Being targeted by a displacement can be prevented by having Unstoppable status, however, a displacement cannot be removed, if the target is already affected by it.
Daze[edit | edit source]
Daze is an additional debuff effect that many displacements have. Daze prevents the target from acting, similar to a Stun, for the duration of the effect. Displacements that daze can interrupt stationary channeled abilities, like E.T.C.'s Mosh Pit, but not mobile channeled abilities, like Li Li's Jug of 1,000 Cups or Azmodan's All Shall Burn.
Creating unpathable terrain that displaces someone (e.g. Tassadar's "Force Wall") does not count as a daze and will not cancel a stationary channeled ability. Some abilities that daze also have a Stun as an added effect like Muradin's Haymaker, which applies a full stun to the primary target before knocking them back, allowing it to also cancel mobile channels.
List of Displacement abilities[edit | edit source]
Displacement abilities that daze[edit | edit source]
- All Knockback abilities apply daze.
- Anduin's trait, "Leap of Faith", pulls the target ally to him, briefly dazing them.
- Artanis' ability, "Phase Prism", dazes the target until positions are swapped.
- Diablo's ability, "Overpower", flips the target enemy to the opposite side of Diablo.
- Garrosh's ability, "Wrecking Ball", dazes the thrown enemy.
- His level 7 talent, "Into the Fray", allows him to throw an ally, similar to "Wrecking Ball" on a separate cooldown.
Displacement abilities that do not daze[edit | edit source]
- Chromie's heroic ability, "Temporal Loop", teleports the target after 3 seconds to the location it was upon cast.
- Tassadar's heroic Ability "Black Hole", slowly pulls enemies in its outer area towards its center.
- Sand Golem's and Sky Temple's Core's ability, "Whirling Sands", creates tornadoes, which push back enemies that come in contact with them
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Prior to the Eternal Conflict all displacement effects were treated as stuns and would fully interrupt any form of channeled ability. This was changed with the patch on 7/27/2015 that added dazes as their own effect separate from stuns.
See also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
|Attack_||Basic Attack ( Attack Range • Attack Speed) • Ability (Resource ( Mana) Spell Power • Cooldown)|
|Defense_||Health • Health Regeneration • Healing (Healing modifier • Lifesteal) • Shield • Armor|
|Buffs_||Absorbing • Evade (Parry) • Healing • Invulnerable • Protected • Stasis • Stealth • Shields • Unkillable • Unstoppable • Untargetable|
|Debuffs_||Attack Slow • Blind • Crowd control • Damage over Time • Knockback • Revealed • Root • Silence ( Fear • Mind Control • Polymorph • Taunt) • Slow • Stun ( Sleep) • Time Stopped|