We are currently performing an upgrade to our software. This upgrade will bring MediaWiki from version 1.31 to 1.33. While the upgrade is being performed on your wiki it will be in read-only mode. For more information check here.
Most heroes have a resource that limits how frequently they can use abilities, in addition to the cooldowns for individual abilities. A hero cannot use an ability without having the required amount of his or her resource. Resources are displayed just below the heroes' health bar, both on the bottom-left of the screen by the heroes' portrait, and directly above the heroes' model.
Types of Resources[edit | edit source]
Mana[edit | edit source]
Most heroes use Mana. It has a maximum of 500 at level 1, plus 10 per level up, to a maximum of 790 at level 30. A hero's mana restores over time based on their mana regen, and a hero cannot use an ability if they do not have enough mana to fulfill its mana cost. Mana regenerates constantly at a rate of 3 per second at level 1, plus 0.0976 per level up, to a maximum of 5.8304 per second at level 30. Heroes can also pick up Regeneration Globes that restore 7% of maximum Mana over 5 seconds.
Mana is used as a way to add another layer of depth to sustain. There is little counterplay to heroes that can poke at the enemy with no repercussions, but if they use their abilities too much they can run out of mana giving the opponent a chance to take advantage of their weakness. Sometimes it is best for heroes to hold onto their abilities for when you really need them so they don't go "out of mana" (OOM).
Unique Resources[edit | edit source]
- Valeera uses Energy that caps out at 100, and is consumed to use abilities. Energy regenerates at the rate of 10 per second but is consumed very rapidly, so many of her talents can grant increased Energy regen.
- Deathwing uses Energy that caps out at 100, and is consumed to use abilities. Energy regenerates at the rate of 5 per second even while using abilities, and is spent much less frequently than Valeera. Most of Deathwing's Energy is used to channel his powerful Molten Flame ability. Some talents reduce Energy costs.
- Chen uses Brew that caps out at 100, and is consumed to use abilities. It does not increase or decrease passively, and is regenerated by channeling his Trait which grants 25 Brew and then 30 Brew per second while channeling.
- Sonya uses Fury that caps out at 100, and is consumed to use most of her abilities. It does not decrease passively, and 6 fury is generated from each basic attack or 2 fury each time she takes damage. She can also gain Fury by hitting enemies with Ancient Spear or through certain Talent selections.
- Lt. Morales uses Energy that caps out at 100, and most of her abilities have no cost. Energy is spent by her Healing Beam ability which constantly drains Energy to heal a target ally, and if she does not channel Healing Beam for 2 seconds Energy is regenerated at the rate of 6 per second. Talents can add an ability that drains energy to heal herself, or allow her to regenerate energy through hitting enemies with attacks or abilities.
- Auriel uses Energy that scales with her level, and most of her abilities have no cost. Energy starts empty and is generated based on the damage dealt by her or the ally affected by her Trait Bestow Hope. The only ability that interacts with her resource is Ray of Heaven which consumes all stored Energy to heal allied heroes in an AoE based on the Energy consumed. The more Energy she has, the stronger the healing effect. Talents cause Ray of Heaven to only partially drain Energy, and can also increase the max size of her Energy pool.
- Zarya uses Energy that caps out at 100, and all her abilities have no cost. Energy starts empty and is generated by absorbing damage with her Personal Barrier and Shield Ally abilities, at the rate of 1 energy for every 10 damage absorbed scaling with levels. Each point of Energy increases Zarya's damage by 2%, meaning at high Energy she deals 300% damage with abilities and basic attacks. After .5 seconds her Energy decays at the rate of 3 per second causing her to lose all energy after 33 seconds. She has many talents that interact with her Energy, whether it be by increasing the generation rate, granting special effects while at high energy, or allowing Energy to go above 100 by fulfilling certain requirements.
No resource[edit | edit source]
There are a few heroes that have no resource cost at all. These heroes are generally restricted by cooldowns or other features. Some heroes have a certain ability with an important cooldown that is shown where resources would usually be shown.
- The Lost Vikings
- Neither head of Cho'gall uses a resource.
- Junkrat has his grenade's ammunition count displayed on his resource bar.
- D.Va has her Self Destruct or Call Mech cooldown displayed on her resource bar.
- Fenix has his Shield Capacitor Shields displayed on top of his health bar.
- Tracer has her basic attack's ammo displayed on her resource bar.
|Attack_||Basic Attack ( Attack Range • Attack Speed) • Ability (Resource ( Mana) Spell Power • Cooldown)|
|Defense_||Health • Health Regeneration • Healing (Healing modifier • Lifesteal) • Shield • Armor|
|Buffs_||Absorbing • Evade • Healing • Invulnerable • Parry • Protected • Stasis • Stealth • Shields • Unkillable • Unstoppable • Untargetable|
|Debuffs_||Attack Slow • Blind • Crowd control • Damage over Time • Knockback • Revealed • Root • Silence ( Fear • Mind Control • Polymorph • Taunt) • Slow • Stun ( Sleep) • Time Stopped|