"Obey the call!"
|Title||Archlich of Naxxramas|
|Price||750 / 10,000|
|Release Date||September 5, 2017|
Kel'Thuzad, Archlich of Naxxramas, esteemed Lich Lord of the Plaguelands, Commander of the Dread Necropolis, Master and Founder of the Cult of the Damned, formerly of the Council of Six, Creator of the Abomination, Summoner of Archimonde the Defiler, Betrayer of Humanity, Hearthstone Enthusiast, and Majordomo to the Lich King, is a ranged assassin hero from the Warcraft universe.
Kel'Thuzad has faithfully served the Lich King both in life and after death. Reanimated as the Archlich of the Scourge and given domain of the Dread Necropolis, Naxxramas, Kel'Thuzad remains Arthas's most trusted advisor and master of the cold dark. Drawn to the immeasurable power found within the Nexus, Kel'Thuzad has turned several of the noblest heroes against their allies.
Background[edit | edit source]This section concerns content exclusive to the Warcraft universe.
Kel'Thuzad was a powerful member of the Kirin Tor, but his interest in the dark arts caused him to be expelled from Dalaran. He went on to become the founder of the Cult of the Damned and one of the principal agents of the Lich King. After bringing the plague to Lordaeron, he was slain by Arthas Menethil. When Arthas became a death knight, he used and defiled the powers of the Sunwell to resurrect Kel'Thuzad as a lich so he could summon Archimonde to Azeroth. Following Arthas's departure for Northrend, Kel'Thuzad was left to command the Scourge forces in Lordaeron from his floating necropolis, Naxxramas.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
Strength[edit | edit source]
- Burst Damage
Weaknesses[edit | edit source]
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Talents[edit | edit source]
❢ Reward: Kel'Thuzad's Phylactery can be activated while dead to immediately respawn at the Hall of Storms, but must be charged again.
Passive: Kel'Thuzad heals for 10% of all Spell damage dealt while the Phylactery is charged.
Active: Activate to create a spike that detonates after 4 seconds, dealing 60 (+2.5% per level) damage to nearby enemies. The spike can be affected by Chains of Kel'Thuzad.
- The spike appears after 1 second delay.
- The spike has collision.
Launch a meteor of ice at an enemy Hero. Upon impact, the meteor deals 100 damage to its target and 275 damage to enemies in the area. All enemies hit by Frozen Tomb are Rooted for 1.5 seconds.
Create a fissure anywhere on the Battleground that explodes after 1.5 seconds, dealing 400 damage to enemy Heroes in its area.
- Every Hero hit by the initial explosion triggers cooldown reduction.
Active: Activate to dash forward, dealing 150 (+2.5% per level) damage to enemies in the path. Takedowns reset the cooldown of Shifting Malice.
Active: Activate to create a Shade of Naxxramas that lasts 15 seconds and mimics Kel'Thuzad's casts of Death and Decay.
- Shade is invulnerable and untargetable and has no collision.
Skins[edit | edit source]
| Kel'Thuzad Skins|
|Backstory: Kel'Thuzad has faithfully served the Lich King both in life and after death. Reanimated as the Archlich of the Scourge and given domain of the Dread Necropolis, Naxxramas, Kel'Thuzad remains Arthas's most trusted advisor and master of the cold dark.|
750 / 15,000
Archlich of Naxxramas
|Backstory: "What the heroes of this pitiful blue marble fail to understand is the Earth's fate cannot be delayed forever. In the end, the stars will fade and die, and in the cold dark... our empire is eternal."|
|Features: Altered voice-over, themed abilities.|
|Notes: This skin theme is part of a shared theme of Superheroes vs. Eternal Empire skins.|
Mounts[edit | edit source]
| Kel'Thuzad Mounts|
|Backstory: It is said the frosts of Northrend descend upon the unwary in an instant; chilling beyond the bone and into the soul.|
Portraits[edit | edit source]
Sprays[edit | edit source]
| Brightwing Sprays|
Meow of Mr. Bigglesworth
Star Lich Kel'Thuzad
Emojis[edit | edit source]
Quotes[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Kel'Thuzad first appeared in Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos (July 2002).
- His book debut was five years later, in World of Warcraft: Tides of Darkness (August 2007).
- Kel'Thuzad is voiced by Michael McConnohie in all of his game appearances with the exception of World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King (November 2008).
- Kel'Thuzad was under consideration for inclusion as early as 2011.
- Preliminary work on Kel'Thuzad's model was done on the artists stage at BlizzCon 2014.
- Kel'Thuzad owns a cat named Mr. Bigglesworth, who appears during his owner's dance animation. This is a reference to the cat owned by Dr. Evil in the Austin Powers series.
- Kel'Thuzad is the second necromancer hero in the game, the first being Xul.
- He is also the only ranged necromancer hero in the game.
- Kel'Thuzad has a habit of calling Tyrael, Malthael, and Auriel 'val'kyr'.
- One of Kel'Thuzad's quotes references the running joke about Darkness.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
General[edit | edit source]
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Videos[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- 2011-10-23, BlizzCon 2011 - StarCraft 2: Heart of the Swarm and Blizzard DOTA - Art & Technology Panel (Full). YouTube, accessed on 2011-11-07
[edit | edit source]
- Kel'Thuzad Hero Week
- Kel'Thuzad - Heroes of the Storm
- Kel'Thuzad - Wowpedia
- Resurrecting Kel'Thuzad
- Kel'Thuzad Build Guide on Icy Veins
- Kel'Thuzad Balance Changelog - Heroes Patch Notes