Escape From Braxis
|Escape From Braxis|
The Omega Swarm is invading the realm! Team up and fight your way out.
|Release Date||November 24, 2017|
- Things aren't looking great, soldier. You’re stranded on Braxis and the UEDis overrun. The Omegaswarm has surrounded you on all sides, and your only shot at survival is to press through the onslaught, make it to the extraction point, and get off this forsaken rock. Will you fall victim to the Swarm, or can you work together and Escape from Braxis?
Escape From Braxis is a Brawl in Heroes of the Storm. It's a modified version of Braxis Holdout. It was the first PvE Brawl in the game, the second being Deadman's Stand, and required that requires certain number of games to be won, instead of just playing, in order to earn the reward.
Rules[edit | edit source]
At the beginning of the Brawl, your team will have the following roster of Heroes to choose from:
- Warrior: Artanis, Arthas, Blaze, Johanna, Muradin, Sonya, Tyrael, Varian, Yrel, Zarya
- Support: Alexstrasza, Brightwing, Deckard, Kharazim, Li Li, Lt. Morales, Lúcio, Malfurion, Rehgar, Uther
- Specialist: Azmodan, Gazlowe, Sgt. Hammer, Medivh, Nazeebo, Probius, Xul
- Assassin: Cassia, Falstad, Fenix, Genji, Greymane, Gul'dan, Hanzo, Illidan, Jaina, Junkrat, Kael'thas, Kel'Thuzad, Maiev, Mephisto, Ragnaros, Raynor, Thrall, Valla, Zul'jin
- Player Death:
- When a Hero dies, they can be resurrected by Allies after a short channel time.
- If all players die, the mission is failed.
- Players start at Level 10 and have access to their full talents with a few exceptions (i.e. Bribe)
- Enemy zerg Heroes will spawn periodically throughout the brawl and will drop new active items exclusive to Escape from Braxis.
- Push through the onslaught and survive to Escape from Braxis and win the Brawl!
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
The following "zerg" heroes can be encountered over the course of the brawl. All heroes have 60% reduced damage.
- Abathur (spawns Locust Strain and uses Symbiote)
- Aberration Stitches (uses Gorge)
- Alpha Dehaka (uses Isolation)
- Anub'alisk (uses Cocoon)
- The Butcherlisk (uses Lamb of the Slaughter)
- Grunty (repeatedly spawns form his egg until it is killed)
- Infested Stukov (uses Massive Shove)
- Infested Tychus (always appears in Odin form)
- Queen of Blades (uses Maelstrom)
- Queen Zagara (uses Devouring Maw)
- Primal Diablo (uses Lightning Breath)
Other enemies include:
- Roach (has 50 Spell Armor)
- Cocoon (spawns Locust upon expiration)
- Ultralisk (has Charge ability: Ultralisk runs forward, stunning and knocking back enemies in its path for 1 second)
- Nydus Worm
- Slivan (the final boss of the brawl)
Roaches, Hydralisks and some Zerglings count as minions in terms of game mechanics.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
Complete three matches of Escape From Braxis to earn a Loot Chest!
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- If all players die when fighting against Slivan (the last boss of the mission), they'll be given a second chance.
- Alexstrasza, Blaze, Deckard, Fenix, Genji, Hanzo, Junkrat, Maiev, Medivh, Mephisto, Probius, Yrel and Zul'jin were all added to hero pool on November 16, 2018.
- The Loading screen music is from the original StarCraft game, and it's the Zerg Briefing Room music.
- You cannot pick any Zerg hero.
- This is the first Cooperative and Versus Environment Brawl.
- Escape From Braxis (Heroic) is a more difficult version of this Brawl.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Heroes Brawl of the Week, November 22, 2017: Escape from Braxis. Retrieved on 2017-11-24.