|Title||Lord of the Worgen|
|Release Date||January 12, 2016|
|Health||1960 (+4% per level)|
|Health Regen||4.09 (+4% per level)|
|Energy||500 Mana (+4% per level)|
|Speed||100% / 130%|
|Attack Damage||146 (+4% per level)|
|Stats per level|
- "Mana(+4%perlevel)" can not be assigned to a declared number type with value 500.
- "%/130%" can not be assigned to a declared number type with value 100.
- "(+4%perlevel)" can not be assigned to a declared number type with value 146.
Greymane, the Lord of the Worgen, is a ranged (human form) and melee (worgen form) assassin hero from the Warcraft universe. In light of the many tragedies that befell the people of Gilneas, Genn Greymane embraces his inner beast. He employs his bestial fervor and human tenacity in tandem to ensure the safety of the Alliance, rather than succumbing to the worgen curse.
Greymane's ability to quickly shapeshift between human and worgen forms makes him a versatile and formidable threat in any combat situation. Whether firing from behind the lines of battle, dousing enemies in explosive Gilnean Cocktails, or pouncing fang-first into battle, the Lord of the Worgen will do what is necessary to protect all he holds dear. Those who threaten Greymane or his people would do well to fear the shadows, for they will undoubtedly meet their end at the vicious claws within.
BackgroundThis section concerns content exclusive to the Warcraft universe.
Years of hardship and personal loss have not broken Genn Greymane; they have shaped him into a ferocious warrior, a cunning statesman, and a loyal ally.
After Genn Greymane became king of Gilneas, he pursued a doctrine of isolationism. He refused to join the Alliance, and he even built the colossal Greymane Wall to close off his nation from the rest of the world. In his hubris, he believed Gilneas could handle any threat that came its way, without the help of outsiders.
Everything changed when a horrifying curse engulfed his nation. The affliction transformed many Gilneans—including Greymane—into bloodthirsty wolf-beasts known as worgen. As the curse continued to spread, Sylvanas Windrunner and her undead Forsaken invaded Greymane's weakened kingdom. A large number of brave Gilneans lost their lives defending their nation... even the king's son, Prince Liam. Hardship after hardship befell Greymane and his people, until they were forced to flee their home and find refuge with the Alliance.
A lesser king would have crumbled in the face of these tragedies. Greymane did not. In the years since Gilneas's fall, he has become one of the Alliance's fiercest supporters. He has also learned to control the worgen curse in his blood and use it as a weapon. Though Greymane dreams of reclaiming Gilneas, he will first focus his efforts on securing peace for the Alliance. He and his people are prepared to fight with sword and fang against anything that endangers the Alliance, whether it is the Burning Legion or Sylvanas and her Forsaken.
- Lord of the Worgen
- Backstory: Gazlowe and Gallywix always have the Extravaganza's finances in mind. So a Ringmaster that's not only a lion tamer, but also the lion? Well, that's a done deal, my friend.
- Price: $7.49 / 6.49€
- Greymane was first mentioned in the manual for Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness (1995).
- Greymane made his first novel appearance in Warcraft: Day of the Dragon (2001), and his first game appearance in World of Warcraft: Cataclysm (2010).
- Greymane was under consideration as far back as 2011.
- Greymane was one of the four heroes revealed at BlizzCon 2015.
- Ringmaster Greymane's worgen form /dance is a reference to Alex the Lion in Madagascar.
- One of Greymane's gag quotes references the television series The Incredible Hulk.
- The talents "Visceral Attacks", "Quicksilver Bullets", and "Hunter's Blunderbuss" are likely references to the action RPG Bloodborne, fitting in with Greymane's mobile fighting style and bestial transformation.
Greymane's arena team.
- Gilnean Cocktail.jpg
Human Q: Gilnean Cocktail.
- Inner Beast Human.jpg
Human W: Inner Beast.
Human E: Darkflight.
- Razor Swipe.jpg
Worgen Q: Razor Swipe.
- Inner Beast Worgen.jpg
Worgen W: Inner Beast.
Worgen E: Disengage.
- Go for the Throat.jpg
R1: Go for the Throat.
- Marked for the Kill.jpg
R2: Marked for the Kill.
- New Heroes & Battlegrounds Announced at BlizzCon 2015
- 2011-10-23, BlizzCon 2011 - Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm and Blizzard DOTA - Art & Technology Panel (Full). YouTube, accessed on 2011-11-07
- Greymane Hero Week
- Greymane - Heroes of the Storm
- Genn Greymane - World of Warcraft
- Genn Greymane - Wowpedia
- Greymane Build Guide on Icy Veins
- Greymane Balance Changelog - Heroes Patch Notes