal enemy Heroes in the area for 8 seconds. Does not cancel Raven Form.
Passive: Increase Medivh's sight range while in Raven Form by 25%.
Polymorph an enemy Hero, suppressing their attacks and Silecing them for 2 seconds. On expiration, Poly Bomb spreads to other nearby enemy Heroes.
After 0.5 seconds, unleash a wave of energy that places enemy Heroes in Time Stop for 3 seconds.
Active: Activate to instantly restore 200 Mana to all nearby allied Heroes and grant them 10% Ability Power for 10 seconds.
Active: Stealth an allied Hero for 20 seconds. Stores up to 2 charges.
Skins[edit | edit source]
|Backstory: Under the demon lord Sargeras's influence, Medivh opened the Dark Portal and unleashed the Horde upon Azeroth. To atone for this sin, he rallied a new generation of heroes to stand against the Burning Legion. Now, he takes this place amongst legends.|
750 / 10,000
The Last Guardian
|Backstory: The Prophets of Kharazania foresaw the Eternal Empire's invasion, but their warning came too late. Medivh, the last Knight Owl, has sworn to prevent the Earth from suffering a similar fate.|
|Features: Themed abilities.|
|Notes: This skin theme is part of a shared theme of Superheroes vs. Eternal Empire skins.|
|Backstory: For ages, Atiesh has been passed down from one Guardian of Tirisfal to the next. With the power of the Nexus, Medivh has attuned himself to the staff like none before him.|
Portraits[edit | edit source]
Knight Owl Medivh
Sprays[edit | edit source]
Emojis[edit | edit source]
Quotes[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Medivh first appeared in Warcraft: Orcs & Humans (November 1994).
- His book debut was seven years later, in The Last Guardian (December 2001).
- Medivh is voiced by Michael Bell in Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos, Heroes of the Storm, and World of Warcraft: Legion, and by singer/songwriter Cam Clarke in World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade and Hearthstone.
- Medivh was originally designed to be a support hero, with a healing over time effect and the ability to throw people into tornados. The developers changed his kit because he felt more like a druid than a mage.
- Medivh is the fourth Warcraft Specialist hero in the game.
- He is also the second mage specialist hero after Nazeebo.
- One of Medivh's gag quotes references Deckard Cain, a scholar and lorekeeper from the Diablo series.
- Medivh's Knight Owl skin may have been inspired by the Nite Owl character from Watchmen (September 1986).
- Medivh's staff, Atiesh, is what allows him to transform into a raven.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
General[edit | edit source]
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Videos[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- In Development: Chromie, Medivh, and more!
- Medivh Hero Week
- Medivh - Heroes of the Storm
- Medivh - Wowpedia
- Medivh Build Guide on Icy Veins
- Medivh Balance Changelog - Heroes Patch Notes
- Medivh Sound Files - Sounds of the Storm