Overview[edit | edit source]
Scaling[edit | edit source]
Heroes that use Mana start the game with 500 Mana at level 1 and gain 10 maximum Mana every level onwards. What this means is by level 20 mana users have a mana pool that is almost 40% larger and have over 60% more mana regeneration. Mana costs are constant, so as the game progresses mana becomes less and less of an issue. Some heroes can additionally increase their Mana cap through Talents.
Mana Regeneration[edit | edit source]
A hero's Mana restores over time based on their Mana Regeneneration. Mana regen is passive and continues even when a hero is disabled. Mana regen is measured in mana per second. Mana regen can be increased by some talents. Heroes that use mana, except for Gul'dan and Probius, start with 3 mana per second at level 1 and gain .0975 mana per second every level. There are also some abilities that can refund Mana if their requirement is fulfilled (e.g. Medivh's "Arcane Rift" refunds some of the Mana cost if it hits a hero).
Other Resources[edit | edit source]
Some heroes don't use Mana at all or use another resource similar to Mana. Heroes that do not use Mana include Abathur, Auriel, Chen, Cho'gall, D.Va, Fenix, Illidan, Junkrat, Lt. Morales, the Lost Vikings, Murky, Samuro, Sonya, Tracer, Valeera, and Zarya.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
Mana Affecting Abilities[edit | edit source]
- Malfurion's Trait Innervate restores Mana to a target ally while reducing their cooldown as well.
- His level 13 talent Revitalize causes it to affect himself restoring 50 mana.
- Gul'dan's Trait Life Tap drains health to restore mana with no cooldown.
- His level 4 talent Improved Life Tap increases the mana restored.
- Probius does not regenerate mana outside of his Pylon power field, in which he restores mana faster than he can spend it.
- Arthas' Trait Frostmourne Hungers restores mana on-hit.
- His level 1 talent Eternal Hunger increases the mana restores by 4 on hitting a hero up to 40.
- Gazlowe's Trait Salvager restores 30 mana for each piece of scrap collected.
- His level 1 talent Scrap-o-Matic Smelter increases the mana gained to 60.
- Nazeebo's Trait Voodoo Ritual causes enemies slain by his Trait to grant a permanent 1 mana.
- His level 4 talent Blood Ritual causes enemies slain by his Trait to restore 2% of his max mana.
- His level 4 talent Hexed Crawlers causes Corpse Spiders to restore 1% of his max mana whenever they attack.
- His level 4 talent Big Voodoo increases the mana gained by his Trait by 100%.
Mana Affecting Talents[edit | edit source]
- Blaze's level 1 talent Neural Stimpack restores 50 mana while reducing ability cooldowns as well.
- Chromie's level 1 quest talent Timewalker's Pursuit grants .1 mana regen for each globe collected up to 1.5 per second.
- Diablo's level 1 talent Devil's Due increases the mana regen of globes and Healing Fountains by 2% per soul.
- Falstad's level 1 talent Gathering Storm restores 10 mana for each Hero hit by Hammerang.
- Greymane's level 4 talent Insatiable causes Inner Beast to restore 10 mana for each basic attack.
- Jaina's level 1 quest talent Fingers of Frost grants .1 mana regen for each globe collected up to 2 per second.
- Her level 4 talent Arcane Intellect causes damage dealt to chilled targets to restore mana, 5 for basic attacks, 20 for abilities.
- Kael'thas's level 1 quest talent Mana Addict grants 15 max mana for each globe collected.
- His level 4 talent Mana Tap restores 4% of his max mana upon using Verdant Spheres.
- Kerrigan's level 16 active talent Overdrive increases her mana costs by 40% while active.
- Kharazim's level 1 Trait quest Insight restores mana every 3rd basic attack.
- His level 20 active talent Epiphany restores 33% of his max mana.
- Leoric's level 1 talent Fealty Unto Death causes minions that die nearby to restore 5 mana.
- Li-Ming's level 1 talent Astral Presence increases mana regen by 100% when below 25% mana.
- Her level 1 talent Power Hungry increases mana gained by globes by 100%.
- Li Li's level 1 talent Eager Adventurer increases her mana regen by 150% while Fast Feet is active.
- Medivh's level 1 talent Raven's Intellect Raven Form increases Medivh's Mana and Health Regeneration by 75%
- His level 20 talent Arcane Brilliance active talent restore 200 mana to all nearby allied Heroes
- Nova's level 1 talent Advanced Cloaking increases mana regen by 2 while cloaked.
- Tassadar's level 1 quest talent Templar's Will restores 8 mana for each second spent basic attacking heroes.
- His level 1 quest talent Khaydarin Resonance causes globes to regen 50% more mana.
- Thrall's level 1 talent Rolling Thunder causes his first basic attack against enemy that was recently hit by Chain Lightning restore 12 mana.
- His level 4 talent Mana Tide restores 15 mana when Frostwolf Resilience triggers.
- Uther's level 1 talent Wave of Light restores 5 mana for every allied or enemy hero affected by Holy Radiance.
- His level 1 quest talent Hammer of the Lightbringer restores 1.5% of his max mana with each basic attack.
- Xul's level 7 talent Trag'Oul's Essence restores .5% of his max mana whenever a Skeleton attacks.
See also[edit | edit source]