We are currently performing an upgrade to our software. This upgrade will bring MediaWiki from version 1.31 to 1.33. While the upgrade is being performed on your wiki it will be in read-only mode. For more information check here.
Although all maps of Heroes of the Storm have the same overall goal of destroying the enemy Core, a specific and unique objective will help with the goal of destruction. Objectives can either be collecting doubloons to bribe a ghostly pirate or capturing tributes to curse enemies. Often, play on the map revolves around the prevalence of these objectives alongside the usual side objectives, and they are usually devastating in effect. Team fights are usually forced during those objectives as it is likely that you will meet the enemy team while going for the same objective. Because of enemy interference, most objectives are essentially impossible to complete alone so bring allies. With allies, not only can you ensure successfully completing the objective over the enemy but your team can also kill some of their players.
Concepts[edit | edit source]
Battleground objectives are central points of conflict, where teams create advantage and opportunity for themselves. Whether it’s the Raven Lord's Curse, which greatly weakens your opponents' minions and structures, or cannon fire from Captain Blackheart's ship, objectives shouldn't be disregarded.
The objectives are powerful assets that can help a winning team to bolster its lead, or offer a team that's trailing an opportunity to catch up. As they are so important to the course of battle in the Nexus, objective locations are typically where you'll find team fights happening. Make sure to listen for objective callouts from Battleground announcers, and keep an eye on your minimap to spot their locations.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Sometimes, it makes more sense to give up an objective if your team would be at a talent or player disadvantage during the fight. Instead, consider using this opportunity to gain some experience or capture camps uncontested.
- On Towers of Doom, the objective is essential for teams to bring down the enemy core, which cannot be assaulted otherwise.
Objectives by battleground[edit | edit source]
- Alterac Pass: Capture the enemy Prison Camp to summon your Cavalry.
- Battlefield of Eternity: Defeat the enemy Immortal. Once this is done, your team's Immortal will attack down a lane.
- Blackheart's Bay: Collect doubloons and turn in to Blackheart. He will then fire his cannons at enemy structures.
- Braxis Holdout: Controlling two beacons will fill your Holding Cell with Zerg. Zerg waves will attack enemy heroes near them.
- Cursed Hollow: Collect tributes to curse the enemies' minions and defensive structures.
- Dragon Shire: Control two shrines, and channel on the Dragon Altar to turn into the Dragon Knight.
- Garden of Terror: Collect Seeds to summon Garden Terrors
- Hanamura Temple: Escort a Payload to its final destination and deal damage to the opposing team's structures.
- Haunted Mines: Kill the Undead Army inside the mines and collect the Cursed Skulls to strengthen your Bone Golems.
- Infernal Shrines: Slay Skeletal Defenders before the enemy team to bring forth a mighty Punisher. The Punisher will attack enemy heroes near it.
- Sky Temple: Stand in the temple and it will fire lasers at the enemy's buildings.
- Tomb of the Spider Queen: Collect gems and turn them in to summon a wave of spiders to siege the opponent team.
- Towers of Doom: Activate the Altars to shoot directly into enemy's core.
- Volskaya Foundry: Fully capturing a Control Point grants you control of a giant mech, the Triglav Protector.
- Warhead Junction: Launch Nukes to devastate the enemy team's fortifications
References[edit | edit source]
- Core Concepts: Battleground Basics - Objectives. Battle.net. Retrieved on 2017-05-23.