|Title||Son of Hellscream|
|Price||750 / 10,000|
|Release Date||August 8, 2017|
Garrosh, Son of Hellscream, is a melee warrior hero from the Warcraft franchise. As the new warchief of the Horde, Garrosh is a proud and vicious warrior who rules with an iron fist. His hatred for the Alliance burns like wildfire, and he will stop at nothing to destroy them. By his axe, the orcs will reclaim their rightful glory.
Background[edit | edit source]This section concerns content exclusive to the Warcraft universe.
Garrosh Hellscream was born on the orcish homeworld of Draenor, and grew up untainted by the demonic blood that twisted the orcs who invaded Azeroth. Though he wasn't demonically influenced himself, Garrosh was haunted by his family's legacy: his father, Grommash Hellscream, was the first orc to embrace corruption by drinking the blood of the pit lord Mannoroth. Garrosh lived in the shadow of his father's acts until he met Warchief Thrall, founder of the renewed Horde, who explained to the younger Hellscream how Grommash ultimately gave his life to lift the demonic blood-curse, and freed his race from servitude to dark forces.
Uplifted, Garrosh joined Thrall in Azeroth and quickly became a hero of the Horde by leading a successful offensive against the Lich King. When Deathwing shattered the world, Thrall was forced to leave his throne to stop the destruction, and left Garrosh as his successor. Looking for ways to gather more resources and new territory for his people, Hellscream has initiated several brutal strikes against the Alliance, razing Jaina's city of Theramore and later clashing over the continent of Pandaria. As warchief, Garrosh's controversial actions - among them claiming the heart of an Old God and ravaging Pandaria's Vale of Eternal Blossoms - fueled rebellion, leading Horde dissidents and a vengeful Alliance to besiege Orgrimmar and depose him.
Victorious, Orgrimmar’s liberators dragged Hellscream to trial in Pandaria, where they recounted each of his crimes against Azeroth. The former warchief was unapologetic; worse, he escaped his captors, vanishing with the aid of the bronze dragon Kairozdormu to an alternate Draenor in the past. There, he was able to confront Gul'dan and witness his transformation into one of the first green orcs, corrupted by the influence of the fel powers, and slowly change the course of events leading to the birth of the Iron Horde. Garrosh also managed to give an idea to create a gateway between the alternate timeline and the current one in order to return to exact his vengeance on Azeroth, in a form of the Iron Horde's Dark Portal and then sent the Iron Horde in order to conquer the world. During this conflict he was eventually defeated and killed by Thrall in a mak'gora.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
Garrosh is a frontline Tank that enters the fray, trying to isolate a single opponent for elimination.
Strength[edit | edit source]
Weaknesses[edit | edit source]
Abilities[edit | edit source]
- See Data Page for a table of scaled values at key levels.
Talents[edit | edit source]
❢ Reward: After Stunning 5 Heroes, Groundbreaker deals an additional 150 damage over 3 seconds to Heroes.
❢ Reward: After Stunning 15 Heroes, permanently reduce Groundbreaker's cooldown by 2 seconds.
Type: Damage over time
Bonus range: 1.375
Active: Activate to deal 111 damage to a target enemy and Slow them by 30% for 3 seconds. Damage is increased by 200% of Armor Up's current bonus, and the Slow amount is increased by 30% if Armor Up's bonus is above 25.
Scaling: 4.00% / -
Affects: Non-Structure enemies / Self
Targeting: Unit target
Cast time: 0.125+0 seconds
Type: Damage modifier
Type: Attack modifier
Active: Activate to become Unstoppable for 1.5 seconds.
Targeting: No target
Cast time: Instant
Additional properties: Attack Slow
- Requires Body Check.
Type: Healing modifier
Type: Attack Modifier / Damage modifier: Spell power
Affects: Enemy Heroes
Active: Activate to throw a nearby ally and grant them 25 Armor for 3 seconds. Deals 91 damage to nearby enemies upon impact and Slows them by 30% for 2.5 seconds.
While in flight, allied Heroes are Unstoppable.
- Automatically selects the ally closest to Garrosh to be thrown. Does not prioritise Heroes.
- The thrown ally is briefly Stunned, interrupting channeled abilities, and then Dazed for the remainder of the flight.
- Into the Fray does not benefit from any talents affecting Wrecking Ball
Type: Damage / Damage Modifier: Armor
Affects: Enemies / Non-Structure allies
Targeting: Point target / Automatic
Impact - Area of Effect, Slow
Throw - Displacement, Stun, Unstoppable
Cast time: seconds
Target search radius: 2.5
Impact radius: 2.5
Throw duration: 0.3125 seconds
Silence nearby Heroes and force them to attack Garrosh for 2 seconds.
Deal 50 damage to nearby enemies and Slow them by 30% for 1.5 seconds. Deals 100% more damage to Heroes, and each Hero hit reduces the cooldown by 1 second. Stores up to 3 charges.
Type: Heal over time
Active: Armor Up can be activated to increase its Armor bonus by 100% for 3 seconds.
Type: Damage modifier: Armor
Targeting: No target
Cast time: Instant
Additional properties: Impact - Stun
Type: Damage modifier: Debuff
- Requires Body Check.
Charge cooldown: 1.0 seconds
Skins[edit | edit source]
| Garrosh Skins|
|Backstory: As the new warchief of the Horde, Garrosh is a proud and vicious warrior who rules with an iron fist. His hatred for the Alliance burns like wildfire, and he will stop at nothing to destroy them. By his axe, the orcs will reclaim their rightful glory.|
750 / 10,000
Son of Hellscream
|Backstory: After decades of dutiful service to his warchief Thrall, Garrosh was appointed High Warlord and given a mission of vital importance to his mentor and friend: secure Alterac for the Horde once and for all.|
|Backstory: Of all the biker gangs marauding the wastelands, none are as feared as the Warsong Outriders. Led by the mutant warlord Garrosh, the roar of their engines is the sound of death on wheels.|
|Features: Altered voice-over, themed abilities.|
|Notes: This skin theme is part of a shared theme of Warchrome Wastes skins.|
| Garrosh Event Skins|
|Backstory: Hailing from Orgrimmar Beach, Azeroth, El Fuego was the first to unite the belts, both figuratively and literally. Now, as the champion of the Nexus he has thrown aside his old mask and taken up a new identity... El Jefe!|
|Features: Themed abilities and animations.|
|Notes: This skin theme is part of a shared theme of Nexomania skins.|
Portraits[edit | edit source]
Sprays[edit | edit source]
| Garrosh Sprays|
Mad Axe Garrosh
Máscara del Jefe
Emojis[edit | edit source]
Quotes[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Garrosh made his debut in World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade (January 2007).
- His book debut was a year later, in World of Warcraft: Beyond the Dark Portal (June 2008).
- Garrosh is voiced by David Patrick Seitz.
- Garrosh's name is Orcish for "warrior's heart".
- Garrosh's axe, Gorehowl, was used by his father (Grommash Hellscream) and his grandfather (Golmash Hellscream).
- The axe was stolen by Prince Malchazaar at one point, but was recovered sometime after the Northrend Campaign.
- Garrosh is the second orc warrior hero in the game after Rexxar.
- He is also the the fifth orc hero in the game.
- Garrosh's dance animation has him sticking his index and pinkie fingers upwards and thrashing his head wildly up and down as if he were playing an electric guitar.
- Garrosh habitually calls his enemies names, meaning that he has absolutely no respect for them.
- Garrosh had no clue that he and fellow Horde leader Cairne Bloodhoof would be tricked by Magatha Grimtotem into fighting each other in nothing but briefs until it the duel was over in The Shattering: Prelude to Cataclysm (October 2010).
- Garrosh's nickname, "Big G", was ushered by Boss Mida in World of Warcraft: Cataclysm (December 2010).
- Garrosh is the nineth Warcraft warrior hero in the game.
- He is also the eighteenth warrior hero in the game.
- Garrosh has a black tattoo on the entirety of his lower jaw, as well as the cheeks and jowl.
- This makes him the second warrior hero with a tattoo, the first being Zarya.
- Garrosh tends to roar when he swings Gorehowl or uses attacks like Groundbreaker or Wrecking Ball.
- Garrosh owns a female riding wolf named Malak.
- Garrosh was in attendance to the games held in the Argent Tournament Grounds.
- During the Cataclysm Campaign, Garrosh was at first against guerrilla tactics after what happend in Stonetalon, but he then adapted them when he wanted to steal the Focusing Iris from the Blue Dragonflight in Jaina Proudmoore: Tides of War (August 2012).
- Garrosh is the first hero to represent the Warrior Class in Hearthstone (March 2014).
- One of Garrosh's gag quotes references the 1927 song "Ice Cream".
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Videos[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Garrosh Hero Week
- Garrosh - Heroes of the Storm
- Garrosh Hellscream. Wowpedia.
- Garrosh Build Guide on Icy Veins
- Garrosh Balance Changelog - Heroes Patch Notes
- Stories – Hellscream. World of Warcraft.
- Lore – Garrosh Hellscream. Battle.net.