|Price||750 / 15,000|
|Release Date||February 6, 2018|
Background[edit | edit source]
Maiev Shadowsong is a night elf Warden and former Priestess of the moon. Along with her younger brother Jarod Shadowsong, Maiev played a key role in the battle against the Burning Legion during the War of the Ancients. In the aftermath, Maiev asked to be and was appointed the jailor of Illidan Stormrage and took on the mantle of leader of the Watchers. Maiev Shadowsong stood watch over the imprisoned Betrayer for ten thousand years, and hunted him relentlessly after he was released. After Illidan rose to power in Outland, Maiev was imprisoned at the Warden's Cage in Shadowmoon Valley, where Akama and his Ashtongue Deathsworn served as her jailors.
Maiev allied with Akama and snuck into to the Black Temple during a attack, where she joined Akama and the adventurers he had rallied in the final battle against Illidan. Fueled by the desire for vengeance, Maiev struck the final blow that ended the Betrayer's life, but instead of relishing in her victory, she became a shell of her former self, admitting that with Illidan now dead, she was nothing. Driven utterly mad, Maiev is now a vigilante who wishes death to any whom she believes have wronged her, including Archdruid Malfurion Stormrage and High-Priestess Tyrande Whisperwind.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
Maiev is a melee assassin, who excels at dodging her enemies attacks and preventing their escape.
Strength[edit | edit source]
- Multi-Hero Damage
Weaknesses[edit | edit source]
- Single Target Damage
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Talents[edit | edit source]
❢ Reward: After applying 5 tethers to secondary targets, increase Umbral Bind's pull damage by 75.
❢ Reward: After applying 10 tethers to secondary targets, increase Umbral Bind's cleave damage by 30%.
Recharge Naisha's Memento by hitting at least 2 Heroes with a single Fan of Knives.
❢ Reward: Increase Fan of Knives damage by 15%.
❢ Reward: Each additional time 3 enemy Heroes are hit by a single Fan of Knives, gain an additional 5% damage, up to 30%.
❢ Reward: Hit 4 enemy Heroes with a single Fan of Knives to instantly gain all Rewards.
Throw a glaive in the target direction.
If an enemy Hero is hit, Containment Disc can be reactivated to remove their vision and Time Stop them for 4 seconds.
Containment Disc automatically activates 6 seconds after hitting a Hero.
Summon 8 Warden Avatars as a cage around Maiev. After 1.5 seconds, enemy Heroes that come in contact with an Avatar consume it and are knocked to the center of the cage.
Warden Avatars last 7 seconds.
Recharge Shadow Orb by damaging enemy Heroes with Spirit of Vengeance 5 times.
Recharge Shadow Orb by dealing Physical Damage to enemy Heroes 10 times.
Recharge Shadow Orb by dealing Spell Damage to enemy Heroes 10 times.
Skins[edit | edit source]
| Maiev Skins|
|Backstory: Maiev Shadowsong stood watch over the imprisoned Betrayer for ten thousand years, and hunted him relentlessly after he was released. Some say she's determined; others say she's obsessed. Either way, she will stop at nothing to ensure the security of her world.|
750 / 15,000
|Backstory: Demonic "justice" is cruel and sadistic. The Hellwardens who serve Andariel understand that inflicting physical pain upon their prisoners is not enough. True anguish comes from torturing the mind and soul.|
|Notes: This skin theme is part of a shared theme of other universes merging into Diablo skins.|
Portraits[edit | edit source]
| Maiev Portraits|
Sprays[edit | edit source]
| Maiev Sprays|
Emojis[edit | edit source]
Quotes[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Maiev made her debut in Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne (July 2003).
- Her book debut was two years later, in The Sundering (July 2005).
- Maiev has been listed as a possible hero for Heroes of the Storm since 2011. In January 2018, she was teased on the Heroes of the Storm official Twitter page twice before the final third tweet on the 25th that revealed her.
- Maiev's level 1 Talent Naisha's Memento references Naisha, the Warden's lieutenant who was murdered by Illidan Stormrage in the Tomb of Sargeras during the Warcraft III campaign.
- Maiev's level 20 Talents are a reference to Gul'dan's Shadow Orb. It was a shattered artifact that a player could reassemble after finding its shards in the Tomb of Sargeras during the Warcraft III campaign.
- Maiev is voiced by Debi Mae West.
- Maiev is the fourth night elf hero in the game, the first three being Tyrande Whisperwind and the twin brothers Malfurion Stormrage and Illidan Stormrage.
- She is also the seventh elven hero in the game.
- Maiev is the fourth elven assassin hero in the game, the first three being Illidan Stormrage, Kael'thas Sunstrider and Valeera Sanguinar.
- She is also the second night elf assassin hero in the game.
- She is also the third elven melee assassin hero in the game.
- Maiev is the fifteenth Warcraft assassin hero in the game.
- She is also the thirty-first assassin hero.
- Maiev was at first supposed to meet with the Scryers in Shatratth City, but she refused and left the city in a fit of rage in World of Warcraft: Illidan (April 2016)
- Maiev has an extremely strong rivalry with Tyrande due to her actions in the Barrow Dens on the last quarter of the Third War.
- This rivalry is first seen in the night elf campaign in The Frozen Throne.
- Maiev was one of the four leadeers of the Armies of Legionfall in World of Warcraft: Legion (August 2016).
- Maiev detests mages so much, she tried to kill them in Wolfheart (September 2011).
- Maiev is the second hero to represent the Rogue class in Hearthstone (March 2014).
- One of Maiev's gag quotes references owls delivering notes and letters in the Harry Potter series of books and movies.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
General[edit | edit source]
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Videos[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Maiev - Heroes of the Storm
- Maiev Shadowsong - Wowpedia
- Maiev Build Guide on Icy Veins
- Maiev Balance Changelog - Heroes Patch Notes