|Release Date||March 13, 2014|
|Stats per level|
Valla, the Demon Hunter, is a ranged assassin hero from the Diablo universe. She witnessed the ferocity of hellspawn firsthand as the demons ravaged her village and left her for dead. Now, with no people to call her own, her only allegiance is to her cause: to rid Sanctuary of the demonic filth corrupting its lands.
Valla strikes at the enemy from afar and gains Hatred, increasing her Move Speed and Basic Attack damage. Can Vault away if enemies get too close.
Background[edit | edit source]This section concerns content exclusive to Diablo universe.
In the world of Sanctuary Demon Hunters are spoken of in whispers. They are as feared as the demons they hunt and for good measure. Valla, like all demon hunters, walks a fine line between the tides of corruption from the enemies she faces and giving in to the sea of writhing hatred that fuels her quest to rid her world of the forces of Hell. The only thing that saves her is her incredible discipline that tempers all of her actions since answering the call of her order.
Valla's story starts many years ago when she was a young child. She lived a quiet life in a small town in the Eastern Kingdoms with her parents and younger sister Halissa. Her life changed when a demon horde descended upon her community and butchered everyone. Valla and her sister were the only two to survive the slaughter, her parents and everyone else she had ever known were mercilessly killed by the demons.
Valla and Halissa ran into the forests surrounding her home for safety. Eventually the stress of narrowly surviving a demon attack, living like an animal in the woods and the constant fear that they would be discovered became too much for Halissa to handle and she snapped in the middle of a violent rain storm.
Valla chased after her sister to try and protect her. In Halissa’s fractured state of mind she ran straight into the rapids of a nearby river. Valla tried desperately to save her, but the rain made her grip too slippery, the current was too strong. The last Valla ever saw of Halissa was her being taken by the river. Valla would soon be found by a band of Demon Hunters that were tracking the horde responsible for killing her village and thus began her life as one of their order.
It would take many years for her to temper her hatred with the discipline needed to face powerful demons. She would face a powerful demon called Valdraxxis who used her memories of her lost sister against her, but this only would serve to strengthen her resolve and allow her to finally realize her true potential as a Demon Hunter. When Valla stared into the abyss that was Valdraxxis’ soul, it was the demon that blinked first.
Valla would later play an integral role in the saving of Sanctuary as she fought mercilessly against the Lords of Hell and she would eventually bring down the Prime Evil, Diablo, before he could destroy the High Heavens. Her duty is not yet over though as Death itself has now come to challenge her...
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Talents[edit | edit source]
❢ Quest: Spend 180 seconds at 10 stacks of Hatred.
❢ Reward: Vault cooldown is reduced by 5 seconds.
❢ Reward: After gaining 100 bonus damage, gain an additional 75 bonus damage and Hungering Arrow also bounces 1 additional time.
❢ Quest: Use 100 Basic Attacks against Heroes.
❢ Reward: Your Hatred grants an additional 2% Basic Attack Damage per stack.
Activate to consume all Hatred, gaining 3 Spell Armor per Hatred consumed for 5 seconds.
Passive: Permenantly gain 20 Spell Armor, reducing Ability Damage taken by 20%.
Skins[edit | edit source]
- Demon Hunter
- Backstory: Valla witnessed the ferocity of hellspawn firsthand as the demons ravaged her village and left her for dead. Now, with no people to call her own, her only allegiance is to her cause: to rid Sanctuary of the demonic filth corrupting its lands.
- Backstory: Demon hunters share few traditions as each walks their own unique path... but a master passing on their armor, is an honor few refuse. Valla would wear Josen's mantle with pride.
- Vampire Slayer
- Backstory: Inarius was dead, and his disciples would be forever changed. Hatred burned within Valla's angelic heart, but she knew, if it could be tempered, it would be a powerful weapon.
- Epic Skin Features: Altered voice-over, themed abilities. Multishot and Vault have golden animations.
- Note: This skin theme is part of a shared theme of alternative history skins.
- Backstory: Having returned to the Dreadlands after slaying the Lord of Terror, Valla has taken up the mantle of Ordermaster so that she can share her knowledge and experience with neophyte demon hunters.
- Backstory: No one settled disputes on the lawless streets of Riskville faster than Valla de Hunter. When Marshal Raynor began to deputize a posse, she was the first gunslinger on his list.
- Epic Skin Features: Themed animations. Themed abilities. Hungering Arrow fires a giant bullet. Multishot fires a barrage of bullets. Dust is kicked up when she uses Vault. Rain of Vengeance's marker has a sheriff badge theme, and it drops exploding wooden barrels into the targeted area.
- Note: This skin theme is part of a shared theme of Riskville skins.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Valla represents the demon hunter class from Diablo III (2012).
- Valla is the protagonist of the short story Hatred and Discipline.
- Valla is voiced by Laura Bailey.
- All four tints of Valla's default palette resemble the Cardinel dye, Forester's dye, Lovely dye, and Autumn dye pigments from Diablo III.
- Valla was one of the 18 heroes revealed at BlizzCon 2013.
- Valla was made available as part of the preorder bonus for the Diablo III: Reaper of Souls expansion.
- One of Valla's quotes references the running joke about Darkness.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Heroes of the Storm, Blizzard Entertainment. Accessed on 2013-12-01
- 2013-11-09, BlizzCon 2013 – Heroes of the Storm – Concept Art and Screenshots. Blizzplanet, accessed on 2013-11-13
- Hatred and Discipline
[edit | edit source]
- Valla - Heroes of the Storm
- Valla - Diablo Wiki
- Valla Build Guide on Icy Veins
- Valla Balance Changelog - Heroes Patch Notes
- Valla Sound Files - Sounds of the Storm