Bolt of the Storm
Bolt of the Storm is a active generic level 20 Talent that allows for a strong burst in mobility. It can be used as an easy escape, but is also very effective at closing the gap between enemies. Heroes like ETC can teleport into the middle of a team for a clutch Mosh Pit, while heroes like Jaina or The Butcher that have difficulty dealing with highly mobile enemies can use it either as an escape or a way to catch them by surprise. The ability was mainly used as a second escape for a long time, but then Blizzard added a patch that removed Bolt from a couple heroes and then added unique versions to others in order to encourage offensive plays.
Heroes with Bolt of the Storm[edit | edit source]
Base Version[edit | edit source]
Base version of Bolt of the Storm has 7.2 range.
Modified Version[edit | edit source]
- Alarak's level 20 talent "Last Laugh" removes all Root, Slow, and DoT effects upon teleporting, but if he fails to hit heroes 3 times with Basic Abilities his health is reduced to 1 after 4 seconds. 30s cooldown.
- Diablo's level 20 talent "Hellgate" creates an Apocalypse rune at the teleport location. 90s cooldown.
- Jaina's level 20 talent "Ice Blink" has shorter range, but Chills all enemies near the teleport location. 60s cooldown.
- Kerrigan's level 20 talent "Psionic Shift" has shorter range but deals minor damage to enemies near the teleport location and grants a Shield equal to 300% of damage dealt. 70s cooldown.
- Thrall's level 20 talent "Wind Rush" grants him Windfury upon teleportation. 80s cooldown.
Removed[edit | edit source]
These heroes no longer have Bolt of the Storm as a talent option:
References[edit | edit source]