|Price||750 / 10,000|
|Release Date||October 6, 2015|
Lieutenant Rosa Morales, the Combat Medic, is a ranged support hero from the StarCraft universe. Lt. Morales joined the United Earth Directorate (UED) to make a difference and protect her family. Over a very long and storied career, she has distinguished herself as a peerless medic, able to keep her patients alive and in the fight long after anyone else would have gone down. Lt. Morales is a veteran of the Brood War, and even the destruction of the UED Expeditionary Fleet didn’t slow her down. In the Nexus, she does what she does best: heal her teammates, support her allies, and make a difference.
Lieutenant Morales is a dedicated support that heals a single ally near her. She shields allies and knocks back enemies. She can use a Medivac Dropship to reposition herself and her allies across the battlefield.
Background[edit | edit source]This section concerns content exclusive to the StarCraft universe.
The medics of the United Earth Directorate follow a time-honored tradition of selflessly marching into combat zones to aid their injured brethren. These fearless women, aided only by protective shielding, are highly skilled healers capable of restoring the health and vitality of wounded soldiers. While expendable, the massive losses of terran marines during the Great War began to become cost prohibitive. The medic's use of chemical modifiers has greatly enhanced the survival rate of UED forces, lengthening the expected battlefield life expectancy to over nine seconds.
During the Guild Wars, the Confederacy experimented with adding medics to front-line infantry units. By the Great War, Confederate medics mostly remained at bases to care for wounded soldiers. The Dominion still maintains a combat medic program, as medivac dropships are expensive to deploy.
Despite their armor and arm-mounted shields, medics are vulnerable on the battlefield. Generally, their only armament is the A-13 flash grenade launcher, which is used to provide illumination and blind enemy targets.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Talents[edit | edit source]
❢ Reward: After hitting 15 Heroes, reduce the cooldown of Displacement Grenade from 12 seconds to 8 seconds
❢ Reward: After hitting 30 Heroes, increase the detonation area of Displacement Grenade by 25%.
Passive:Reduce the cooldown of Medivac Dropship from 60 to 30 seconds.
Does not require the Medivac Dropship talent.
Skins[edit | edit source]
| Lt. Morales Skins|
|Backstory: To good marines, the only thing more important than the rifle in their hand is the medic at their back. As one of the first officers deployed during the United Earth Directorate's invasion of the Koprulu sector, Lt. Rosa Morales is the best of the best.|
750 / 10,000
|Backstory: The Royal Apothecary Society's experiments have resulted in many alchemical discoveries, which Apothecary Morales administers to soldiers in the field. Some side effects may occur.|
|Features: Altered voice-over.|
|Notes: This skin theme is part of a shared theme of other universes merging into Warcraft skins.|
|Backstory: The UED outfits its best soldiers with the finest in experimental ordnance, and its medics are no exception. As such, Lt. Morales’s gear has been upgraded in accordance with her service record.|
|Backstory: Whether your heart is broken, bleeding, or located somewhere outside of your body, the Love Doctor will patch you right up.|
|Features: Themed abilities.|
|Notes: This skin theme is part of a shared theme of holiday skins.|
Portraits[edit | edit source]
| Lt. Morales Portraits|
Lt. Morales Hero
Lt. Morales Mastery
Uniform Lt. Morales
Sprays[edit | edit source]
| Lt. Morales Sprays|
Emoji Lt. Morales
Paper Lt. Morales
Where Does It Hurt?
Emojis[edit | edit source]
Quotes[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Medics were introduced in StarCraft: Brood War (November 1998).
- Lt. Morales was announced at Gamescom 2015.
- Lt. Morales is voiced by Yeni Alvarez.
- Lt. Morales is the second StarCraft support hero in the game, the first being Tassadar, and the third being Stukov.
- She is also the only terran support hero in the game.
- Lt. Morales is the second StarCraft hero with a military title, the first being Sgt. Hammer, and the third being Blaze.
- Lt. Morales is the only female StarCraft support hero in the game.
- Lt. Morales has a strong loathing of protoss.
- She is also no fan of zerg.
- One of Lt. Morale's gag quotes references Bugs Bunny from the Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies series of short cartoons.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Artwork[edit | edit source]
Morales's arena team
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
Love Doctor Morales healing Love Bug Anub'arak.
Concept Art[edit | edit source]
Videos[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- 8/7/2015, Battle.net: New Heroes Storm the Nexus at gamescom
- 8/7/2015, HeroesNexus: Gamescom Info
- StarCraft Compendium: Medic
- StarCraft Wiki: Medic
[edit | edit source]
- Lieutenant Morales Hero Week
- Lieutenant Morales - Heroes of the Storm
- Lieutenant Morales - StarCraft Wiki
- Lt. Morales Build Guide on Icy Veins
- Lieutenant Morales Balance Changelog - Heroes Patch Notes
- Lieutenant Morales Sound Files - Sounds of the Storm