|Release Date||March 1, 2016|
|Stats per level|
Xul, the Cryptic Necromancer, is a melee specialist hero from the Diablo franchise. From the recesses of the eastern jungles comes a man cloaked in mystery. As a member of the secretive Priests of Rathma, or the Necromancers, Xul fights to preserve the delicate balance between order and chaos. Using powerful death magic, Xul will sap the strength of his enemies, block their escape, and direct his spectral scythe with lethal accuracy. Those who fall before the Necromancer find no peace even in death, rising again as skeletal servants bound to do their master’s bidding.
Xul is a sturdy spellcaster that cripples enemies with Necromantic magic. He summons Skeletal Warriors from the corpses of enemies.
Background[edit | edit source]This section concerns content exclusive to Diablo universe.
The necromancer, as his name implies, is an unseemly form of sorcerer whose spells deal with the raising of the dead and the summoning and control of various creatures for his purposes. Though his goals are often aligned with those of the forces of Light, some do not think that these ends can justify his foul means. Long hours of study in dank mausoleums have made his skin pale and corpselike, his figure skeletal. Most people shun him for his peculiar looks and ways, but none doubt the power of the necromancer, for it is the stuff of nightmares.
Xul was the necromancer in the group of heroes who battled Diablo and his brethren during the events of Diablo II. He survived the journey, and later trained an apprentice named Mehtan.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Talents[edit | edit source]
Deal 510 (230 + 4% per level) damage to enemies in a line.
Skins[edit | edit source]
- Cryptic Necromancer
- Backstory: From the recesses of the eastern jungles comes a man cloaked in mystery. As a member of the secretive Priests of Rathma, or the Necromancers, Xul wields powerful death magic and fights to preserve the delicate balance between order and chaos.
- Backstory: Cloaked in foreign garb, Xul returned from his fight against the Prime Evils as a Master Necromancer. He chose to mentor only a single apprentice, a promising student named Mehtan.
- Serpent King
- Backstory: Farmer Saldean looked at the empty pole with confusion. Hadn't he hitched up that new Scarecrow? In his bewilderment he missed the words scratched into the dirt, "It's time to harvest."
- Epic Skin Features: Altered voice-over, themed abilities. Raise Skeleton's magic effect is orange, and the skeletons raised wear Halloween masks. Spectral Scythe is in the shape of his new scythe. Cursed Strikes makes his scythe glow orange and strikes kick up hay and crows. Bone Prison traps heroes with corn stalks and jack-o'-lanterns. Skeletal Mages wear witch hats and Halloween masks. Poison Nova launches jack-o'-lanterns.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Xul represents the necromancer class from Diablo II (2000).
- Xul is voiced by Michael McConnohie.
- Xul is the first Diablo II hero in the game, the second being Cassia.
- Xul is the only Diablo melee specialist hero in the game.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
General[edit | edit source]
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
Xul fighting the Headless Horseman
Videos[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- 2015-01-21, Heroes of the Storm Gets Diablo's Necromancer and Wizard, accessed on 2015-01-21
- Xul Hero Page
- The Arreat Summit - Necromancer
[edit | edit source]
- Xul Hero Week
- Xul - Heroes of the Storm
- Xul - Diablo Wiki
- Xul Build Guide on Icy Veins
- Xul Balance Changelog - Heroes Patch Notes
- Xul Sound Files - Sounds of the Storm