We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
|Title||Lord of Sin|
|Price||300 / 2,000|
|Release Date||October 7, 2014|
Azmodan, the Lord of Sin, is a ranged specialist hero from the Diablo universe. The Lord of Sin rules over a densely populated land of hell where both the greatest joys and despair, and the deepest depravities can be experienced. But it is never enough for Azmodan, who has set his eyes on the realm of Sanctuary.
Azmodan uses spells to deny enemy safe places to hide. Summons demons to fight for him.
Background[edit | edit source]This section concerns content exclusive to Diablo universe.
Azmodan, the Lord of Sin, is one of the four Lesser Evils which make up the seven Great Evils. After the events of the Sin War, Azmodan, together with Belial, banished the Three to Sanctuary when they realized the Three were planning to break the pact Hell had made with Heaven. This began the time known as the Dark Exile. Shortly thereafter, a civil war broke out between the two Lesser Evils, which Azmodan quickly won. He has ruled Hell for the last 300 years to this day. He is also the ruler of the Realm of Sin in the Burning Hells.
During the Black Soulstone cinematic first revealed at Blizzcon 2011, it is revealed that it is Azmodan who is invading Sanctuary during the events of Diablo III. The reason is because he seeks the Black Soulstone, with which he intends to become "The Prime Evil".
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Talents[edit | edit source]
❢ Reward: Enemy Minions that die increase its damage by 2.
❢ Reward: Enemy Heroes that die increase its damage by 10.
Maximum bonus damage of 500.
❢ Reward: After hitting 25 Heroes, the range of Globe of Annihilation is increased by 33% and its damage is increased by an additional 100.
Activate to curse an enemy Hero, dealing 247.5 (+4% per level) damage over 8 seconds. Minion kills reduce this cooldown by 10 seconds. Can be cast while channeling All Shall Burn.
Rain a small army of Demonic Grunts down on enemies, dealing 104 (+4% per level) damage per impact. Demon Grunts deal 51 (+4% per level) damage and have 365 (+4% per level) health.
Create a pool that empowers Azmodan, his Demons, and allied Minions, increasing their Basic Attack and Ability damage by 75%. Pools last 5 seconds. Stores up to 2 charges.
Activate to teleport to a nearby location.
Skins[edit | edit source]
| Azmodan Skins|
|Backstory: The Lord of Sin rules over a densely populated land of hell where both the greatest joys and despair, and the deepest depravities can be experienced. But it is never enough for Azmodan, who has set his eyes on the realm of Sanctuary.|
300 / 2,000
Lord of Sin
|Backstory: Gul'dan could feel the demon's blood coursing through his veins... Mannoroth's gift once set the orcs on their path, now Azmodan's gift would make them unstoppable.|
|Features: Themed abilities.|
|Notes: This skin theme is part of a shared theme of other universes merging into Warcraft skins.|
|Backstory: In the deepest recesses of the Inferno lies the Burning Court, a realm with a single edict set by the first Hoop-Lord: "Though shalt slam with the best, or thou jammest with the rest."|
|Features: Replaced voice-over, themed abilities, custom portrait, themed mount.|
|Notes: This skin theme is part of a shared theme of sports skins.|
|Backstory: The Demon Lord Azmodan is no stranger to opulence and grandeur. In fact, greed and pride are among his favorite sins.|
Mounts[edit | edit source]
Azmodan's default mount is "Flames of Wrath", a state where his legs emit fire and he moves more quickly. He is otherwise limited to mounts he can stand on (such as Blackheart's Doubloon, Champion's Nexagon, Championship Banner, Hearthstone Card, Magic Carpet, Star Chariot, and Void Speeder).
- Backstory: As the Lord of Sin, Azmodan can draw upon each of its various vices. Once his wrath is unleashed, there are few creatures that can outrun it.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Azmodan was mentioned in Diablo (1996), but did not make an in-game appearance until Diablo III (2012).
- Azmodan is voiced by David Sobolov.
- Azmodan was one of the three heroes revealed at Gamescom 2014.
- Azmodan is the largest hero in the game.
- One of Azmodan's gag quotes ("Nephalems and Woozles") refers to "Heffalumps and Woozles" from Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day.
- Despite being classified as a 'Lesser Evil', Azmodan is extremely powerful and has long warred with Diablo for dominance over the Burning Hells. Their rivalry eventually led Azmodan to stage a successful coup d'etat against Diablo, ending in Diablo's exile from the Burning Hells and beginning the events of the original Diablo game.
- Azmodan was designed to match his reputation as a masterful (although overconfident) military commander and tactician of Hell. Although he went through many iterations on his individual abilities, Azmodan stayed a specialist hero during development. The developers made sure he would focus on pushing down enemy forts with summoned units, bombarding enemies from afar with siege abilities, or conscripting mercenary camps. They wanted to do Azmodan the justice of being powerful in his own right, strength that a true Lord of Hell would deserve. In Heroes of the Storm, Azmodan is certainly able to wade into the thick of battle himself: he's got more health than any other specialist currently, and his All Shall Burn ability is excellent for focused damage on enemy heroes and structures. Obviously Azmodan prefers going into battle with an army of minions and mercenaries at his back, but whatever the situation, he won't be going down without a fight.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
General[edit | edit source]
The Blizzard DOTA models of Azmodan and various other heroes
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Azmodunk[edit | edit source]
Portraits[edit | edit source]
Awarded for completing the AzmoDUNK Brawl weekly brawl.
Sprays[edit | edit source]
Videos[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- 2013-11-09, Heroes Skin Showcase - Heroes of the Storm - Blizzcon 2013. YouTube, accessed on 2013-12-01
- 2014-03-18, Hero Interaction Strings - Introduction Questions, accessed on 2014-03-18
- 2011-10-23, BlizzCon 2011 - Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm and Blizzard DOTA - Art & Technology Panel (Full). YouTube, accessed on 2011-11-07
- Legendary Skin: Azmodunk
- The Voices of Diablo III, Part One
- 2014-08-13, New Heroes Revealed at Gamescom 2014, accessed on 2014-08-13
- Developer Insights: Azmodan Tells All
- Rule the Court with Azmodunk
[edit | edit source]
- Developer Insights: Azmodan Tells All
- Azmodan Hero Week
- Azmodan - Heroes of the Storm
- Azmodan Balance Changelog - Heroes Patch Notes
- Azmodan - Diablo Wiki
- Azmodan Build Guide on Icy Veins
- Azmodan Sound Files