A Dash is a type of a Movement ability: an ability, which can reposition a unit to a different location by moving towards it at high speed. It forces your unit to move to a certain location or direction, and is generally reliant on certain conditions being met such as activation of an ability or being in range. This is different from simply relying on a heroes' Movement Speed to walk to a location in that it generally happens much faster, and is completely unaffected by a Slow effect. Many dashes require a target to leap onto and cannot be used alone.
Getting Rooted prevents using a Dash-type ability, and can interrupt already initiated Dashes midway. Stuns and Knockbacks also interrupt Dashes. Dash-type abilities can not travel over unpathable terrain; Upon targeting a point or unit on the other side of terrain, the unit will try to go around it or stops at the closest point of the target.
List of Dashes[edit | edit source]
Abilities[edit | edit source]
- Artanis' ability Twin Blades empowers his next Basic Attack to dash to the target and hit twice.
- His level 20 talent Zealot Charge increases the range.
- Blaze's ability Jet Propulsion dashes him in the target direction after a delay. If he hits an enemy hero he stops damaging and stunning enemies nearby.
- Cassia's ability Fend charges her at the target enemy then channels dealing damage to enemies in a cone in front of her.
- Cho's ability Surging Fist can be channeled to increase the range, upon reactivation dashes in the target direction damaging and knocking away enemies in the path.
- Deathwing's ability Onslaught dashes him in the target direction after a delay, damaging slowing enemies hit and delivering a bite for extra damage.
- E.T.C.'s ability Powerslide dashes him in the target direction, damaging and stunning enemies hit.
- Gall's mount Shove pushes Cho in the target direction slightly and grants him movement speed.
- Greymane's Worgen form ability Razor Swipe dashes him slightly in the target direction dealing damage to enemies in front of him.
- Greymane's Worgen form ability Disengage dashes him in the target direction, turning him into Human form.
- Illidan's ability Sweeping Strikes dashes him slightly in the target direction dealing damage to enemies in the path.
- Mal'Ganis' ability Fel Claws dashes him slightly in the target direction and can be used up to three times, with the third time stunning enemies.
- Orphea's ability Shadow Waltz causes her next movement to be a dash if it hits an enemy hero.
- Qhira's trait Grappling Hook pulls her to the terrain or the first enemy hero it hits.
- Tracer's ability Blink dashes her a short distance in the target direction.
- Tychus' ability Run and Gun dashes him a short distance in the target direction.
- His level 1 talent Dash increases the range once the quest completes.
- Valeera's ability Sinister Strike dashes her a short distance in the target direction dealing damage to enemies in the path. If it hits a hero she stops but the cooldown is reduced to 1s.
- Her level 7 talent Mutilate reduces the range but increases the damage.
- Valla's ability Vault dashes her in the target direction and empowers her next attack to deal bonus damage for each stack of her Trait.
- Her level 7 talent Death Dealer empowers the basic attack's damage and causes it to reset the cooldown of Vault if it kills the target.
- Varian's ability Charge dashes him towards the target enemy dealing damage and slowing them.
- His level 10 talent Warbringer reduces the cooldown and mana cost significantly and allows targeting allied Heroes.
Heroics[edit | edit source]
- Genji's heroic ability Dragonblade can be reactivated to repeatedly to dash slightly in the target direction, dealing damage to enemies in front of him.
- Tychus' heroic ability Commandeer Odin has an active ability Thrusters that dashes him in the target direction.
Talented[edit | edit source]
- Azmodan's level 16 talent Trample dashes him in the target direction dealing damage to enemies in the path and slowing them.
- D.Va's level 16 talent Torpedo Dash dashes her in the target direction while in Pilot form.
- Kel'thuzad's level 20 talent Shifting Malice dashes him in the target direction dealing damage to enemies in the path, cooldown resets upon takedown.