We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
|Title||The Last Guardian|
|Price||750 / 10,000|
|Release Date||June 14, 2016|
Medivh, the Last Guardian, is a ranged specialist hero from the Warcraft universe. Under the influence of the demon lord Sargeras, Medivh opened the Dark Portal and unleashed the orcish Horde upon Azeroth. To atone for this sin, he rallied a new generation of heroes to stand against the Burning Legion during the Third War. In the Nexus, Medivh continues to lead his allies to greatness. Now, he takes his place amongst the legends.
Medivh is a strong utility hero, who can fly over the battlefield as a raven and aid his allies with his portals.
Background[edit | edit source]This section concerns content exclusive to the Warcraft universe.
Magus or Magna Medivh was the last Guardian of Tirisfal, an ancient line of protectors bestowed with great powers to do battle with the agents of the Burning Legion. He was corrupted even before birth, and possessed by the spirit of the demonlord Sargeras who used Medivh in his plan to conquer Azeroth. Medivh contacted the orcish warlock, Gul'dan, and together they opened the Dark Portal, which allowed the Burning Legion to begin its destruction of Azeroth. He was slain shortly after by a party led by one of his friends, Lothar.
Shortly before the beginning of the Third War, Medivh returned as a mysterious prophet, manipulating events in order to arrange the formation of a last-ditch alliance between the mortal races on Kalimdor, guiding them to victory at the Battle of Mount Hyjal.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Talents[edit | edit source]
❢ Reward: Permanently increases the damage dealt by 75 and cooldown reduction for hitting a Hero by 1 second.
Activate to instantly restore 200 Mana to all nearby allied Heroes and grant them 10% Ability Power for 10 seconds.
Stealth an allied Hero for 20 seconds. Stores up to 2 charges.
Skins[edit | edit source]
| Medivh Skins|
|Backstory: Under the demon lord Sargeras's influence, Medivh opened the Dark Portal and unleashed the Horde upon Azeroth. To atone for this sin, he rallied a new generation of heroes to stand against the Burning Legion. Now, he takes this place amongst legends.|
750 / 10,000
The Last Guardian
|Backstory: The Prophets of Kharazania foresaw the Eternal Empire's invasion, but their warning came too late. Medivh, the last Knight Owl, has sworn to prevent the Earth from suffering a similar fate.|
|Features: Themed abilities.|
|Notes: This skin theme is part of a shared theme of Superheroes vs. Eternal Empire skins.|
|Backstory: For ages, Atiesh has been passed down from one Guardian of Tirisfal to the next. With the power of the Nexus, Medivh has attuned himself to the staff like none before him.|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Medivh first appeared in Warcraft: Orcs & Humans (1994).
- His book debut was seven years later, in The Last Guardian (December 2001).
- Medivh is voiced by Michael Bell in Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos, Heroes of the Storm, and World of Warcraft: Legion, and by Cam Clarke in World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade and Hearthstone.
- In the Warcraft movie, Medivh is portrayed by Ben Foster.
- Medivh was originally designed to be a support hero, with a healing over time effect and the ability to throw people into tornados. The developers changed his kit because he felt more like a druid than a mage.
- One of Medivh's gag quotes references Deckard Cain, a scholar and lorekeeper from the Diablo series.
- Medivh's Knight Owl skin may have been inspired by the Nite Owl character from Watchmen.
- Medivh's staff, Atiesh, is what allows him to transform into a raven.
Balance Changelog[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
General[edit | edit source]
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Portraits[edit | edit source]
Videos[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- In Development: Chromie, Medivh, and more!
- Medivh Hero Week
- Medivh - Heroes of the Storm
- Medivh - Wowpedia
- Medivh Build Guide on Icy Veins
- Medivh Balance Changelog - Heroes Patch Notes
- Medivh Sound Files - Sounds of the Storm