Currency is the multiple means by which players may purchase various cosmetic items and Heroes within Heroes of the Storm.
- Gold: used to purchase Heroes and Loot Chest re-rolls.
- Gems: used to purchase Heroes, Bundles, Loot Chests, Stimpacks, and Featured Items.
- Additional Gems can be purchased using real money in the Gem Shop.
- Enter the Gem Shop by clicking the “+” button found next to the Gem counter added to the top navigation bar in the game’s menus.
- Players are awarded 1000 Gems at Player Level 5 and occasionally receive more through progression
- Featured items rotate regularly
- Shards: crafting material that can be collected and used to forge Heroes, Skins, Mounts, Announcers, Banners, Emoji packs, Sprays, Portraits, and Voice Lines.
- Varying amounts of Shards can appear as Loot Chest drops.
- Any duplicate items received in a Loot Chest will automatically fragment into Shards.