Hardened Shield is a generic level 20 Talent, usually found on Warriors, that can be activated to provide a massive amount of Armor for a short duration. It comes late in the game, but can allow a hero to absorb immense amounts of damage and is vital for tanks who are against high-burst teams. Like other Armor effects, it has no effect on Percent damage whatsoever, and once the duration runs out it will stop providing value. Good times to use it would be if you're engaging and the enemy switches their focus to you, so you can absorb the brunt of the damage and keep fighting until your team can back you up. The cooldown is sizeable but not as long as many heroics, so it should be used frequently, but not frivolously.
Heroes with Hardened Shield[edit | edit source]
Base Version[edit | edit source]
Modified Version[edit | edit source]
- Cho's level 16 talent, "Twilight Veil", increases Ogre Hide's Armor bonus by 300% increasing it from 25 to maximum for 2 seconds. 60s cooldown.
- Leoric's level 20 talent, "Shroud of the Dead King", grants Protected for 3 seconds. 75s cooldown.
- Rexxar's level 20 talent, "Hardened Skin", grants himself and Misha 75 Armor for 4 seconds. 60s cooldown.
- Sonya's level 20 talent, "Ignore Pain", grants 60 Armor for 4 seconds. Can be used during Whirlwind. 60s cooldown.
- Stitches' level 20 talent, "Shambling Horror", grants 50 Armor for 4 seconds, also Stitches Movement Speed can't be reduced bellow 100%. 60s cooldown.
- Tyrael's level 20 talent, "Defense of the Angels", grants 50 Armor for 5 seconds. Every instance of damage dealt to Righteousness' Shield reduces its cooldown by 3 seconds. 120s cooldown.
Removed[edit | edit source]
These heroes no longer have Hardened Shield as a talent option: