|Title||Archangel of Valor|
|Price||750 / 10,000|
|Release Date||January 8, 2019|
Imperius, the Archangel of Valor, is a melee bruiser hero from the Diablo franchise. Leader of the Angiris Council and Aspect of Valor, Imperius has valiantly led the armies of the High Heavens to innumerous victories over the demons of the Burning Hells. While his methods are exact and severe, there is no greater defender of righteousness in the entirety of creation.
Background[edit | edit source]
This section concerns content exclusive to Diablo universe.
Imperius is the Archangel of Valor, and has led the Angiris Council since Malthael's absence. Known for his unshakable bravery, he and Tyrael led the Heavenly Host to countless victories against the Burning Hells. When the human world of Sanctuary was discovered, Imperius voted for humanity's eradication, viewing them as demonspawn, but was outvoted by Itherael, Auriel and Tyrael.
Since the truce between Heaven and Hell robbed Imperius from further opportunities to prove his valor in battle, he grew legalistic and tyrannical over the years. When he tried to punish Tyrael for interfering with Sanctuary and destroying the Worldstone, Tyrael defied Imperius' judgment and renounced his angelhood. Powerless to stop Diablo's assault on the Crystal Arch, Imperius witnessed the Nephalem defeat the Prime Evil and save the High Heavens. When Malthael, now the Aspect of Death, attacked the High Heavens, he reluctantly asked the Nephalem to put an end to Malthael's madness.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
Imperius is an all-in Bruiser that leads the charge with strong initiation and single target damage. His trait, Valorous Brand, marks enemies he hits with a basic ability, empowering his next Basic Attack against them. Each enemy can have up to three marks, one for each ability. His first ability, Celestial Charge, lunges forward and impales heroes he hits on his spear, stunning them. Solarion's Flare sends out a wave of fire which deals extra damage and slows at the very center. Molten Armor surrounds Imperius in fire, damaging nearby enemies and healing Imperius for the damage dealt.
His first heroic ability is Angelic Armaments, surrounding Imperius with holy swords and granting him a large shield for a duration. If the shield is unbroken, Imperius can then fire the swords at his enemies. His other option, Wrath of the Angiris, allows him to charge at an enemy and carry them into the sky. Imperius then has a moment to reposition before crashing down to earth, stunning his target.
Strengths[edit | edit source]
Weaknesses[edit | edit source]
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Talents[edit | edit source]
❢ Quest: Stun multiple enemy Heroes with a single Celestial Charge.
❢ Reward: After Stunning 2 Heroes, permanently reduce the cooldown by 2 seconds.
❢ Reward: After Stunning 3 Heroes, permanently reduce the cooldown by an additional 2 seconds.
- Affects both initial and post-channel damage.
- Stacks additively with Spell Power.
- Does not benefit from talents affecting Solarion's Fire.
Active: Activate to cause the next 4 Basic Attacks to cleave for 157 damage.
- Sets your Base Attack damage to given value for the duration of the ability.
- Consumes Valorous Brand marks from all targets hit.
- Lasts until all charges have been consumed.
- Cooldown doesn't start until all charges have been consumed.
Summon a ring of blazing swords that grants 1000 Shield for 3 seconds.If the Shield lasts the full duration, this ability can be reactivated within 5 seconds to launch 6 swords toward an area, each dealing 140 damage to the first enemy hit.
After 0.75 seconds, charge in the target direction, lifting the first enemy Hero hit into the Heavens. While in the air, Imperius can steer the landing location by moving. After 2 seconds, slam the target into the ground, dealing 375 damage and Stunning them for 1 second.
- Debuff is applied immediately once the stun ends, regardless of whether Imperius finished the channel or not.
- Stacks multiplicatively with the modifier against Heroes.
- Multiple applications only refresh the duration.
- Additional swords are only fired from Allied Heroes' Shields that expire without breaking.
Active: Activate to teleport to an enemy that has been marked by Valorous Brand and gain 25 Armor for 3 seconds.
Skins[edit | edit source]
|Backstory: Leader of the Angiris Council and Aspect of Valor, Imperius has valiantly led the armies of the High Heavens to innumerous victories over the demons of the Burning Hells. While his methods are exact and severe, there is no greater defender of righteousness in the entirety of creation.|
750 / 10,000
Archangel of Valor
120 / 75
120 / 75
|Backstory: The Lord of Wrath is said to be the greatest warrior in the Burning Hells. His limitless anger is nearly uncontainable: an unholy inferno that would see all life consumed by its profane flame.|
|Features: Altered voice-over|
|Notes: This skin theme is part of a shared theme of alternative history skins.|
350 / 400
350 / 400
350 / 400
Portraits[edit | edit source]
Sprays[edit | edit source]
Emojis[edit | edit source]
Quotes[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Imperius made his debut in Diablo III (May 2012).
- His book debut was five years earlier, in The Veiled Prophet (September 2007).
- Imperius was confirmed on twitter.
- Imperius is voiced by Rick D. Wasserman.
- Imperius was under consideration for inclusion as early as 2014.
- Imperius is the eighteenth Diablo hero in the game.
- He is also the twenty-second warrior hero in the game.
- Imperius is the sixth Diablo warrior hero in the game, the first five being Diablo, Tyrael, Sonya, Johanna, and Leoric.
- Imperius is the fourth member of the Angiris Council to enter the Nexus, the first three being Tyrael, Auriel, and Malthael.
- Imperius' Indomitable Imperius skin is a reference to Tony Stark's Iron Man armor from Iron Man (April 2008).
- The Knight-Captain Imperius palette resembles a Stormwind soldier of a high rank.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
General[edit | edit source]
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Videos[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Heroes of the Storm:@BlizzHeroes Out of the High Heavens, and into the Nexus! Imperius will be playable on the PTR starting January 2.
- Bridget on Twitter
- 2014-10-15, Developer Insights: Azmodan Tells All "Well... let's just say there are many more Diablo heroes and villains in the works at varying stages of development. We've seen a lot of community (and internal!) requests for characters like the Necromancer, Imperius, the Monk, and of course, the Last Horadrim himself. You'll just have to stay a while and listen for news in the future."
[edit | edit source]
- Imperius – Heroes of the Storm
- Imperius - Diablo Wiki
- Imperius Balance Changelog - Heroes Patch Notes
|Bruisers_||Artanis • Chen • D.Va • Dehaka • Imperius • Leoric • Malthael • Ragnaros • Rexxar • Sonya • Thrall • Varian • Xul • Yrel|
|Healers_||Alexstrasza • Ana • Auriel • Brightwing • Deckard • Kharazim • Li Li • Lt. Morales • Lúcio • Malfurion • Rehgar • Stukov • Uther • Tyrande • Whitemane|
|Melee Assassins_||Alarak • Gazlowe • Illidan • Kerrigan • Maiev • Murky • Samuro • The Butcher • Valeera • Zeratul|
|Ranged Assassins_||Azmodan • Cassia • Chromie • Falstad • Greymane • Fenix • Gall • Genji • Gul'dan • Hanzo • Jaina • Junkrat • Kael'thas • Kel'Thuzad • Li-Ming • Lunara • Mephisto • Nazeebo • Nova • Orphea • Probius • Raynor • Sgt. Hammer • Sylvanas • Tracer • Tychus • Valla • Zagara • Zul'jin|
|Support_||Abathur • Medivh • Tassadar • The Lost Vikings • Zarya|
|Tanks_||Anub'arak • Arthas • Blaze • Cho • Diablo • E.T.C. • Garrosh • Johanna • Mal'Ganis • Muradin • Stitches • Tyrael|
|Unknown_||Anduin • Mekkatorque|