We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
The free hero rotation or free-to-play hero rotation is a set of 14 Heroes playable for free in the game modes Training, Versus A.I., Quick Match, Unranked Draft and Ranked (if they are above level 5) and in Custom Games, by all players. The rotation changes every Tuesday, usually offering an entirely new selection of heroes. Access to the 11th, 12th, 13th and 14th Hero of the weekly rotation is unlocked when a player reaches level 5, 10, 15 and 20 respectively.
Current free rotation[edit | edit source]
List of previous free rotations[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- In the early Technical Alpha, the developers temporarily allowed Raynor as an additional 8th free hero, in order to ease new players' transition out of the tutorial.
- The store closed on September 22, 2014. After that, all Heroes were temporarily free to play until September 29, 2014.
- On December 8, 2015, the weekly rotation was expanded from seven to ten free Hero slots.
- From April 8 to 11, 2016, all Heroes became temporarily free to play to celebrate the Heroes of the Dorm grand final.
- On March 14, 2017, the weekly rotation was expanded from 10 to 14 Hero slots.
- On May 2, 2017, the unlockable hero slots' minimum level requirements were raised from 5, 7, 12 and 15 to 5, 10, 15 and 20 respectively, to correlate with the new hero leveling system.