Cleanse is a generic talent, usually found on support Heroes, that allows its user to remove disables from a target ally. Against teams with heavy crowd control it is an invaluable tool, as timing it with the enemy's high-impact abilities can deny them most of their strength. It can also be used offensively, for example cleansing an E.T.C. using "Mosh Pit" to prevent the enemies from interrupting it or on a chasing ally to prevent them being stopped by the enemy's crowd control abilities. Because of its strength it has gone through many iterations over time, and most of the Heroes with access to Cleanse have had it modified or removed completely from their talent trees.
In common speech, terms "hard Cleanse" and "soft Cleanse" are often used to differentiate, whether the cleansing effect also grants the target Unstoppable for a brief duration, like the generic talent, or only removes disabling effects from them respectively.
Heroes with Cleanse[edit | edit source]
Base Version[edit | edit source]
Modified Version[edit | edit source]
- "Pure" Cleanse that grants Unstoppable
- Kharazim's level 16 talent "Cleansing Touch" causes Radiant Dash to make the target allied Hero Unstoppable for 1 second.
- Li Li's level 7 talent "Let's Go!" grants an allied Hero Unstoppable for 1 second and are heals them for a small amount.
- Uther's level 7 talent "Hand of Protection" grants an allied Hero Unstoppable for 1 second. Basic attacks reduce the cooldown of the ability by 5 seconds.
- Whitemane's level 7 talent "Intercession" grants an allied Hero Unstoppable for 1 second, but Whitemane gains 1 stack of Desperation.
- Whitemane's level 20 Heroic upgrade "Scarlet Crusade" causes Scarlet Aegis grant affected allied Heroes Unstoppable for 2 seconds.
- Post-factum CC Removal
- Ana's level 13 talent, "Smelling Salts", causes Healing Dart to remove all Stuns from the allied Heroes it hits and grants 50 armor for 2 seconds when doing so.
- Her level 13 talent, "Purifying Darts", causes Healing Dart to remove all Slows and Roots from the allied Heroes it hits and heals them for 20% more when doing so.
- Brightwing's trait, "Soothing Mist", when active removes all Stuns, Roots, Slows and Silences from all nearby allies.
- Lunara's level 13 talent, "Abolish Magic", removes all damage over time and disabling effects from Lunara and a target ally, and reduces the duration of disabling effects by 50% for 2 seconds after.
- Malfurion's level 7, "Nature's Cure", removes all Stuns Roots and Slows from all allies affected by Regrowth.
- Tyrande's level 7, talent "Celestial Attunement", causes Light of Elune remove Stuns, Slows and Silences from the target.
- Yrel's level 4 talent, "Hand of Freedom", removes Slows and Roots from an allied Hero.
- Zarya's level 16, "Cleansing Shield", causes "Shield Ally" to remove all disabling effects from the target upon cast.
Removed[edit | edit source]
These heroes no longer have Cleanse as a talent option.