|Title||Son of Hellscream|
|Release Date||August 8, 2017|
|Stats per level|
Garrosh, Son of Hellscream, is a melee warrior hero from the Warcraft franchise. As the new warchief of the Horde, Garrosh is a proud and vicious warrior who rules with an iron fist. His hatred for the Alliance burns like wildfire, and he will stop at nothing to destroy them. By his axe, the orcs will reclaim their rightful glory.
Background[edit | edit source]This section concerns content exclusive to the Warcraft universe.
Garrosh Hellscream was born on the orcish homeworld of Draenor, and grew up untainted by the demonic blood that twisted the orcs who invaded Azeroth. Though he wasn't demonically influenced himself, Garrosh was haunted by his family's legacy: his father, Grommash Hellscream, was the first orc to embrace corruption by drinking the blood of the pit lord Mannoroth. Garrosh lived in the shadow of his father's acts until he met Warchief Thrall, founder of the renewed Horde, who explained to the younger Hellscream how Grommash ultimately gave his life to lift the demonic blood-curse, and freed his race from servitude to dark forces.
Uplifted, Garrosh joined Thrall in Azeroth and quickly became a hero of the Horde by leading a successful offensive against the Lich King. When Deathwing shattered the world, Thrall was forced to leave his throne to stop the destruction, and left Garrosh as his successor. Looking for ways to gather more resources and new territory for his people, Hellscream has initiated several brutal strikes against the Alliance, razing Jaina's city of Theramore and later clashing over the continent of Pandaria. As warchief, Garrosh's controversial actions - among them claiming the heart of an Old God and ravaging Pandaria's Vale of Eternal Blossoms - fueled rebellion, leading Horde dissidents and a vengeful Alliance to besiege Orgrimmar and depose him.
Victorious, Orgrimmar’s liberators dragged Hellscream to trial in Pandaria, where they recounted each of his crimes against Azeroth. The former warchief was unapologetic; worse, he escaped his captors, vanishing with the aid of the bronze dragon Kairozdormu to an alternate Draenor in the past. There, he was able to confront Gul'dan and witness his transformation into one of the first green orcs, corrupted by the influence of the fel powers, and slowly change the course of events leading to the birth of the Iron Horde. Garrosh also managed to give an idea to create a gateway between the alternate timeline and the current one in order to return to exact his vengeance on Azeroth, in a form of the Iron Horde's Dark Portal and then sent the Iron Horde in order to conquer the world. During this conflict he was eventually defeated and killed by Thrall in a mak'gora.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Talents[edit | edit source]
❢ Reward: After pulling 5 Heroes, Groundbreaker deal san additional 150 damage over 3 seconds to Heroes. After pulling 15 Heroes, reduce Groundbreaker’s cooldown by 3 seconds.
Silence nearby Heroes and force them to attack Garrosh 1.5 seconds.
Deal 50 damage to nearby enemies and Slow them by 30% for 1.5 seconds. Deals 100% more damage to Heroes, and each Hero hit reduces the cooldown by 1 second. Stores up to 3 charges.
Skins[edit | edit source]
Quotes[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Garrosh made his debut in World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade (January 2007).
- His book debut was a year later, in World of Warcraft: Beyond the Dark Portal (June 2008).
- Garrosh is voiced by David Patrick Seitz.
- Garrosh is the first orcish melee warrior hero in the game.
- He is also the only offical member of the Warsong clan in the game.
- Garrosh's name is Orcish for 'warrior's heart'.
- Garrosh's axe - Gorehowl - belonged to his father, Grommash Hellscream.
- The Shattered Hand Garrosh tint resembles a member of the Shattered Hand clan.
- Interestingly, the tattoo on the left of Garrosh's chest displays the Shattered Hand symbol.
- Garrosh is the second hero in the game who mentions that he likes to play Hearthstone, while the first one is Valeera. This could be related to the fact that Garrosh is the default Warrior hero.
- In one of Garrosh's jokes, he states that when your hand is empty, the only choice left is to "Armor Up," a reference to his Hearthstone ability and HOTS trait (what he says is actually true in context of Hearthstone's game mechanic).
- Garrosh also mentions sending Varian to his death, which is a reference to Varian being a Warrior card, meaning only Garrosh can use him in his deck.
- The Deadly Garrosh skin depicts Garrosh with blue eyes.
- The Blackrock Garrosh tint resembles a member of the Blackrock clan.
- In this tint, Garrosh's pauldrons - the Tusks of Mannoroth - will have a fire glow in the eye sockets, the wedge of Gorehowl will glow, and Garrosh's eyes, belt, boots, nostrils, and torso - sternum and spinal cord - will have a fire glow.
- Strangely, this tint doesn't display the tattoos on Garrosh's torso.
- One of Garrosh's gag quotes references the 1927 song "Ice Cream".
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Videos[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Garrosh Hero Week
- Garrosh - Heroes of the Storm
- Garrosh Hellscream. Wowpedia.
- Garrosh Build Guide on Icy Veins
- Garrosh Balance Changelog - Heroes Patch Notes
- Stories – Hellscream. World of Warcraft.
- Lore – Garrosh Hellscream. Battle.net.