We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
|Title||The Sun King|
|Price||625 / 7,000|
|Release Date||May 12, 2015|
Kael'thas Sunstrider, the Sun King, is a ranged assassin hero from the Warcraft universe. Like all Blood Elves, Prince Kael'thas was transformed by the fall of Quel'thalas. Desperate to save his people from being consumed by their magical addiction, he joined forces with the Burning Legion and now lords over Tempest Keep.
Kael'thas is a fire mage who punishes enemies that stay close together.
Background[edit | edit source]This section concerns content exclusive to the Warcraft universe.
Kael'thas Sunstrider was a senior member of the Kirin Tor, the Prince of Quel'Thalas, and the last of the Sunstrider dynasty. After the Fall of Quel'Thalas, Kael'thas led what remained of his people in the service of the Alliance. Striving to placate his people's addiction to magic, he later allied with Illidan Stormrage, but betrayed him to the Burning Legion when its master, the demon lord Kil'jaeden, enticed Kael'thas with the promise of salvation for the blood elves. He was branded a traitor after his allegiance to the Legion was revealed, and lost the support of many of his people. After his defeat at Tempest Keep, Kael'thas returned to Azeroth a shadow of his former self. Kael'thas plotted to summon Kil'jaeden through the Sunwell, but his plans were foiled by the Shattered Sun Offensive. He was slain by their forces in Magisters' Terrace.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Talents[edit | edit source]
❢ Reward: After gaining 100 bonus damage, increase Flamestrike damage by an additional 100 and no longer lose the bonus if you die.
* Bonus damage from Convection is affected by Spell Power, but not by Scaling
❢ Reward: After gathering 20 Regeneration Globes, you can also activate Arcane Barrier to gain a Shield equal to 100% of your maximum Mana for 4 seconds. 45 second cooldown.
* Continues to gain stacks even after the quest is complete.
* Kael'thas' current mana is also increased by 15, when a Regeneration Globe is collected.
* Phoenix now attacks 26 times during its duration dealing total of 2028 damage and 1014 splash damage.
* Phoenix can be relocated only once per cast.
* Relocating Phoenix through units deals damage, but causes it to miss out one attack.
*Relocate damage is not affected by Kael'thas' Spell Power.
* Enables Living Bomb to spread indefinitely
Skins[edit | edit source]
| Kael'thas Skins|
|Backstory: Like all Blood Elves, Prince Kael'thas was transformed by the fall of Quel'thalas. Desperate to save his people from being consumed by their magical addiction, he joined forces with the Burning Legion and now lords over Tempest Keep.|
625 / 7,000
The Sun King
|Backstory: Sunstrider Industries CEO Mikael Thoss uses his company's vast wealth and cutting edge technology to protect the innocent as Cyberhawk, the avian avenger!|
|Features: Themed abilities.|
|Notes: This skin theme is part of a shared theme of Superheroes vs. Eternal Empire skins.|
|Backstory: Only the finest of robes and armor may adorn the Sun King. His majesty and brilliance must shine forth like the sun itself.|
|Backstory: Originally constructed to be a magician's assistant, Kael'thas's preprogrammed aptitude for sorcery soon catapulted him past the expertise of his own creators.|
|Features: Altered voice-over.|
|Backstory: On some worlds, technology and magic are not so different. Those who master both, like Lord Kael'thas, can create both wonders and terrors beyond your imagination.|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Kael'thas first appeared in Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne (2003).
- His book debut was four years later, in World of Warcraft: Tides of Darkness (August 2007)
- Kael'thas is voiced by Quinton Flynn.
- Scrapped abilities like Burning Impact and Combustion were datamined from older versions of the game client.
- Kael'thas uses a number of Thalassian phrases, such as anar'alah belore (by the light of the sun), felo'melorn (flamestrike), and selama ashal'anore (justice for our people).
- The phoenix god Al'ar is Kael'thas's most prized possession. It appears as both a boss and mount in World of Warcraft.
- Kael'thas sometimes says "merely a setback" when he revives at the Hall of Storms. This is a reference to a popular quote said by him in World of Warcraft: "Don't look so smug! I know what you're thinking, but Tempest Keep was merely a setback." The phrase has become a common utterance by players discussing potential future dungeons and raids, often with the joking implication that Kael'thas will somehow return.
- Kael'thas is the first blood elf hero, the second being Valeera Sanguinar.
- Kael'thas is very jealous of Arthas due to both having a strong love for Jaina.
- This jealousy can be seen in the book, Arthas: Rise of the Lich King (May 2009).
- One of Kael'thas' gag quotes references the effects of drugs.
- Kael'thas' Cyberhawk skin is probably a reference to a character from Rock N' Roll Racing of the same name.
- The skin may also be a reference Pharah from Overwatch. Its Cyborghawk variation could be a nod to Genji, hence the color scheme and cyborg.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
General[edit | edit source]
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Sprays[edit | edit source]
Concept Art[edit | edit source]
Videos[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Kael'thas Hero Week
- Kael'thas - Heroes of the Storm
- Kael'thas Sunstrider - Wowpedia
- Kael'thas Build Guide on Icy Veins
- Kael'thas Balance Changelog - Heroes Patch Notes
- Kael'thas Sound Files - Sounds of the Storm