|First Objective||1:30 minutes|
|Subsequent Objectives||3:00 minutes after both chests break|
|Release Date||March 13, 2014|
- The ghost pirate Blackheart has staked his claim upon the realm of Mistharbor. His raucous undead pirate crew has poured onto the streets, claiming the once thriving marketplace as their new den of vice and villainy.
Blackheart's Bay is a three-lane battleground with a dock's theme set on Mistharbor. Its unique objective is Blackheart's ghostship that will bombard enemy buildings if a team can gain the ghostly pirate's favor by collecting doubloons. Players can expect consistent clashes between the two teams because of the coordinated effort to manage doubloons alongside the normal map elements such as mercenary camps.
The first Doubloon Chest spawns 90 seconds into the match, following a 30-second warning. Doubloon Chests will consistently spawn 3 minutes after the final Chest of the previous event has been captured.
Map layout[edit | edit source]
The "Blackheart's Bay" battleground has three lanes with all of the objectives located near the middle and top lanes.
Points of interest[edit | edit source]
- Watchtower - one watchtowers located between top and middle lane grants vision between the lane and mitigates the vision impairment caused by the tall grass.
- Mercenary camps - there are nine mercenary camps to be recruited in this battleground:
- Siege giants - two siege giants siege mercenary camps near the bottom lane.
- Knights - two knight bruiser located near the top lane and one at the bottom lane.
- Grave Golem - one Grave Golem boss near the middle of the top lane.
- Skeleton Pirates - four Skeleton Pirate camps located two near the chest that players pay the doubloon and two located between the top and middle lane.
- Capturing a mercenary camp give two doubloons.
- Doubloon chest spawning points - two spawning points located at the central of the map.
Unique objective[edit | edit source]
The secondary objective revolves around gaining the favor of Blackheart to bombard the enemy base.
Collect Doubloons[edit | edit source]
There are four main ways to obtain doubloons: Treasure chests, Doubloon camps, Mercenary camps and stealing them from enemy heroes.
- Treasure Chest: The first Doubloon Chest spawns 90 seconds into the match, following a 30-second warning. Treasure chests will spawn at the center of the map, one at near middle lane and one at bottom lane. The chests can be attacked which will make them drop doubloons, when a chest is attacked enough times, it explodes and drops even more doubloons. These chests give a total of 5 doubloons, making them an important objective for teams to pay attention to. Doubloon Chests will consistently spawn 3 minutes after the final Chest of the previous event has been captured.
- Doubloon Camps: There are two camps with Skeleton pirates that are easily captured - one on each side of the map - between the middle and bottom lanes. These camps are very easily captured and do not grant mercenaries when defeated but do grant 2 Doubloons.
- Mercanary Camps: The mercanary camps are closer to the each base, they are easy to kill but only grant two doubloons. There are two doubloon granting neutral camps of each side of the map.
- Enemy Heroes: Heroes need to grab and hold the doubloons by walking over them but when they die, all of the doubloons that they held are dropped to allow other heroes to pick them up.
Turn in Doubloons[edit | edit source]
At the center of the map, Blackheart and his ship wait for heroes to bring him doubloons. Heroes must channel for 8 seconds near Blackheart in order to give him doubloons. If the player is damaged while channeling, the channeling is interrupted. A team must give Blackheart 10 doubloons to have cannonballs attack enemy team structures. Subsequent turn-ins for that team require 2 more doubloons.
Bombard Your Enemies[edit | edit source]
- When Blackheart is assisting a team, he will despawn from the battlefield for 40 seconds and bombard enemy buildings to help destroy them. After 12 shots, Blackheart returns to being neutral and the doubloon count resets to 0 for the side that just got Blackheart.
- Cannonballs each deal 2,815 damage directly to structures. Cannonballs deal 750 splash damage to everything in a small radius around the impact.
- The Cannonball attack order is:
- Outer mid lane
- Outer top lane
- Outer bot lane
- Inner mid lane
- Inner top lane
- Inner bot lane
- The first cannonball volley of the game (regardless of which side fires first) follows special rules if it attacks an outer lane. It will always attack the external towers and gate first before moving onto the fountain and inner tower, then finally the fort.
- Within the outer lanes, the cannonball will randomly target the external towers, gate, fountain and inner tower. After that, they will target the fort. Within the inner lanes, the cannonball will randomly target the external towers, gate, and fountain, then randomly target the inner tower and keep. It may be advantageous to destroy inner towers so cannonballs focus the keeps.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Booty Coffers is a Brawls set on a modified version of Blackheart's Bay.
- Captain Blackheart's Treasure is a Tavern Braw whithin the digital card game of Hearthstone'. Notably, one of Blackheart's quotes - "Treasure for everyone! ...but mostly for me." - matches almost exactly the Brawl's introductory text, "The Captain left treasure for EVERYONE, but mostly for you!"
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Videos[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Blackheart's Bay - Official site
- Blackheart's Bay Changelog - Heroes Patch Notes
- Blackheart's Bay Sound Files - Sounds of the Storm
|In Rotation_||Alterac Pass • Battlefield of Eternity • Blackheart's Bay • Braxis Holdout • Cursed Hollow • Dragon Shire • Garden of Terror • Hanamura Temple • Infernal Shrines • Sky Temple • Tomb of the Spider Queen • Towers of Doom • Volskaya Foundry • Warhead Junction|
|Custom Mode Only_||Haunted Mines • Lost Cavern|