Escape From Braxis (Heroic)
|Escape From Braxis (Heroic)|
The Omega Swarm is invading the realm, and it's more powerful than ever! Team up and face an even more difficult challenge.
|Release Date||December 1, 2017|
- Things are looking even worse, soldier. You’re stranded on Braxis and the UED is still overrun. The Omegaswarm has surrounded you on all sides, and your only shot at survival is to press through the onslaught, make it to the shuttle, and get off this planet. Will you fall victim to the heroic-difficulty swarm, or can you work together and Escape from Braxis?
Escape From Braxis (Heroic) is a Brawl in Heroes of the Storm. It's a modified version of Braxis Holdout and a more difficult version of Escape From Braxis — the first and only fully PvE Brawl in the game. As its normal difficulty version, this Brawl requires games to be won in order to earn the reward, and it's the first Brawl which requires only one game to be completed.
Rules[edit | edit source]
At the beginning of the Brawl, your team will have the following roster of Heroes to choose from:
- Warrior: Artanis, Arthas, Blaze, Johanna, Muradin, Sonya, Tyrael, Varian, Yrel, Zarya
- Support: Alexstrasza, Brightwing, Deckard, Kharazim, Li Li, Lt. Morales, Lúcio, Malfurion, Rehgar, Uther
- Specialist: Azmodan, Gazlowe, Sgt. Hammer, Medivh, Nazeebo, Probius, Xul
- Assassin: Cassia, Falstad, Fenix, Genji, Greymane, Gul'dan, Hanzo, Illidan, Jaina, Junkrat, Kael'thas, Kel'Thuzad, Maiev, Mephisto, Ragnaros, Raynor, Thrall, Valla, Zul'jin
- Player Death:
- When a Hero dies, they can be resurrected by Allies after a short channel time.
- If all players die, the mission is failed.
- Players start at Level 10 and have access to their full talents with a few exceptions (i.e. Bribe)
- Enemy zerg Heroes will spawn periodically throughout the brawl and will drop new active items exclusive to Escape from Braxis.
- Push through the onslaught and survive to Escape from Braxis and win the Brawl!
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
The following "zerg" heroes can be encountered over the course of the brawl. All heroes have 60% reduced damage.
- Abathur (spawns Locust Strain and uses Symbiote)
- Aberration Stitches (uses Gorge)
- Alpha Dehaka (uses Isolation)
- Anub'alisk (uses Cocoon)
- The Butcherlisk (uses Lamb of the Slaughter)
- Grunty (repeatedly spawns form his egg until it is killed)
- Infested Stukov (uses Massive Shove)
- Infested Tychus (always appears in Odin form)
- Queen of Blades (uses Maelstrom)
- Queen Zagara (uses Devouring Maw)
- Primal Diablo (uses Lightning Breath)
Other enemies include:
- Roach (has 50 Spell Armor)
- Cocoon (spawns Locust upon expiration)
- Ultralisk (has Charge ability: Ultralisk runs forward, stunning and knocking back enemies in its path for 1 second)
- Nydus Worm
- Slivan (the final boss of the brawl)
Roaches, Hydralisks and some Zerglings count as minions in terms of game mechanics.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
Successfully complete one match of Escape from Braxis (Heroic) to earn a Rare Loot Chest!
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Loading screen music is from the original StarCraft game, and it's the Zerg Briefing Room music.
- Alexstrasza, Blaze, Deckard, Fenix, Genji, Hanzo, Junkrat, Maiev, Medivh, Mephisto, Probius, Yrel and Zul'jin were all added to hero pool on November 23, 2018.
- You cannot pick any Zerg hero.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Heroes Brawl of the Week, December 1, 2017: Escape from Braxis (Heroic). Retrieved on 2017-12-02.