Blind is a debuff (a negative effect) that causes the Blinded unit's Basic Attacks (dealing damage of any type) and Abilities dealing Physical damage to miss for a set period of time. As a consequence, such attacks will not apply any additional effects to the target.
This can either be a minor annoyance or devastating depending on which hero is Blinded. Some Heroes are designed around their ability to do damage through Basic Attacks rather than Abilities. Heroes like Illidan, Butcher, Raynor, Hammer live or die based on their ability to land Basic Attacks. If you remove these Heroes Basic Attack they suffer greatly. Illidan and Butcher can't heal, Raynor, Hammer (and sometimes Valla) do much reduced damage. Other Heroes, typically Mages like Jaina and Kael'Thas do very little auto attack damage because most of their damage is done through Abilities.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
- Artanis' level 10 heroic ability, "Suppression Pulse", blinds enemies hit for 4 seconds.
- Cassia's ability, "Blinding Light", blinds enemies hit for 2 seconds.
- Johanna's ability, "Shield Glare", blinds enemies hit for 1.5 seconds.
- Her level 7 talent, "Zealous Glare", increases the duration of "Shield Glare" to 2 seconds. Johanna's basic attacks against heroes with "Shield Glare" increase its duration by 1 second, up to a maximum of 3.
- Li Li's ability, "Blinding Wind", blinds the 2 nearest enemies for 1.5 seconds, prioritizing heroes.
- Her level 13 talent, "Gale Force", increases the duration of "Blinding Wind" to 2.25 seconds.
- Her level 13 talent, "Mass Vortex", increases the number of enemies "Blinding Wind" can hit to 3.
- Mei's ability, "Snow Blind", blinds enemies hit for 1.5 seconds.
- Valeera's ability "Cheap Shot", blinds the target for 2 seconds once the Stun expires.
- Her level 13 talent, "Blind", increases the blind duration of "Cheap Shot" to 4.5 seconds.
Talents[edit | edit source]
- Auriel's level 13 talent, "Blinding Flash", adds an additional effect to her "Sacred Sweep" ability, blinding enemies hit by the center area for 2.25 seconds.
- Deckard's level 20 talent, "Respect the Elderly", adds an additional effect to his "Stay Awhile and Listen" heroic ability, blinding enemy heroes upon awaking from Sleep for 2 seconds.
Counter Abilities[edit | edit source]
- Becoming Unstoppable, Invulnerable or entering Stasis cancels all blind effects and makes the hero immune to blinds for their duration.
|Attack_||Basic Attack ( Attack Range • Attack Speed) • Ability (Resource ( Mana) Spell Power • Cooldown)|
|Defense_||Health • Health Regeneration • Healing (Healing modifier • Lifesteal) • Shield • Armor|
|Buffs_||Absorbing • Evade (Parry) • Healing • Invulnerable • Protected • Stasis • Stealth • Shields • Unkillable • Unstoppable • Untargetable|
|Debuffs_||Attack Slow • Blind • Crowd control • Damage over Time • Knockback • Revealed • Root • Silence ( Fear • Mind Control • Polymorph • Taunt) • Slow • Stun ( Sleep) • Time Stopped|