From Heroes of the Storm Wiki
References to Darkness are a running joke that began in Warcraft III and continues in Heroes of the Storm.
Warcraft III[edit | edit source]
- Demon Hunter: "Darkness called... But I was on the phone, so I missed him. I tried to *69-Darkness, but his machine picked up. I yelled "Pick up the phone, Darkness!," but he ignored me. Darkness must have been screening his calls."
- Dreadlord: (phone rings) "Yes? Darkness, hey, what's up? The Demon Hunter left you a message? No, I don't have his number."
- Tichondrius: "Darkness... needs to get DSL. His line is always busy."
- Arthas: "Who is this "Darkness" anyway?"
Heroes of the Storm[edit | edit source]
- Arthas: "Darkness stopped calling. It's alright, though. We're still friends through Real ID."
- Crown Prince Arthas: (phone rings) "I'm sorry, I have to take this." (answers the phone) "Darkness! How's it - wait, what? Oh. Yeah, there're a lot of demon hunters now, that was bound to happen. I agree, I agree, it's very confusing. L-look, I gotta go, I'm in the middle of a thing here. Yeah, yeah, no, we'll hang out soon. Okay, bye."
- Illidan: (text message sounds) "Hold on. Darkness just texted me."
- Leoric: "Darkness follows me. I follow him too, but he doesn't post much."
- Space Lord Leoric: "Never underestimate the power of the darkness. Seriously, don't. Darkness gets all passive aggressive about it. Leaves little sticky notes everywhere."
- Li-Ming: "I once cast magic missile into the darkness. Boy was he sore about it."
- Malfurion: "I sense darkness in the dreamways. You know, I haven't seen him in a while. I should go say hello."
- Valla: (Tristram music ringtone) "Hello? Who is this? I don't know any "Darkness". Look, I think you've got the wrong demon hunter. Yeah. Yeah, good bye."
- Zeratul: "Darkness is my ally... but we keep it casual. The Void is a jealous mistress."
- Gul'dan: "Poke not the darkness, lest the darkness poke you."
- Gul'dan: "I am Darkness Incarnate! Soon you shall all-" (phone ringing) "Always the worst timing. I'm so sorry, hold on... Who is this? Darkness who? Oh. Umm... hmm... okay. I'm being sued for trademark infringement. Now that's evil."
- Kel'Thuzad: "The darkness guides me. <beat> He's the only one with GPS after all."
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Li-Ming's comment about casting magic missile into the darkness is a reference to the 1996 D&D sketch by the Dead Alewives.