Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Ice Block is a Generic Talent that provides a temporary invulnerability in the exchange of inability to move, attack or cast abilities. It is very effective to survive high burst damage or crowd control, in the latter case serving as a form of Cleanse. If a team member who has access to Ice Block gets focus fired, the ability allows them to a small window of time for their team to regroup and save the focused team member.
The Ice Block and similar talents can usually be canceled early.
Background[edit | edit source]
Heroes with Ice Block[edit | edit source]
Base version[edit | edit source]
Modified version[edit | edit source]
- Auriel's level 10 heroic ability, "Crystal Aegis", places an allied hero in Stasis for 2 seconds, damaging nearby enemies once the effect ends.
- Blaze's level 10 heroic ability, "Bunker Drop", summons a Bunker that allied heroes can enter to grant Stasis for up to 10 seconds. Allies still can use "Flamethrower" and "Exit Bunker" while inside.
- Brightwing's level 16 talent, "Phase Out", places her in Stasis for 0.75 seconds.
- Cho's level 16 talent, "Molten Block", places him in Stasis for up to 3 seconds, damaging nearby enemies for its duration.
- Chromie's level 11 talent, "Time Out", places her in Stasis for up to 5 seconds.
- Dehaka's ability, "Burrow", places him in Stasis for up to 2 seconds. He can still use "Dark Swarm" and "Essence Collection" while burrowed.
- His level 16 talent, "Tunneling Claws", allows Dehaka to move during "Burrow".
- Jaina's ability, "Improved Ice Block", places her in Stasis for up to 2.5 seconds, applying "Frostbite" to nearby enemies once the effect ends.
- Kerrigan's level 13, "Chrysalis", places her in a destructible Chrysalis that grants Stasis for up to 5 seconds, healing her for its duration.
- Ragnaros' level 20 talent, "Submerge", places him in Stasis for up to 3 seconds, healing him for its duration.
- Rexxar's level 16 talent, "Feign Death", places him in Stasis for up to 5 seconds. The player can control Misha during the Stasis.
- Tassadar's ability "Dimensional Shift" places him in Stasis and grants Unrevealable Stealth for up to 2 seconds. Tassadar can still move for its duration.
Removed[edit | edit source]
These heroes no longer have Ice Block as a talent option.