|Title||Crusader of Zakarum|
|Price||500 / 4,000|
|Release Date||June 2, 2015|
Johanna, the Crusader of Zakarum, is a melee warrior hero from the Diablo universe. There have been many women who have borne the name Johanna in service of the crusade, and each has given her life to purify her faith. Johanna carries on their legacy as she searches the kingdom of Khanduras for the fallen star.
Johanna serves as a frontline fighter that is resilient and can make herself immune to enemy crowd control.
Background[edit | edit source]This section concerns content exclusive to Diablo universe.
Crusaders are unbending champions of faith and law. These living fortresses use impenetrable plate and towering shields to wade through scores of foes, leaving demonic bodies smoldering in their wake.
The thick of battle is unforgiving, but crusaders rush in without hesitation, relying on holy magic and heavy armor to guarantee victory. Well-trained crusaders are adept at deflecting attacks entirely, often shrugging off massive blows that would fell lesser combatants. If pressed, they can sacrifice speed and mobility for pure staying power.
Bone-crunching flails and wicked shields are perfect for melee, but crusaders are hardly limited to extinguishing evil at close range. When one of these divinely empowered warriors joins battle, blazing fire and blinding light follow, smiting entire packs of enemies who dare to resist judgment.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Talents[edit | edit source]
Activate to heal 30% of Johanna's max Health over 4 seconds.
Passive: Regenerate 1.5 (+4% per level) Health per second.
❢ Quest: Hit 4 or more Heroes at the same time with Punish.
❢ Reward: Punish always Slows by 80% and the Slow amount no longer decays.
Johanna leaps towards an area. While in the air, she can steer the landing location by moving. After 2 seconds Johanna lands, dealing 183 (+4% per level) damage to nearby enemies, Stunning them for 0.188 seconds, and Slowing them by 50% for 2.5 seconds.
Deal 114 (+4% per level) damage and stun the first enemy hit for 1.5 seconds. Blessed Shield then bounces to 2 nearby enemies, dealing 57 (4% per level) damage and stunning them for 0.75 seconds.
Activate to slow the Attack Speed by 50% and Movement Speed by 20% of nearby Heroes and Summons for 2.5 seconds.
Passive:Heroes and Summons that attack your Hero have their Attack Speed slowed by 20% for 2.5 seconds.
Activate to give all nearby allied Heroes a Shield for 25% of their max Health for 3 seconds. Hitting Heroes with Shield Glare reduces the cooldown of this Ability by 5 seconds.
Skins[edit | edit source]
| Johanna Skins|
|Backstory: There have been many women who have borne the name Johanna in service of the crusade, and each has given her life to purify her faith. Johanna carries on their legacy as she searches the kingdom of Khanduras for the fallen star.|
500 / 4,000
Crusader of Zakarum
|Backstory: At Emperor Severus's command, an entire legion marched against the portal of the gods. All but one returned home, a single centurion taken as punishment for man's hubris.|
|Backstory: The crusader's armor is an emblem of their identity. Over the centuries it is constantly molded and reshaped to fit the needs and personality of its current master.|
|Backstory: While most spellbreakers serve in defense of Quel'thalas, Johanna has embarked on a crusade to purify the lands of Lordaeron, instead. She will not rest until her homeland is restored.|
|Features: Themed abilities.|
|Notes: This skin theme is part of a shared theme of other universes merging into Warcraft skins.|
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Johanna and her steed.
Johanna fights the The Butcher.
Johanna with Kharazim.
Johanna and Kharazim stand with Tyrael.
Centurion Johanna in the Eternal Conflict.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Johanna represents the crusader class from Diablo III: Reaper of Souls (2014).
- Johanna is voiced by Mary Elizabeth McGlynn.
- Johanna was confirmed as a hero in a video with new skins and mounts.
- Johanna was released on June 2, 2015.
- Her name may be a reference to Joan of Arc.
- The Onyx Johanna skin resembles the Abyssal Dye pigment minus the shield, tabard, and symbol.
- The Crimson Sacred Oath skin uses the same dye pigment.
- The Ivory Johanna skin resembles the Pale Dye/Bottled Cloud dye pigment minus the shield, tabard and symbol.
- The Azure Sacred Oath skin used the same dye pigment.
- The Scarlet Johanna skin resembles the Scarlet Crusade, hence the eye shadow makeup, silver mane, and grey eyes.
- It also resembles the Cardinal Dye pigment, minus the shield, tabard and symbol.
- All three variants of Johanna's Centurion skin resemble a soldier of the ancient Roman empire.
- The Kaldorei Spellbreaker skin resembles a night elf.
- The Holy Spellbreaker skin resembles a knight in the Argent Crusade minus the tabard.
- One of Johanna's gag quotes references the 1975 British film Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
- Johanna is one of four female warrior heroes, the other being Zarya, Sonya, and D.Va.
Videos[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Johanna. Battle.net. Blizzard Entertainment, Inc.. Retrieved on 2015-07-26.
- Johanna. HeroesNexus. Curse, Inc.. Retrieved on 2015-07-26.
- Crusader Voice Acting Interview with BlizzPro
- In Development: Skins for Kael'thas, Johanna, Sonya, Gazlowe, and more.
- Heroes of the Storm Patch Notes – June 2, 2015. Battle.net. Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. (2015-06-02). Retrieved on 2015-07-26.
[edit | edit source]
- Johanna Hero Week
- Johanna - Heroes of the Storm
- Johanna - Diablo Wiki
- Johanna Build Guide on Icy Veins
- Johanna Balance Changelog - Heroes Patch Notes
- Johanna Sound Files - Sounds of the Storm