|Price||750 / 15,000|
|Release Date||January 9, 2018|
Corporal Miles "Blaze" Lewis, the Veteran Firebat, is a ranged Warrior hero from the StarCraft universe. He has always been drawn to the flame, but it wasn't until he joined up with Raynor's Raiders that he put his pyromania to good use. He's seen his fair share of battles since then, and has never failed to bring the heat.
Blaze is a dual-incinerator cannon wielding Warrior who excels at area-of-effect damage and locking down an area of the battlefield. Get ready to fire it up!
Background[edit | edit source]This section concerns content exclusive to the StarCraft universe.
Lewis's infatuation with fire began in his childhood. Later in life, he had the opportunity to join Raynor's Raiders and fight for the future of the Terran Dominion. He hesitated, but when he learned he could become a firebat, that sealed the deal. His tendency for pyromania earned him the nickname "Blaze." After the fall of Arcturus Mengsk, Lewis joined the Dominion Armed Forces. He heard of the disappearance of Jim Raynor after the End War, and wondered what happened to his former commander.
Firebats are "armored assault troopers," often attached to provide support for marine squads. Particularly devastating in close quarters combat, they're typically armed with dual arm-mounted flame throwers and wear heat-resistant fireproof armor similar to those used by marines, although heavier.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
Blaze is a ranged Tank who specializes in initiating fights and dealing area damage by spreading his flames.
Strength[edit | edit source]
Weaknesses[edit | edit source]
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Talents[edit | edit source]
Activate to gain 100% Attack Speed and 25% Movement Speed for 5 seconds.
Activate to gain a Shield that absorbs 450 damage over 5 seconds.
Activate to gain 50 Mana and cause Ability cooldowns to recharge 100% faster for 5 seconds.
❢ Quest: Collect 15 Regeneration Globes.
❢ Reward: Pyromania grants Unstoppable for 2 seconds.
❢ Reward: Increase Oil Spill's Ignite duration by 2 seconds, and damage by 25%.
After 0.5 seconds, deploy and enter a Bunker with 1300 Health. Blaze and his allies can enter and exit the Bunker at will. While in the Bunker, occupants gain access to Flamethrower, dealing 179 damage to enemies in a line.
Exiting the Bunker grants 25 Armor for 2 seconds. Bunkers last 10 seconds, or until destroyed.
Channel for up to 2.6 seconds. Upon ending, Slow nearby enemies by 60% and deal 48 damage to them every 0.5 seconds. Combustion's Slow and damage over time duration is extended the longer Blaze Channels, from 1 second up to 5 seconds.
Blaze's Movement Speed is reduced by 50% while Channeling.
Activate to gain 50 Spell Armor for 3 seconds. Upon expiration, gain a Shield equal to 100% of the Spell Damage reduced by Juggernaut Plating.
Skins[edit | edit source]
| Blaze Skins|
|Backstory: Cpl. Miles "Blaze" Lewis has always been drawn to the flame, but it wasn't until he joined up with Raynor's Raiders that he put his pyromania to good use. He's seen his fair share of battles since then, and has never failed to bring the heat.|
750 / 15,000
|Backstory: After much experimentation, mo'arg engineers have succeeded in miniaturizing the fel reaver's design and fusing it with a captive sentient soul. The results are quite promising.|
|Features: Altered voice-over.|
|Notes: This skin theme is part of a shared theme of other universes merging into Warcraft skins.|
Portraits[edit | edit source]
| Blaze Portraits|
Sprays[edit | edit source]
| Blaze Sprays|
Light It Up!
Emojis[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Firebat was shown at the Heroes of the Storm Character Design Panel during BlizzCon 2015 as a possible candidate for inclusion.
- However, Firebats made their debut in StarCraft (March 1998).
- Blaze's teaser video, "Need a Light?" was produced by Rocket Jump, a hybrid studio/production company led by Freddie Wong.
- Blaze is voiced by Kevin Michael Richardson.
- Blaze is the third StarCraft hero with a military title, the first two being Sgt. Hammer and Lt. Morales.
- Blaze is the third StarCraft warrior hero in the game, the first two being Artanis and Dehaka.
- Blaze is the nineteenth warrior hero in the game.
- Blaze is the sixteenth StarCraft hero in the game.
- He is also the seventh ranged StarCraft hero in the game.
- Blaze is the only terran warrior hero in the game.
- One of Blaze's gag quotes references the line "I love the smell of napalm in the morning" from the 1979 war film "Apocolypse Now".
Gallery[edit | edit source]
General[edit | edit source]
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Videos[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- BlizzHeroes. (2017, December 21). Heroes of the Storm: Need a Light?. Twitter. Retrieved on 2017-12-21.
- Blaze Spotlight – Heroes of the Storm
- Blaze Quotations
- StarCraft Wiki: Firebat
- YouTube - Heroes of the Storm : BlizzCon 2015 Hero Deep Dive (HD), accessed on 2015-11-07
- Heroes of the Storm - Firebat Reveal + Vancouver!
[edit | edit source]
- Blaze - Heroes of the Storm
- Miles Lewis - StarCraft Wiki
- Blaze Build Guide on Icy Veins
- Blaze Balance Changelog - Heroes Patch Notes